PDA

View Full Version : Gallop Poll: Conservatives concentrated in the South

Matt Collins
08-17-2009, 08:18 PM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/122333/Political-Ideology-Conservative-Label-Prevails-South.aspx#2

FSP-Rebel
08-17-2009, 08:29 PM
NH is already experiencing a conservative renaissance.

StudentForPaul08
08-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Its seems to be more then the South...

t0rnado
08-17-2009, 08:47 PM
NO WAI. Most of them aren't conservatives though. They're just warmongering neocons who think they're conservative because they voted for John McCain and because DEY LUV DEYR CUNTRY.

Keith and stuff
08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure if this is good, bad or even new. But, I do like stats so thanks.

ord33
08-17-2009, 10:09 PM
NO WAI. Most of them aren't conservatives though. They're just warmongering neocons who think they're conservative because they voted for John McCain and because DEY LUV DEYR CUNTRY.

I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about. Locally, the party establishment is still controlled by neocons, but you go up and down the road and talk to an average joe and a good number of them feel pretty darn close to the same way we do and their principles are very close to Dr. Paul's.

I haven't ran into a single person in months here in East TN that openly expresses they are happy with Obama. I have ran into numerous people who are extremely pissed off at both the republicans and democrats and are actively following what is going on and are conservatives. And unfortunately, there are still tons that go along day by day without a clue of what is going on.

People definitely werent fond of McCain here in this part of the South - they liked him better than Obama though.

There's nothing wrong with "loving your country" I do - but I'm pissed at the people who are running it and the people who are so apathetic and dont realize what is going on.

t0rnado
08-18-2009, 05:07 AM
I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about. Locally, the party establishment is still controlled by neocons, but you go up and down the road and talk to an average joe and a good number of them feel pretty darn close to the same way we do and their principles are very close to Dr. Paul's.

I haven't ran into a single person in months here in East TN that openly expresses they are happy with Obama. I have ran into numerous people who are extremely pissed off at both the republicans and democrats and are actively following what is going on and are conservatives. And unfortunately, there are still tons that go along day by day without a clue of what is going on.

People definitely werent fond of McCain here in this part of the South - they liked him better than Obama though.

There's nothing wrong with "loving your country" I do - but I'm pissed at the people who are running it and the people who are so apathetic and dont realize what is going on.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2006/11/08/tennessee-voters-ok-amendment-banning-gay-marriage/

Using the government to ban someone from doing something, which does not harm anyone else, because Jesus says so isn't very conservative. I guess you've been talking to religious zealots, who are sad because they didn't get their way in the presidential election. Sure, they maybe conservatives by your definition, but they aren't by Barry Goldwater's or Ron Paul's.

There's a lot wrong with loving a piece of land with imaginary borders that you just happen to be within. There's no logical reason for loving one square mile south of the border of New York instead of one square mile north of it. You can love freedom, liberty, a culture, and the ideals which the founders held, which I'm sure is what you meant by 'country', but loving a country makes no sense at all. Fascists just replace the word 'government' with the word 'country' to give people a sense of unity, in my opinion.

Dr.3D
08-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Fascists just replace the word 'government' with the word 'country' to give people a sense of unity, in my opinion.
I too have noticed a lot of people who are confused as to the difference between the government and the country. I love my country, but I sure as heck don't trust the government.

Matt Collins
08-18-2009, 05:38 AM
Using the government to ban someone from doing something, which does not harm anyone else, because Jesus says so isn't very conservative. That is very true. And it makes people squirm when it is pointed out that anytime someone advocates bigger government, for whatever reason, it is by very definition not conservative. I point it out all the time here locally and it makes people really uncomfortable because the logic is impeccable.

One more time:

"if you advocate big-government, then you are not conservative".

yokna7
08-18-2009, 05:45 AM
This is true and only perpetuates the notion that southerners are "outdated", it's completely ridiculous. I expect to see more of a Libertarian revival than a growing "republicanism". That's what I call here in Alabama. Not conservatism, but republicanism.