PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republican Candidate Web..! (Help!)

reduen
08-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Ok folks, what I got here is a candidate that is running on the "Republican" ticket for Arkansas State Senate (District 10) I have volunteered to set up and run his Web for him (more run than set up...) and what I need is some advice and help convincing the "older business/politics as usual" members of his campaign that "politics/business as usual" will not cut it today. (Especially where design is concerned..)

I know this is a small position in the big scope of things but guys/gals, I think it is very important that we be successful in our revolution at every level of office possible. The more support we get the easier it will be for us to take over this state’s current GOP. We are doing it people.. Please help us finish...!

So please if you read this post, do not just do nothing at all afterward! (I beg of you..!) You guys/gals are soo… talented and creative it would be such a big help if you would take some time and give me a hand on this.... (I am doing this all on a volunteer basis myself..)

1. Check the site out.. www.arsenate10.com (It is still under construction mind you.. That really is the point..)

2. Give me feedback. (Any and all welcome..!)

3. Give me some examples of the modern sites and stuff that seem to energize the youth and the apathetic in general.

4. As always, please donate to the cause if you are able.. I personally hate this part but have already donated so much time and money to our common cause that I realize it is a necessary evil...

Thank you so much again, and please do something to help here if at all possible..

Yours in Liberty,

Chris Romero

IamPersistent
08-19-2009, 11:24 AM
The appearance of the site is sufficient IMHO. I'm getting the impression you feel the site needs to be more hip and cool, but I think that is a lot of waste time and money, especially for a campaign that has limited resources.

I would get an issues page up. Right now, I can't find out anything about him based on the site. I would also say gear the issues toward the group you are trying to reach.

Also, watch your images sizes. The flag on the front page is HUGH. Resize it to the size you will be using on the site. There is no need to make people download such a large file, especially the folks who have a slow connection.

Austin
08-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Good job using netboots, but get rid of that web graphic of the 'flag' right away.
Add another picture of Mr. White in the "About Paul White" section. Float the image to the right.
Provide a section where people can download widgets and graphics.
Provide a section that provides a quick glance at the issues important today.

I realize that most of my comments fall into the "under construction" category, just pointing out the first few things that came to mind.

reduen
08-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Thank you! You are awesome.. :cool:

Keep them coming folks... :)

reduen
08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Good job using netboots, but get rid of that web graphic of the 'flag' right away.
Add another picture of Mr. White in the "About Paul White" section. Float the image to the right.
Provide a section where people can download widgets and graphics.
Provide a section that provides a quick glance at the issues important today.

I realize that most of my comments fall into the "under construction" category, just pointing out the first few things that came to mind.

Great!!

My Kids and their friends (young adults...) love the flag graphic and said it would be too plain without it. Any paticular reason you do not like it?

Austin
08-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Great!!

My Kids and their friends (young adults...) love the flag graphic and said it would be too plain without it. Any paticular reason you do not like it?

It does not fit with the web 2.0 theme of the web site. In fact, I don't think the graphic looks very good at all, with or without the rest of the site. :o

A banner definitely needs to be there, but it needs to fit the theme of the web site.

IamPersistent
08-19-2009, 11:40 AM
The other thing to focus on is social media. Build a facebook and twitter following. Get videos up.

muh_roads
08-19-2009, 11:41 AM
In the Iowa Caucus half the state went to Romney and the other half went to Huckabee, but what was that one county that went to Ron Paul? I would research their strategy if you find out. I think their supporters did a shit load of letters to the editor if I'm not mistaken.

reduen
08-19-2009, 12:02 PM
In the Iowa Caucus half the state went to Romney and the other half went to Huckabee, but what was that one county that went to Ron Paul? I would research their strategy if you find out. I think their supporters did a shit load of letters to the editor if I'm not mistaken.

Thank you Paladin, and yes if you could help me find that info, it would be great...!

reduen
08-19-2009, 12:09 PM
It does not fit with the web 2.0 theme of the web site. In fact, I don't think the graphic looks very good at all, with or without the rest of the site. :o

A banner definitely needs to be there, but it needs to fit the theme of the web site.

Ok, thank you for your input. I have had one other person who is a much older and very conservative individual, tell me that he was not in love with the graphic but you are the first to totally dislike it period.

What I am going for here is the opportunity for a tie-dye (spelling?) theme and then later shirts for the youth involved with the campaign. I chose that because tie-dye is both very appealing to the youth and at least tolerable to most other generations.. It may not suffice ultimately but just so you know the intent..

Thank you very much again!

Epic
08-19-2009, 12:15 PM
get rid of the flag graphic

reduen
08-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Mind explaining your reasoning a bit here Epic..?

Austin
08-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Thank you Paladin, and yes if you could help me find that info, it would be great...!

Off of the top of my head, I remember 2 specific things about their strategy.

The first thing they did was run newspaper ads, starting very early. They changed up the ads each week with new information.

They also banded together and opened a grassroots campaign office, if I recall correctly. They used this as a headquarters and also used it as an invitation for people to learn more about Ron Paul.

rayzer
08-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Don't forget to register with http://www.RetakeCongress.com!

StudentForPaul08
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
It just seems you need to add content, and some nifty graphics. If you like I would be happy to make some graphics for you. Other than that, you should just fill out your pages, where you stand on issues, about you, why you want to run, etc etc. Add pictures to those pages too.

For example every issue can have a picture or symbol then what you opinion is about ir and how to fix it.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/598/testuwa.jpg Info about government spending here.

just my thoughts. :)

specsaregood
08-19-2009, 04:05 PM

That would of course be Jefferson county, Iowa. Kinda tough to forget that name. :)

Here is a relevant thread:
" What we did in Jefferson County "
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=77655

Flash
08-19-2009, 04:13 PM
This is a great looking website imo!

reduen
08-19-2009, 05:07 PM
This is a great looking website imo!

Thank you very much Flash and to be honest the credit goes out to Terra Eclips for their netboots platform. About the only thing I can take credit for is to this point is the "contraversial flag".. lol (The young folks here in my part of Arkansas are in love with the idea..)

Good thing is, it only gets better from here..! (Well, hopefully anyway...) :) Keep an eye out in the future...

reduen
08-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Well folks, according to the forum, this thread has had almost 140 views and according to google the site has only had 14 unique visitors so far. I guess I am just not good enough at begging....(IDK, it only takes a few seconds...)

Anyway those of you who have responded are great! I truly appreciate every one of you! I am involved with this effort to win, not just make a good showing so please keep them coming.... :cool:

I have the Kokesh site and the Harris site as a couple of examples but are there any more that you guys like in particular...?

specsaregood
08-19-2009, 05:20 PM
It's minor but I don't like the lighting on the candidates pic/face. Makes him look kinda ghoulish.
Otherwise looks good to me, just needs content, which is always the hard part.

reduen
08-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Still at it folks...:) Those of you who do not like the falg have just about been over-ruled... Sorry. I have not had one person under 40 that did not like it at least a little. (People on this side of webland that is..)

Anybody suggest a nice alternative font for the quotes etc..?

dr. hfn
08-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Look at the Young Americans for Liberty and Audit the Fed website for examples of great websites.

http://www.yaliberty.org/

http://www.auditthefed.com/

coyote_sprit
08-24-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm gonna be blunt with you, the flag is ugly looks like you took a low res version of the Arkansas flag; overlayed a red, white and blue gradient on it and then copied some MS wordart onto it. A web designer in 1998 would have told you it was ugly and with technology today it's just abysmal doesn't go with the site at all.

reduen
08-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Look at the Young Americans for Liberty and Audit the Fed website for examples of great websites.

http://www.yaliberty.org/

http://www.auditthefed.com/

Yep, those are top notch, thank you for reminding me of them! They are perfect examples. I will probably get those folks (Terra Eclipse)to do a really nice one like those if I can get enough money donated to the campaign but for now we got to go the more economical way.... :o

The candidate and myself have paid for what we have so far and we did not have the kind of cash that they get for sites like that. :)

Thanks again tkubic...!

reduen
08-24-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm gonna be blunt with you, the flag is ugly looks like you took a low res version of the Arkansas flag; overlayed a red, white and blue gradient on it and then copied some MS wordart onto it. A web designer in 1998 would have told you it was ugly and with technology today it's just abysmal doesn't go with the site at all.

Thank you...

coyote_sprit
08-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Thank you...

I'm not trying to insult you, just giving very constructive criticism.

reduen
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm not trying to insult you, just giving very constructive criticism.

Don't worry, I have had that reaction one other time and I expect it for many reasons. This campaign is a graasroots effort and I am still learning.

I have seen many people respond in such a manner to the Loveolution logo, and many of the other graphics produced ih the freedom movement this past couple of years. (Even some of the sites being advertized here in Liberty Forest already...)

I asked for it, I got it! No harm done.... :) Thank you...