PDA

View Full Version : Why is the debate thread locked?

jj111
09-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Why is the debate thread locked?

DjLoTi
09-27-2007, 08:00 PM
They want people to go to the chat room..

Bryan
09-27-2007, 08:00 PM
I know it's sorry but it's to avert a forum crash with everyone accessing the same thread. That's when we crash.

Best to have a few new ones or join the chat-- 105 people in there now...

We're working on crash fixes... :(

Erazmus
09-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Nice cheers for Ron on the Healthcare question!

rpfreedom08
09-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Nice cheers for Ron on the Healthcare question!

absolutley! He is the man!

So where is this chat room? Also is brownback or whoever he is going to be vice president or something? He is sounding alot like Ron Paul.

Richandler
09-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Chat room doesn't work very well for me. At all.

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.

Bryan
09-27-2007, 08:09 PM

It just got up today- there's a few issues to work through. We can see later what is going on... Sorry. :(

rg123
09-27-2007, 08:11 PM
I cannot change my java screws up my business programs amongst others. Should have a chat without a java upgrade it totally is not needed

fletcher
09-27-2007, 08:15 PM

you can turn it off by clicking on the speaker.

Bryan
09-27-2007, 08:24 PM
I cannot change my java screws up my business programs amongst others. Should have a chat without a java upgrade it totally is not needed
I know it's a total pain but the only other options are IRC or flash. IRC can't be integrated into the forum so you need two logins, etc. This chat is going to be very integrated, easy to send PMs and go back and forth from chat to forum. It's pretty good.

tomahawk
09-27-2007, 08:35 PM
chat moves to quick for me

Bryan
09-27-2007, 08:37 PM
You have to undock the window so you can see it in full screen. Then it's OK, other wise it is crazy.

Undock is the third icon from the right, just left of the "?"

devil21
09-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I respect and appreciate the people who run this forum but there is no "crash fix". This forum needs to be upgraded in both hardware and bandwidth to avoid these crashes. And these crashes are at the WORST TIME POSSIBLE! I hate to come off badly but this is not a software problem. Many VBulletin sites routinely host more members at any given time than this site does. I understand that the site is stormed during things like debates but this software is designed to handle that load. Something has to be done to fix this and ASAP!

Can we donate to help with the needed upgrades?

JoshLowry
09-27-2007, 09:03 PM
We tried a few changes over the last two days and we will continue to work on the problem.

Asking for donations might be something we do here in the short term.

Perry
09-27-2007, 09:43 PM
I know it's sorry but it's to avert a forum crash with everyone accessing the same thread. That's when we crash.

Best to have a few new ones or join the chat-- 105 people in there now...

We're working on crash fixes... :(

That really is a pitiful fix. For crying out loud why don't you guys ask for some help? People are counting on this forum and it has floundered multiple times at the most crucial moments. It is really getting tiring you know?

Bryan
09-27-2007, 10:58 PM
I won't argue with you. All our best info was that we needed to get the SQL caching inline, changes were made but it still was not enough. There is more to do and we're really expanding the effort now- wish it was better for tonight (4 crashes). Fortunately the chat is on a different server and kept going.