PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck being dropped by advertisers for calling Obama racist

Feenix566
08-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Stop the race baiting
Call on advertisers to drop
sponsorship of Glenn Beck
FOX's Glenn Beck:

"This president has exposed himself as a guy over and over and over again who has a deep-seated hatred for white people ... this guy is, I believe, a racist."
Beck is on a campaign to convince the American public that President Obama's agenda is about serving the needs of Black communities at White people's expense. It's repulsive, divisive and shouldn't be on the air.

Join us in calling on Beck's advertisers to stop sponsoring his show.

http://colorofchange.org/beck/

Eight More Companies Decide to Pull Ads from Glenn Beck; Twenty Companies Have Now Pulled Advertising

Wal-Mart, CVS, Best Buy, Travelocity, Among Latest to Pull Ads

OAKLAND, Calif.—Eight more Glenn Beck advertisers, including Wal-Mart – the world’s largest retailer – have confirmed to ColorOfChange.org that they pulled their ads from the controversial Fox News Channel broadcaster’s eponymous show. Allergan (maker of Restasis), Ally Bank (a unit of GMAC Financial Services), Best Buy, Broadview Security, CVS, Re-Bath, Travelocity and Wal-Mart join the dozen other companies who previously distanced themselves from Beck.

Twenty companies have pulled their ads from Beck’s show in just the last two weeks. The moves come after the Fox News host called President Obama a “racist” who “has a deep-seated hatred for white people” during an appearance on Fox & Friends. Previous companies who pulled their ads include ConAgra, GEICO, Lawyers.com, Men’s Wearhouse, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance, RadioShack, Roche, SC Johnson, Sanofi-Aventis, Sargento, and State Farm Insurance.

“We are heartened to see so many corporate citizens step up in support of our campaign against Glenn Beck,” said James Rucker, executive director of ColorOfChange.org. “Their action sends a clear a message to Glenn Beck: Broadcasters shouldn’t abuse the privilege they enjoy by spewing dangerous and racially charged hate language over the air. No matter their political affiliation, hate language doesn’t belong in our national dialogue.”

http://colorofchange.org/beck/release-walmart.html

Walmart, CVS, Best Buy Ditch Glenn Beck (Plus Five More Companies)
James Rucker
Founder of ColorOfChange.org
Posted: August 17, 2009 04:35 PM

Big news today. We've confirmed that eight more major advertisers have pulled their support from Glenn Beck's show -- Wal-Mart, Best Buy, CVS, Travelocity, Allergan (maker of Restasis), Ally Bank, Broadview Security, and Re-Bath.

Overall, twenty advertisers have now ended their support of Beck. We're going to keep the pressure on Beck's remaining advertisers this week, and we'll let you know how you can help.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-rucker/wal-mart-cvs-best-buy-dit_b_261424.html

Apparently this whole thing was orchestrated by a guy named James Rucker. He contributes to HuffingtonPost.com and started his own organization, called colorofchange.org

Sounds to me like no one is interested in challenging Beck to a debate on this subject. They're just using this as an opportunity to try and get him off the air.

On the other hand, this may be good news for the liberty movement if Fox News permanently replaces Glenn Beck with Judge Napolitano.

Feenix566
08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
What Is ColorOfChange.org?
ColorOfChange.org exists to strengthen Black America's political voice. Our goal is to empower our members—Black Americans and our allies—to make government more responsive to the concerns of Black Americans and to bring about positive political and social change for everyone.

http://colorofchange.org/about.html

Who's the racist?

Long_Lamkin
08-18-2009, 03:13 PM
http://collegeotr.s3.amazonaws.com/images/blogs/76e5c03b96de79747129eeea3447aed3.jpg

Feenix566
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
What We Do
Using the Internet, we will enable our members to speak in unison, with an amplified political voice. We will keep them informed about the most pressing issues for Black people in America and give them ways to act. We will lobby elected representatives using email, the telephone, and face-to-face meetings. We'll bring attention to the needs and concerns of Black folks by holding coordinated events in different parts of the country, running TV and print advertisements, and demanding that the news media cover our issues. We will also work with other groups—online efforts and other organizations that are doing related work—to magnify our impact.

When we come together and speak with one voice, we cannot be ignored.

James Rucker
James Rucker serves as executive director of ColorOfChange.org. Prior, James served as Director of Grassroots Mobilization for MoveOn.org Political Action and Moveon.org Civic Action and was instrumental in developing and executing on fundraising, technology, and campaign strategies. Prior to joining MoveOn, James worked in various roles in the software industry in the San Francisco and has provided coaching and technology consulting for other start-up ventures.

http://colorofchange.org/about.html

ClayTrainor
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
http://collegeotr.s3.amazonaws.com/images/blogs/76e5c03b96de79747129eeea3447aed3.jpg

:confused:

coyote_sprit
08-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Since when was Best Buy a relevant company?

Flash
08-18-2009, 03:23 PM
On the other hand, this may be good news for the liberty movement if Fox News permanently replaces Glenn Beck with Judge Napolitano.

Bull. If Glenn Beck and Judge Napolitano were on the same network it would be the best for the liberty movement.

And FOX NEWS hasn't lost any revenue over these ad losses, since the sponsors are simply switching their ads to other FOX shows.

Objectivist
08-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey Best Buy... I was going to buy a laptop for the kid but not at Best Buy.

Long_Lamkin
08-18-2009, 03:27 PM
:confused:

That's a picture of a bunch of New Black Panther Party thugs stationed outside of a polling place in Philly back in November. They had bats and lead pipes and were shouting things like "This is a black nation now!"

A civil rights investigation was initiated but it was dropped by Eric Holder's DOJ.

I'm likening the people calling for advertisers to drop their ads from GB to those thugs.

coyote_sprit
08-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey Best Buy... I was going to buy a laptop for the kid but not at Best Buy.

Buy over the internet save money and get a better product plus if it's out of state you don't have to pay a huge tax.

Objectivist
08-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Here's Obama's spokesman Robert Reich...
YouTube - Obamas economic advisor no "White Male Construction Workers" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5KI61z5Dyo&feature=related)

catdd
08-18-2009, 04:03 PM
People wouldn't boycott WalMart if Bin Laden was working in sporting goods.

Dr.3D
08-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Buy over the internet save money and get a better product plus if it's out of state you don't have to pay a huge tax.
My state requires I pay sales tax on anything I buy over the internet or via the telephone, even if it is out of state.

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2009, 04:20 PM
My state requires I pay sales tax on anything I buy over the internet or via the telephone, even if it is out of state.

Really???? I didn't think they could do that - I don't think any Internet vendors are set up to do that.

Let me guess: CA, MA, CT, IL, NJ or NY? (The usual suspects...)

-t

coyote_sprit
08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
If you live in CA it doesn't help that most online electronics sellers are based there....zzz

Objectivist
08-18-2009, 04:32 PM
People wouldn't boycott WalMart if Bin Laden was working in sporting goods.

Hmm, I never shop at WalMart.

Expatriate
08-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Well, if this organization isn't racist then it still wouldn't be racist if they referred to a different race in their intro, right? Let's see what happens when I replace the word "Black" with the word "White"...

ColorOfChange.org exists to strengthen White America's political voice. Our goal is to empower our members—White Americans and our allies—to make government more responsive to the concerns of White Americans and to bring about positive political and social change for everyone.

WHAT WE DO

Using the Internet, we will enable our members to speak in unison, with an amplified political voice. We will keep them informed about the most pressing issues for White people in America and give them ways to act. We will lobby elected representatives using email, the telephone, and face-to-face meetings. We'll bring attention to the needs and concerns of White folks by holding coordinated events in different parts of the country, running TV and print advertisements, and demanding that the news media cover our issues. We will also work with other groups—online efforts and other organizations that are doing related work—to magnify our impact.

ZOMG! IT"S A WHITE SUPREMACIST NAZI RACIST EXTREMIST HATE GROUP! CALL THE SPLC!

coyote_sprit
08-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Hmm, I never shop at WalMart.

I shop there when I know if I get it anywhere else it will have the same quality at a higher price.

Dr.3D
08-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Really???? I didn't think they could do that - I don't think any Internet vendors are set up to do that.

Let me guess: CA, MA, CT, IL, NJ or NY? (The usual suspects...)

-t
I am supposed to keep track of what I spend when i buy stuff over the internet and then pay my state the sales tax from that total when I file my taxes.

jmdrake
08-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Here's Obama's spokesman Robert Reich...
YouTube - Obamas economic advisor no "White Male Construction Workers" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5KI61z5Dyo&feature=related)

Everytime I think a stupid politician can't surprise me.....

White male construction workers? I thought construction was one of those jobs that "Americans just won't do". :rolleyes:

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2009, 04:41 PM
"ColorOfChange.org exists to strengthen White America's political voice. Our goal is to empower our members—White Americans and our allies—to make government more responsive to the concerns of White Americans and to bring about positive political and social change for everyone.

WHAT WE DO

Using the Internet, we will enable our members to speak in unison, with an amplified political voice. We will keep them informed about the most pressing issues for White people in America and give them ways to act. We will lobby elected representatives using email, the telephone, and face-to-face meetings. We'll bring attention to the needs and concerns of White folks by holding coordinated events in different parts of the country, running TV and print advertisements, and demanding that the news media cover our issues. We will also work with other groups—online efforts and other organizations that are doing related work—to magnify our impact."

Post that on Daily KOS and I bet a TON of clueless liberals slam you! LOL!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2009, 04:42 PM
I shop there when I know if I get it anywhere else it will have the same quality at a higher price.

You don't get the same quality from WalMart - they make deals so the companies make identical looking products with inferior materials and workmanship.

-t

coyote_sprit
08-18-2009, 04:43 PM
You don't get the same quality from WalMart - they make deals so the companies make identical looking products with inferior materials and workmanship.

-t

Maybe they didn't have the same quality 10 years ago but they sure do now.

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I am supposed to keep track of what I spend when i buy stuff over the internet and then pay my state the sales tax from that total when I file my taxes.

Now where did I put those napkins I jotted that down on... oh yeah, I ran out of TP a while back and.... :)

-t

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Maybe they didn't have the same quality 10 years ago but they sure do now.

don't think so. compare the same product there and somewhere else.

do some research on their business practices.

-t

coyote_sprit
08-18-2009, 04:49 PM
don't think so. compare the same product there and somewhere else.

do some research on their business practices.

-t

I specifically pointed out that if they have the same quality. That implies that no matter what they have the same quality not similar quality or similar material. The point I'm making is most of their competitor's shit comes from China too so it makes no difference how much I pay for the retailer's premium.

Flash
08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Wow, the Liberal-Left is really starting to scare me. Just go to Digg or Reddit, theres about 10 popular Glenn Beck boycott threads. And most of the4 comments are wishing death to Glenn Beck & saying how the constitution doesn't garuntee hate speech, etc...

These are the same people that will be willing to put us in concentration camps if Obama told them to, seriously.

coyote_sprit
08-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow, the Liberal-Left is really starting to scare me. Just go to Digg or Reddit, theres about 10 popular Glenn Beck boycott threads. And most of the4 comments are wishing death to Glenn Beck & saying how the constitution doesn't garuntee hate speech, etc...

These are the same people that will be willing to put us in concentration camps if Obama told them to, seriously.

They don't have guns and the military doesn't have even close to as much guns as the citizens.

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2009, 04:57 PM
I specifically pointed out that if they have the same quality. That implies that no matter what they have the same quality not similar quality or similar material. The point I'm making is most of their competitor's shit comes from China too so it makes no difference how much I pay for the retailer's premium.

Hmmm... interesting point. I was thinking of companies WalMart hadn't driven overseas - but I guess there aren't that many of them any more.

-t

speciallyblend
08-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Glenn beck needs to be dropped on his head, oo yeah never mind that already happened! Glenn beck is a 100% joke! Glenn beck is part of the same old guard problem! trying to use Glenn beck to spread our message is like asking the devil to do us favors!! 0% trust

the GOP is truly becoming the new scarlet letter R!! beck says he is a libertarian, personally beck is full of SH*%!

Dr.3D
08-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Now where did I put those napkins I jotted that down on... oh yeah, I ran out of TP a while back and.... :)

-t
Well, they might be able to get hold of the credit card info and see what was bought that way too.

Flash
08-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Glenn beck needs to be dropped on his head, oo yeah never mind that already happened! Glenn beck is a 100% joke! Glenn beck is part of the same old guard problem! trying to use Glenn beck to spread our message is like asking the devil to do us favors!! 0% trust

the GOP is truly becoming the new scarlet letter R!! beck says he is a libertarian, personally beck is full of SH*%!

When the Judge or someone else is taken off the air due to these Communist Left-wing radicals, then don't complain.

Personally, I'm sick of Imus & everyone being boycotted by these radical Black groups.

speciallyblend
08-18-2009, 05:10 PM

no worse then the radical right, i think both sides are crazy

Flash
08-18-2009, 05:14 PM
no worse then the radical right, i think both sides are crazy

Glenn Beck gave Rand Paul & Peter Schiff airtime. A lot of you on this forum don't seem to like the idea of defending people from being fired who help our candidates get into office.

youngbuck
08-18-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll avoid buying anything from any of those places that, evidently, aren't fans of the 1st amendment.

Flash
08-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Like I said though, I doubt they'll drop Glenn Beck & I bet the boycott will be old news in less than a week. Right now Fox hasn't lost any revenue, and the sponsors simply shifted their ads to O'Reilly & Hannity's show.

However, just in case, make sure to complain to the companies who are participating in this boycott.

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Well, they might be able to get hold of the credit card info and see what was bought that way too.

Unlikely. My state is desperate for tax revenues so is going after the companies that sell cigs over the internet, but they have to go after each company through the court system, individually.

I don't think any CC company is going to hand over records for that.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Did news of the boycott ever make it to the 912 project?

-t

coyote_sprit
08-18-2009, 05:43 PM
I'll avoid buying anything from any of those places that, evidently, aren't fans of the 1st amendment.

Not that I agree with them but dropping advertisements from a program that you don't agree with is hardly hurting the first amendment. It's the company's money(even if most of it did come from inflation) and so they have every right to do what they want with it but you also have every right to boycott them for it.

speciallyblend
08-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Glenn Beck gave Rand Paul & Peter Schiff airtime. A lot of you on this forum don't seem to like the idea of defending people from being fired who help our candidates get into office.

beck is an ass.i do not care if he has god on. he is still an ass!!

beck is just a talkiing head tool!! and full of crap like the left!

well if obama is a racist. then that makes glenn beck (kkk) glenn beck deserves to be boycotted! the gop and republicans deserve obama!

ClayTrainor
08-18-2009, 05:53 PM
beck says he is a libertarian, personally beck is full of SH*%!

I do too, but he's still a tool to use to our advantage.

His audience is easy to convert into our movement, for the most part. :)

speciallyblend
08-18-2009, 06:14 PM
I do too, but he's still a tool to use to our advantage.

His audience is easy to convert into our movement, for the most part. :)

i agree, but i am glad i do not watch his show and i encourage folks to boycott beck, maybe it will make beck think about what he says! beck was flat out dumb for saying what he did on fox news oops i meant entertainment!!

kahless
08-18-2009, 06:33 PM
i agree, but i am glad i do not watch his show and i encourage folks to boycott beck, maybe it will make beck think about what he says! beck was flat out dumb for saying what he did on fox news oops i meant entertainment!!

Obama and his wife propose policy that discriminates against poor whites in favor of blacks and hispanics. How is that not racist? I have listened closely to him and his wife during the campaign. There were a few speeches that if you did not know who they were and were told that they were white (speaking to a white audience) you would think you were listening to a KKK rally. Despite whatever comments he made about Ron Paul in the past practically no one other than Beck is speaking out on liberty issues.

This is setting a dangerous precedent that advertisers are so willing to bow to founders of an organization that have ties to moveon.org and are openly militant communist. It is defeatist when we have people in our own movement that wish to shut out whatever help we can get from those that have power over the masses that we need to support us.

jmdrake
08-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Obama and his wife propose policy that discriminates against poor whites in favor of blacks and hispanics. How is that not racist? I have listened closely to him and his wife during the campaign. There were a few speeches that if you did not know who they were and were told that they were white (speaking to a white audience) you would think you were listening to a KKK rally. Despite whatever comments he made about Ron Paul in the past practically no one other than Beck is speaking out on liberty issues.

Last time I heard Lou Dobbs was still speaking out on liberty issues. And he didn't carry the Bush water like Beck did. But continue.

This is setting a dangerous precedent that advertisers are so willing to bow to founders of an organization that have ties to moveon.org and are openly militant communist. It is defeatist when we have people in our own movement that wish to shut out whatever help we can get from those that have power over the masses that we need to support us.

Yes I agree. I'm more concerned about defeating the Whole Foods boycott. The Obama brownshirts have organized a boycott against them just because their CEO said Obamacare could increase inflation, taxes and/or the deficit and he spelled out his on (Ron Paul like) plan. But I don't like any opposition being silenced. Very un American.

LibertyEagle
08-18-2009, 06:50 PM
How much do you figure it would cost us in airtime to get people like Napolitano on MSM during prime time? It's Beck who is doing that. No, he's not perfect. Far from it. But, he IS waking up people and making them open to what we have to say.

Right now, he is priceless to what we are trying to do.

Flash
08-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Last time I heard Lou Dobbs was still speaking out on liberty issues. And he didn't carry the Bush water like Beck did. But continue.

I've been sending e-mails to Lou Dobbs for months to have Rand Paul on. But so far only Glenn Beck was willing to give him any airtime.

tangent4ronpaul
08-18-2009, 07:43 PM
How much do you figure it would cost us in airtime to get people like Napolitano on MSM during prime time? It's Beck who is doing that. No, he's not perfect. Far from it. But, he IS waking up people and making them open to what we have to say.

He's had audiences of over 2.5 Million! and he is preaching our message often! - What's not to like?

-t

Dr.3D
08-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I agree.

BlackTerrel
08-18-2009, 09:14 PM
That's a picture of a bunch of New Black Panther Party thugs stationed outside of a polling place in Philly back in November. They had bats and lead pipes and were shouting things like "This is a black nation now!"

A civil rights investigation was initiated but it was dropped by Eric Holder's DOJ.

I'm likening the people calling for advertisers to drop their ads from GB to those thugs.

I don't follow... Do the Black Panthers have a voice on FNC?

Feenix566
08-19-2009, 11:22 AM

It may have been dumb. But when you consider the sheer volume of things Beck says, it's almost impossible for every single word out of his mouth to be uncontraversial. I don't think any one of us could talk on the radio for three hours a day, and talk on television for an hour a day, and avoid pissing off a good portion of the population.