PDA

View Full Version : Letter to the Editor - Opinions?

TheTyke
08-18-2009, 01:13 AM
About to send this letter to the editor. If anyone has any input, I'd be grateful. Did I push the Bunning connection too strongly? Was I too anti-party for a primary? argh

To the editor:

Nelson County loves liberty! Out of 120 counties in Kentucky, Dr. Ron Paul received his second highest percentage from the residents of Nelson County. Congressman Paul spent his entire time in office warning congress about the danger a central bank printing money and encouraging reckless loans poses to our economy. Yet as recently as 2008, the other candidates and party bosses mocked him and claimed the economy was just fine. The same politicians (of both parties) claimed to have the solutions for a crisis they never even saw (or admitted) was coming, and set our country on a disastrous path by rushing the TARP bailout through against the outrage of the American people. The institutions who received the money spent $114 million in lobbying and campaign donations in 2008, and received over $254 BILLION of your money in return. It was the greatest robbery in history. As the value of the dollar continues sinking, as more jobs and homes are lost, as people are forced to endure cruel taxation even in their misfortune - the time has come to say it: Ron Paul was right.

Nelson County Republicans should be proud of exercising good judgment and thinking independently of party leaders. To the countless Democrats, Constitutionalists, Libertarians and Independents who were unable cast their votes in support of Ron's philosophy of liberty, but told me they admired his honesty and integrity, I have great news: you'll get another chance!

Ron's son, Dr. Rand Paul of Bowling Green, is running in the state-wide US Senate race in Kentucky. His website is: www.randpaul2010.com. The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. I believe Rand will represent the people and defend the Constitution and the ENTIRE Bill of Rights with the same unshakable resolve as his father. This is a rare opportunity to elect someone who can't be bought. The restoration of our entire nation will begin in Kentucky!

The primary on May 18th 2010 is when each party selects by public voting who will be their official candidate in November. Recall that the leaders of BOTH major parties voted to give unfathomable amounts of your money to the already wealthy bankers in the 2008 TARP bailout. Whether you like him or not, Senator Bunning was cut down by several of his own party leaders for being the only Kentucky Senator to stand up against the heinous robbery of your wealth. The same special interests who brought down Bunning are attempting to hand-pick a compliant replacement and will stop at nothing to prevent someone they can't control - like a Rand Paul or Darlene Price - from making it through either party's primary. Now is the time we take a stand for liberty and common sense! Here's what you can do to help:

1.) Register "R" for Rand before December 31st so you can help him through the Republican primary. Those already Republican - it's time to take your party back! 2.) Tell your friends, family and co-workers! Volunteer to spread the word! 3.) Donate what you can. Rand will need funding just to reach voters with his message. Shouldn't the voters have a chance to decide who they agree with instead of the party bosses deciding for them?

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. My email address is <email address>. Let's take our country back!

(contact info)

skyorbit
08-18-2009, 02:11 AM
For an LTE it's a bit long.

Try to tighten it up a bit.

Good luck. LTE bombs from locals are very important to any campaign.

Tracy

Objectivist
08-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Think about who your audience is then word things accordingly. How many people in public understand "central bank"? How about "government owned bank"? Central bank could be on Central Street in small town America. Of course everyone here knows what it means.

dr. hfn
08-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Think about who your audience is then word things accordingly. How many people in public understand "central bank"? How about "government owned bank"? Central bank could be on Central Street in small town America. Of course everyone here knows what it means.

Don't dumb the message down too much. ;)

TheTyke
08-18-2009, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the advice! I trimmed it a little, but not too much (my Dad already had a painfully brief letter.) Off it goes!

Objectivist
08-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Don't dumb the message down too much. ;)

He's in Kentucky!:D

MelissaWV
08-18-2009, 03:19 PM
oof... I was totally going to offer suggestions but you already sent it lol

TheTyke
08-18-2009, 08:48 PM

Thanks anyhow! I'm always late doing stuff, I wanted this in the paper before the moneybomb but it's probably too late... so I rushed it! Ah well...

Epic
08-18-2009, 09:21 PM

it's not government owned.

FSP-Rebel
08-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Yeah me too.