PDA

View Full Version : Supporters world wide looking for ways to help.

EvilEngineer
09-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Just ran across this on Youtube, posted today. It's from a Ron Paul supporter in the Netherlands looking for ideas on how best our foreign allies can show their support for Ron Paul.

Check out his video and feel free to respond either here or on his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CKWd28kNmk

Syren123
09-27-2007, 11:08 PM
That is most excellent!

What SUCKS - thanks to McCain Feingold - is foreigners can't contribute money. Except, of course, to Hillary and Rudy.

katao
09-27-2007, 11:38 PM
We need to get them involved in other ways. I emailed all the foreign meetup group coordinators and asked for help with the MySpace initiative. A few have responded.

Let's brainstorm more ideas.

Sematary
09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
We need to get them involved in other ways. I emailed all the foreign meetup group coordinators and asked for help with the MySpace initiative. A few have responded.

Let's brainstorm more ideas.

They can't contribute directly to the campaign but nothing prevents them from contributing to the stuff that WE do.

Noog
09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
I think a lot of Americans are tired of the world hating us. Maybe they could play that angle, somehow. RP would make the US respectable again...

Thom1776
09-27-2007, 11:44 PM
They can mail postcards to the MSM and all our elected officials.

Imagine YOUR congressman and senators receiving postcards from foreigners all over the world stating that they hope Ron Paul gets elected because it will make the WHOLE WORLD a better place.

(EDIT BEGINS):

Hell! Have them mail postcards to VOTERS!!

TechnoGuyRob
09-27-2007, 11:46 PM
"Foreign Ron Paul supporters can mail postcards to the MSM and all our elected officials. Imagine YOUR congressman and senators receiving postcards from foreigners all over the world stating that they hope Ron Paul gets elected because it will make the WHOLE WORLD a better place."

Oh my God. Someone put that in their signature.

Blowback
09-27-2007, 11:48 PM
People can spread the message internationally at events that Americans attend like Oktoberfest. I know my parents are in Germany for it.

yoshimaroka
09-27-2007, 11:49 PM
There should be a world wide walk for Ron Paul initiative as well.

RonPaul2012grassroots
09-27-2007, 11:50 PM
That is most excellent!

What SUCKS - thanks to McCain Feingold - is foreigners can't contribute money.

We sell novelty items for the disenfranchised specifically for this reason.

There are native born American nationals who are not 'U.S. citizens' living in the US of A, and they are prohibited by Federal public policy from contributing to the Ron Paul campaign. We serve them with the best prices anywhere on RP yard signs, pole signs, bumper stickers, car magnets, etc.

Hook
09-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I wonder why foreigners care that much about our politics. Is it because they are tired of being afraid of what we are going to do next?

Ozwest
09-27-2007, 11:56 PM
If they have family or trusted friends in the States who are U.S. citizens they can still donate directly to the Campaign. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Or should I say... Join the pride of cats.

EvilEngineer
09-27-2007, 11:59 PM
As the good doctor says, "Freedom is popular". Europe right now is undergoing the brutal transformation into a police state under the control of the EU. They are the model for what will happen to us if we let the NAU form here. It is really sad all of the crap that the EU has signed into law, and it is absolutely a fraud of a "democracy". The most powerful message they can share with us is a "Don't let this happen to you too" sort of message with us.

The reason they like Ron Paul is that he inspires them as well. Ron Paul's message of freedom is ringing true around the world in oppressed countries. I really feel we are part of a much larger world wide revolution for freedom against our stealthy oppressors.

Syren123
09-27-2007, 11:59 PM
We sell novelty items for the disenfranchised specifically for this reason.

There are native born American nationals who are not 'U.S. citizens' living in the US of A, and they are prohibited by Federal public policy from contributing to the Ron Paul campaign. We serve them with the best prices anywhere on RP yard signs, pole signs, bumper stickers, car magnets, etc.

Yes you do, Tom. Bless you. My yards signs still look fantastic after months of sun and rain.

american.swan
09-28-2007, 12:04 AM
What about the foreigners working on the voters abroad? oh forgot...greg palast says that our votes from abroad will be send to the shredder.

hard@work
09-28-2007, 12:11 AM
He can help the movement grow by making the movement theirs as well.

Man from La Mancha
09-28-2007, 12:12 AM
If Israel has boughten off most of our congress, why can't there be foreign like paks?

mavtek
09-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I think it's time for a chipin for the world.

amakris
09-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Write letters to our newspapers

Thom1776
09-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Check this out, spread the word:

Foreigners For Freedom: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20657

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Just ran across this on Youtube, posted today. It's from a Ron Paul supporter in the Netherlands looking for ideas on how best our foreign allies can show their support for Ron Paul.

Check out his video and feel free to respond either here or on his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CKWd28kNmk

they can donate with our identities

how can fec even find out if you just make up identities?

austin356
09-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Hey really most of the things I do (50+ hpw) can just as easily be done by a foreigner provided they read english and dont mind the time differential.

austin356
09-28-2007, 12:25 AM
One big thing would be to buy merchandise (non-campaign) and have it shipped to Ron Paul meetup groups.

The Ron Paul stickers guy on here can take orders from people outside the US and have it shipped to any metro area that person wants.

Also for example I am collecting donations, raised $1500 so far (signature), and things like that are quite legal for non-citizens to fund. And even if it wasn't there would be no way to knowing anyways.

smtwngrl
09-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I wonder why foreigners care that much about our politics. Is it because they are tired of being afraid of what we are going to do next?

I think that might be part of it.

But many of them wish they had a Ron Paul in their country. They see what is going on there, and they think if someone like Ron Paul got elected, it will have an effect on the world--and the same spirit (of freedom) might catch fire in other places.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-28-2007, 12:26 AM
make up identities and keep donating http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/ sorry lol I'm joking

how can the fec even know?

I used my real identity

smtwngrl
09-28-2007, 12:35 AM
So, we want to get rid of corruption in government how? :eek:

And FEC may know when they read your posts in these forums. ;) They may not accept the excuse that you were joking.

Ozwest
09-28-2007, 12:49 AM
So, we want to get rid of corruption in government how? :eek:

And FEC may know when they read your posts in these forums. ;) They may not accept the excuse that you were joking.

Smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors.

born2drv
09-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Well if they're in the UK or other parts of the world that get free long distance via Vonage and other VOIP services, they should call up NH, SC and IA voters.... I bet they'd get a kick out of talking to someone from London or Scotland, etc, on why THEY love Ron Paul and hope they vote for him!

Best thing is, it wouldn't cost them a thing, other then $30/mo for phone service and their time.

Corydoras
09-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Foreigners writing letters to Americans telling them to vote for a candidate has backfired badly in the past. The Guardian newspaper in the UK coordinated an effort (I think it was for Dean) and the near-universal response from Americans was along the lines of "Like hell I'm going to let a foreigner tell an American what to do."

Nefertiti
09-28-2007, 05:56 AM
They can talk to Americans they know living in their countries about Ron Paul. Other than that, if they really support Ron Paul and his principles they will stay the hell clear of getting themselves involved in our elections, just as Ron Paul would stay out of theirs. I am always shocked by Ron Paul supporters who think it is OK to encourage foreigners to meddle in our business. What part of non-intervention do you not understand? :mad:

apropos
09-28-2007, 06:25 AM
Perhaps they could donate food to the American homeless?

Paul supporters organize food drive

http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070928/OPINION/709280321/1029/OPINION03

klamath
09-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Foreigners writing letters to Americans telling them to vote for a candidate has backfired badly in the past. The Guardian newspaper in the UK coordinated an effort (I think it was for Dean) and the near-universal response from Americans was along the lines of "Like hell I'm going to let a foreigner tell an American what to do."

It depends on how they write to Americans. If they write saying "we want you to elect RP because he will stop the U.S. from invading the world" God help them. However if they say "a RP victory in the U.S. would inspire freedom movements in our own countries that are so suppressed" I think Americans would take note.

Dutch
09-28-2007, 07:04 AM
If they write saying "we want you to elect RP because he will stop the U.S. from invading the world" God help them.
The sad part is that this is probably part of the reason why foreigners love Ron Paul.
I know it is for me :(

Dutch

mavtek
09-28-2007, 09:34 AM
http://www.patriotcalendar.com/rp/ronpaulwater.htm
Donate here!
To start!!

M.Bellmore
09-28-2007, 09:41 AM
CHIP-IN to all the efforts going on (national commercial week, football flyovers, etc)!