PDA

View Full Version : Who Cares About Antiwar.com?

disorderlyvision
08-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Ron Paul (Congressman): "Antiwar.com is the leading source of information for scholars, journalists, and activists looking for material to combat the propaganda of the war party. I tell my staff to go to Antiwar.com every morning to keep up with the day's events."

Daniel Ellsberg (Pentagon Papers): "Antiwar.com is an essential part of the antiwar movement. Going there every day gives you a good picture of what is really going on in the world."

Pat Buchanan (journalist): "I commend Antiwar.com's campaign to forge a new anti-interventionist coalition. Only an engaged and informed citizenry can bring about a reversal of the neo-imperial foreign policy that has been foisted upon us in the post-Cold War era by the elites of both Beltway parties."

Steve Clemons (New America Foundation): "Antiwar.com is a vital part of the public's tool kit to knock back the secrecy and opaqueness of our government's national security and war-related policy decisions."

Eric Margolis (Toronto Sun): "Antiwar.com has become a leading voice of the free, uncensored media in America. Antiwar.com reminds me of the 'samizdats' (covert typed news reports) that used to circulate in the Soviet Union and were the only source of real news. Supporting Antiwar.com is support for free media and honest reporting."

Greg Palast (BBC Newsnight): "[Antiwar.com's] Scott Horton is the toughest interviewer to lie to. And, in deliberate violation of US media standards, he's read a book. Give him your money."

Chris Floyd (journalist): "[Antiwar.com's] Jason Ditz is an indispensable chronicler of the Terror War in Central Asia."

Lew Rockwell (Mises Institute/LRC): "For pro-peace, anti-interventionist libertarians, Antiwar.com is indispensable. I read it every day."

David Nolan (founder, Libertarian Party): "Antiwar.com is one of the few consistent voices opposing militarism and foreign adventurism. They hold everyone accountable to the same standards, regardless of who is in power."

James Wolcott (Vanity Fair): "Antiwar is the full-service station for anti-imperialist news and opinions you won't find in the pages of the establishment press. It's vital such independent sites be supported, since they don't have the advantage of corporate money to leech off of, unlike all those think tanks with the big glassy offices in D.C."

Sheldon Richman (Foundation for Economic Education): "I don't know what I'd do without Antiwar.com. It's the place to go to find out what the war-makers are up to."

Thomas Woods (historian): "Antiwar.com, one of my favorite websites, takes apart the lies and pretensions of the empire - and it does so every single day. Its news links separate truth from propaganda, and its columnists eviscerate the bad guys. That's why I donate every month."

Andy Worthington (historian): "An invaluable resource! Antiwar.com has great commentators, and rounds up the best antiwar stories every day to keep readers informed."

Robert Higgs (Independent Institute): "Antiwar.com is an incomparable resource for everyone concerned about the scourge of war in today's world. The wealth of news reports from diverse sources and the consistently intelligent commentary on Antiwar.com shield us from the ceaseless propaganda that spews out of the U.S. warfare state."

Brendan O'Neill (Spiked.com): "I hope people don't think that just because Bush is out of the White House we no longer need Antiwar.com. The great thing about Antiwar.com over the past 10 years is that it has challenged both Republican wars and Democrat wars; both unpopular wars and popular wars. Such consistency is rare in the field of Internet activism - and with Obama bombing Pakistan on a weekly basis and getting more deeply embroiled in Afghanistan, we need it now more than ever."

Christopher Ketcham (journalist): "After I've been lied to enough reading the New York Times and Washington Post, I go to Antiwar.com."

Kevin Zeese (Voters for Peace): "Antiwar.com is THE place to go to get the full story on military conflict around the world, not only the status of ongoing conflicts but the back story of why they are occurring as well as what it will take to end them."

Mark Ames (eXiledOnline.com): "I've been a fan of Antiwar.com since Clinton launched the Kosovo War and the entire media Establishment proved itself to be in the pocket of the government. You know Antiwar.com is truly independent by the way it collects enemies and detractors like trophies. Until America comes back to its senses, we need Antiwar.com the way Soviet dissidents needed their samizdats."

Aaron Glantz (journalist): "Antiwar.com is a necessary resource for any American concerned about the increasing encroachment of the warfare state."

Tom Engelhardt (Nation Institute): "Antiwar.com is my morning cup of coffee, my sandwich at lunch, and my five-course dinner. With the eyes of eagles, the true mania of collectors, and the stamina of marathon runners, the folks of AW scour the world for the articles I need on war and peace. Their work is indispensable."

Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski (former Pentagon official): "Antiwar.com fights hard for peace and liberty with honest, principled reporting and enlightened commentary. Its enemies are well-funded, vicious, and a little bit scared."

Chalmers Johnson (historian): "Antiwar.com is the best compendium of global news."

Greg Mitchell (Editor & Publisher): "For years I have not only used Antiwar.com to stay informed, and for my own articles and books, but also linked to their stories literally hundreds of times at Editor & Publisher's main site and blog. Invaluable!"

You should care, too: please contribute today. (http://antiwar.com/donate/)

disorderlyvision
08-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Your eCheck bank payment of $5.00 USD to Antiwar.com (egarris@antiwar.com)is in progress.

Cowlesy
08-21-2009, 09:13 AM
sent them a donation earlier this year --- it's a good site

thasre
08-21-2009, 09:15 AM
I tried to remind people to donate yesterday during the moneybomb, but I think that failed miserably.

specsaregood
08-21-2009, 09:15 AM
They need some better merchandise. I would think somebody creative could come up with some better cafepress stuff than what they currently sell.

disorderlyvision
08-21-2009, 09:55 AM
sent them a donation earlier this year --- it's a good site

I have downloaded a lot of interviews from their archives (Ron Paul, Tom Woods, Chalmers Johnson (who, I didn't know, is a hardcore liberal, supporting cap and trade and healthcare), Bovard, etc) I thought that was worth a few bucks. I'm kind of broke right now or I would have donated more. I donated to Rand, anti-war, and did the marijuana book bomb yesterday...

disorderlyvision
08-21-2009, 11:24 AM
bump

amy31416
08-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Love this site, have it bookmarked.

Can't donate today, but will soon.

Eric Arthur Blair
08-21-2009, 11:44 AM
it's a great site.

disorderlyvision
08-22-2009, 09:44 AM
bump

Pericles
08-22-2009, 11:16 AM
They need some better merchandise. I would think somebody creative could come up with some better cafepress stuff than what they currently sell.

If they could get their logo on a line of ARs and maybe some 9mm pistols, that would help get the word out.:D

BenIsForRon
08-22-2009, 02:52 PM
These guys need money, I can't believe only 960 people have donated in the past 12 days. There has to be way more than 1,000 people who read the site.

Eric Arthur Blair
08-22-2009, 02:57 PM
These guys need money, I can't believe only 960 people have donated in the past 12 days. There has to be way more than 1,000 people who read the site.

I've given as much as I can right now as I'm broke but it looks like they might be OK for another while. No fancy corporations will help keep this truth site alive but will happily fund the terrorist state of Israel. Just check this site out and weep. http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-israel.php

What a depraved world we live in.

RSLudlum
08-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Just donated again.

You sent a payment of $20.00 USD to Antiwar.com (xxxxxxx@antiwar.com)

Epic
08-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Why does their site need so much money??

It seems they could get by on a lot less.

They complain about money every couple of months. They need to change the business model.

Liberty Star
08-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Good to know.

disorderlyvision
08-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Thank you to the 1,187 of you who have given a total of $47,911 as of the end of day 15 of our quarterly drive. We are getting closer to the $70,000 to keep Antiwar.com running for the next quarter.

Looks like they are getting closer to their goal...

dr. hfn
08-25-2009, 03:18 PM
how much does this site need to run?! $70,000 per quarter?!

coyote_sprit
08-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Why does it need $70,000 per quarter. Has hardly any user generated content and has even less traffic then RPF.

BenIsForRon
08-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Antiwar has to pay the salaries of the people who search out the stories across the world that no one else is covering. These people have families to feed, and updating that massive site day to day is time consuming, so no real opportunity for a second job. Then there's all the servers and so on.

Coyote, where did you get the info that they get less traffic than us?

coyote_sprit
08-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Alexa...

0zzy
08-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Why does it need $70,000 per quarter. Has hardly any user generated content and has even less traffic then RPF.

Full time salaries for a few of the staff. I was an intern, they work full time on this and are dedicated to the cause.

lavender1122
08-25-2009, 05:53 PM
If you are buying something on amazon.com and you click the link below, antiwar.com gets a percentage of what you spend:

http://www.antiwar.com/amazon/

disorderlyvision
08-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Full time salaries for a few of the staff. I was an intern, they work full time on this and are dedicated to the cause.

Probably cost a bit to produce their radio show as well. That is the main reason I personally donated. I have downloaded a ton of interviews from their archives, and I figured that was worth a few bucks.

AdamT
08-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Donated the other day.

BlackTerrel
08-25-2009, 06:33 PM
The site had some good stuff in the build up to the Iraq war but now they remind me like one of those end of world cults but instead of "the world is ending soon" they're "we're going to war with Iran any day now... soon... just watch... it's coming... I promise".

They'll be doing the same 20 years from now if they can find enough gullible donors.

disorderlyvision
08-30-2009, 06:04 PM
$1500 away from their goal