PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Napolitano?

justinc.1089
08-19-2009, 03:26 AM
I heard people saying good stuff about him around here now and then, so I have been paying more attention to him, and I still haven't heard and can't find anything bad about him, so why aren't we talking about him as a potential candidate for senate or something else?

Jeremy
08-19-2009, 03:35 AM
We were.

itshappening
08-19-2009, 04:42 AM
he hasn't shown an interest in getting into politics. I think he likes his job!

Kludge
08-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Holding political office isn't necessarily a patriot's goal. The Judge has a great platform to speak on and he's good at what he does, same with other libertarians in the news and elsewhere. Trying to draft someone implies we think we know what they should be doing. We aren't just noting our support if he/she wants it: we're urging the person to run.

FrankRep
08-19-2009, 05:46 AM
We were.

yep

erowe1
08-19-2009, 06:18 AM
PEAC PAC, the group that initially led the draft Schiff and draft Rand campaigns, also did one for Napolitano. It never really got off the ground. There's no Senate election in NJ in 2010, and his Congressional district is a solid Democrat district.

HOLLYWOOD
08-19-2009, 06:50 AM
Judge Napolitano was just on C-SPAN's Washington Journal. I presume unscheduled since he's not listed on the programming.

Excellent 35 minute piece on his new book Dred Scott's Revenge.

Really ripped Racist President Lincoln and even touched on the economic cause of the Civil War

You should be able to watch the vid highlights here:

http://www.c-span.com/Series/Washington-Journal.aspx

Mandrik
08-19-2009, 07:25 AM
The only thing wrong with Napolitano is that he can't be in more places than one at a time. This man is as great an ally as Ron Paul. This is not only because of his views, but also because he is on TV & radio educating others.

HOLLYWOOD
08-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Napolitano stated this morning to the viewers and questioners that, "I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, I'm a Libertarian."

He was in the Fox news room for the segment.

MRoCkEd
08-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Why does every libertarian have to run for office? There are better ways to promote freedom. Judge is best-suited in his current position.

jmdrake
08-19-2009, 08:58 AM
The only thing wrong with Napolitano is that he can't be in more places than one at a time. This man is as great an ally as Ron Paul. This is not only because of his views, but also because he is on TV & radio educating others.

Exactly! He's doing a great job already. And we need to do more to highlight his role as a news analyst and talk show host. He's frankly the best we've got. Unlike Alex Jones (whom I do like) he's not overly controversial. Unlike Glenn Beck (whom I despise) he's been consistently with us. I also have a lot of love for Lou Dobbs. GB and AJ get talked about more here simply because there are strong feelings on either side and thus we have flame wars and flame wars drive threads. (Sad but true feature of most internet forums).

As for him running for office, not everything at once. We have some strong candidates for this congressional cycle. If Ron doesn't run in 2012 I hope the judge will. Considering his exposure on Fox it would be impossible for the media to ignore him.

Regards,

John M. Drake

disorderlyvision
08-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Janet Napolitano is a douche

georgiaboy
08-19-2009, 09:07 AM
I saw the judge on C-span today. He's a class act all around. People of all political stripes were complimenting him and his book, which is a decidedly controversial tome for today's mainstream audience. They liked him because he told unbiased truth, a salve to the ears of those who will hear. Great to have him on our side, plugging freedom & the constitution.

jmdrake
08-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Janet Napolitano is a douche

It has to be tough on Andrew Napolitano to share the same last name as Janet Napolitano these days.

RevolutionSD
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
He's in LOVE with the constitution. :(

RoyalShock
08-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Liberals and neocons got a stranglehold on public policy through the educational system and MSM. We need people like the judge to man those stations for re-education to occur.

FrankRep
08-19-2009, 10:16 AM
What do you mean? Why the sad face?

tremendoustie
08-19-2009, 10:21 AM

There are far worse things one could say about a person these days. I don't agree with everything in the constitution either, but those who support it want more freedom, so I support them.

Nathan Hale
08-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Holding political office isn't necessarily a patriot's goal. The Judge has a great platform to speak on and he's good at what he does, same with other libertarians in the news and elsewhere. Trying to draft someone implies we think we know what they should be doing. We aren't just noting our support if he/she wants it: we're urging the person to run.

Agreed. While the Judge brings something to the table (i.e. the credibility of being a former judge and current TV personality), he loses so much more as he is one of the Fox network's biggest rising stars. Better to keep him placed where he is - giving countless hours of attention to pro-liberty candidates and issues.

Matt Collins
08-19-2009, 10:31 AM
he loses so much more as he is one of the Fox network's biggest rising stars. Huh? :confused: This makes no sense.

South Park Fan
08-19-2009, 10:31 AM

In Dred Scott's Revenge, he says that natural law takes priority over positive law (the Constitution)

justinc.1089
08-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Idk I think having him run for senate this time would have been a great idea, and later president. It would be hard for him to run for president without having the former title of senator or governor in reality since most presidential candidates that win were usually governors or senators before. But he is well known and does have political experience, so I guess thats being a little trivial.

I still think we should have made a bigger deal about him running for senate. If he knew he had support out there like Paul he might really consider running more seriously.

But I also agree that he is in a very important position now being in the news. Thats very important. I don't think Dobbs or Beck are really with us at all. I'm not sure about Dobbs he really doesn't say much I disagree with, although I haven't watched him in forever, but something just doesn't feel trustworthy about him to me I'm not sure why though. Beck called us terrorists though so its going to take a Ron Paul endorsement on tv by him to get me to believe he is with us now.

FrankRep
08-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Judge Andrew Napolitano at the Ohio Tea Party - Aug 1st, 2009

YouTube - Judge Andrew Napolitano- Columbus Ohio Tea Party, August 1, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ySpaDlMsY)

YouTube - Judge Andrew Napolitano- Columbus Ohio Tea Party, August 1, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7-75RZuxIs)

The Original Gentleman
08-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Is anyone here a friend of Judge Napolitano on facebook? He hasn't accepted my friend request.

Jason T
08-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Instead of encouraging him to run for office I think we should encourage Fox to give him his own show on Fox News so he can convert some neocons.

Anyone know how his ratings were the times he filled in for Beck?

erowe1
08-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Idk I think having him run for senate this time would have been a great idea

In what state? NJ doesn't have a senate election in 2010, and moving somewhere right before an election just to run for office is not usually a winning strategy if you're someone other than Hillary Clinton.

Ferus
08-19-2009, 11:51 AM
We can't have all the liberty people in the Congress. We need them in other branches too.

Bucjason
08-19-2009, 11:53 AM
I heard people saying good stuff about him around here now and then, so I have been paying more attention to him, and I still haven't heard and can't find anything bad about him, so why aren't we talking about him as a potential candidate for senate or something else?

Because he hasn't announced he's running for anything. ;)

Nathan Hale
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Huh? :confused: This makes no sense.

By running for office, the Judge would need to surrender his positioning in the Fox network.

Epic
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Running for office would be such a huge backward step.

We aren't going to each liberty strictly through working inside the political system.

Educational and informational activity is more important.