PDA

View Full Version : ACORN : organizing on our dime: non-profit? I'm confused

Lord Xar
08-17-2009, 12:38 PM
So, I've been reading that Acorn has a boatload of satellite connections/pacs/biz fronts etc... and that Acorn was the recipient of BILLIONS from the stimulus bill (and are lined up for hefty payouts with the healthcare bill).. etc..

My question is:

Isn't it illegal for Acorn to organize and support specific idealogies on taxpayers dime?

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 12:40 PM
One would think so.

acptulsa
08-17-2009, 12:43 PM
What jurisdiction is their headquarters in? Do they own the D.A. there?

angelatc
08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
So, I've been reading that Acorn has a boatload of satellite connections/pacs/biz fronts etc... and that Acorn was the recipient of BILLIONS from the stimulus bill (and are lined up for hefty payouts with the healthcare bill).. etc..

My question is:

Isn't it illegal for Acorn to organize and support specific idealogies on taxpayers dime?

Yes.

http://michellemalkin.com/page/2/?s=ACORN

max
08-17-2009, 01:06 PM
My question is:

It's legal because ACORN does not promote political positions. They are just civic minded citizens with a love for their country and a concern for the poor. :rolleyes:

Seriously though...where the f are the Republicans on this issue? ACORN's power is growing by the day and it's only a matter of time before these communist gangs get armed under Obama's "volunteer civil defense" program.

I'm even disappointed with Ron Paul on this. No one is speaking out against this dangerous gang of Marxist thugs.