PDA

View Full Version : Carrying cash - illegal

Elwar
08-17-2009, 10:32 AM
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1242-Science-News-Examiner~y2009m8d17-Up-to-90-percent-of-US-paper-money-has-traces-of-cocaine

Up to 90% of US paper money has traces of cocaine.

Title 21, Chapter 13, Subchapter 1, Part D, Section 844.

"It shall be unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally to
possess a controlled substance unless such substance was obtained
directly, or pursuant to a valid prescription or order, from a
practitioner, while acting in the course of his professional
practice, or except as otherwise authorized by this subchapter or
subchapter II of this chapter. "

Carry cash? Go to jail.

Cowlesy
08-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah its pretty disgusting when you find blood on your money because it was probably shoved up someone's shredded nose.

muh_roads
08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
How much physical cash is out there versus digital 0's? Doesn't paper cash make up 3-4% of our total money supply?

InterestedParticipant
08-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I was wondering how long before they overtly attack cash.

They want to be able to trace every financial transaction, and ultimately control all of your spending through digital cash technologies. This is just another push in that direction, this time using the illegal drug trade, which they also run and control. How ironic.

Kotin
08-17-2009, 11:43 AM
How much physical cash is out there versus digital 0's? Doesn't paper cash make up 3-4% of our total money supply?

that figure is accurate, yes.

coyote_sprit
08-17-2009, 11:46 AM
The way I see it is that that little bit of cocaine is worth more then the money itself. :P

InterestedParticipant
08-17-2009, 11:51 AM
The way I see it is that that little bit of cocaine is worth more then the money itself. :P
This is not about illegal drugs, this about our freedom to enter into financial arrangements outside the control of government. The drug issue is just a strawman.

roho76
08-17-2009, 11:54 AM
That's why I launder my money.

roho76
08-17-2009, 11:57 AM
This is not about illegal drugs, this about our freedom to enter into financial arrangements outside the control of government. The drug issue is just a strawman.

Quite honestly I don't think that was her point. I smell sarcasm. Which smells differnt than money and cocaine.

Elwar
08-17-2009, 12:27 PM
I just like to use it as an example of "well, if you're not doing anything wrong then what do you have to worry about?"...the people that think that they're a saint and never break the law. Well, there's one for ya...still like the police state?

Matt Collins
08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Think of strippers. Then think of dollars. Then think of the two together. Does it make you want to wash your hands after handling money? It does me!

KCIndy
08-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Think of strippers. Then think of dollars. Then think of the two together. Does it make you want to wash your hands after handling money? It does me!

Makes me want to round up my old college buddies and head out for a night at the strip clubs!!! ;)

Okay, just kiddin'....

Well, sort of... :)

Matt Collins
08-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Makes me want to round up my old college buddies and head out for a night at the strip clubs!!! ;)

Okay, just kiddin'....

Well, sort of... :)
I never understood why guys like to go to places like that? :rolleyes:

The girls use the guys moreso than the guys use the girls. It's actually kind of sad that the guys in there are getting played but don't realize it. It's the height of demaning sexism on both sides.

KCIndy
08-19-2009, 12:05 PM

The girls use the guys moreso than the guys use the girls. It's actually kind of sad that the guys in there are getting played but don't realize it. It's the height of demaning sexism on both sides.

Agreed!! It's demeaning and horrible and sexist! It's vile and lurid.... and no one ever invited you along to go out for a night on the town, did they? :p ;):p

SORRY - THAT WAS MEAN AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID IT.... I'M SO ASHAMED.

speciallyblend
08-19-2009, 04:14 PM

well that depends. i take my wife to the club with me:)

if you go to a strip club with a woman, you get even more attention:) i guess i am lucky my wife doesn't mind scantly clad women dancing around me:) phew:)

of course when we get home, my wife is in good trouble:)

Objectivist
08-19-2009, 04:17 PM
There are cases in the south where they used this statute to confiscate cash, even with no drugs present. There are also laws that only allow up to $9999.99 dollars to be in your possession.