PDA

View Full Version : JohnsonForAmerica.com website up

AbolishTheGovt
08-17-2009, 01:41 AM
A slick, comprehensive (unofficial) website with info on Gary Johnson, and promoting a Johnson 2012 run just went online:

http://www.JohnsonForAmerica.com/ (http://www.JohnsonForAmerica.com/)

Pass it around!

Epic
08-17-2009, 01:59 AM
This is awesome - I hope that he runs only if ron paul doens't run, though.

I wouldn't want RP to pass it up just cause Gary was "in the race first." So I hope Gary decides after Ron Paul decides whether to run or not.

By the way, regardless of whether privatizing prisons is a good thing or not, it shouldn't be listed under accomplishments, because most people are opposed to that.

AbolishTheGovt
08-17-2009, 02:01 AM
This is awesome - I hope that he runs only if ron paul doens't run, though.

I wouldn't want RP to pass it up just cause Gary was "in the race first." So I hope Gary decides after Ron Paul decides whether to run or not.

By the way, regardless of whether privatizing prisons is a good thing or not, it shouldn't be listed under accomplishments, because most people are opposed to that.

True, but it is an accomplishment for the sort of people that Gary will need to get on board with his campaign in 2012 (i.e. liberty oriented Republicans).

literatim
08-17-2009, 02:03 AM
The problem is that he is pro-abortion. This one issue could sink him.

Epic
08-17-2009, 02:03 AM
True, but it is an accomplishment for the sort of people that Gary will need to get on board with his campaign in 2012 (i.e. liberty oriented Republicans).

Possibly. Some are concerned about the effects of companies lobbying for changing laws so that there are more prisoners.

By the way, "privatization" (in regards to prisons) is really a bastardization of terms, because a real privatization is when the company receives money from individuals not the government.

AbolishTheGovt
08-17-2009, 02:04 AM

From JohnsonForAmerica.com:

While Gary himself is personally pro-choice, he understands the proper role of government, and would return the abortion issue back to the 50 states to decide, as the US Constitution mandates. As Governor of New Mexico, he received the endorsement of the Right To Life Committee for his work in reducing abortions through parental consent, informed consent, banning partial-birth abortion, and ending Medicaid funding for abortions. As Governor, he supported every piece of legislation offered by the Right To Life Committee.

literatim
08-17-2009, 02:07 AM
From JohnsonForAmerica.com:

While Gary himself is personally pro-choice, he understands the proper role of government, and would return the abortion issue back to the 50 states to decide, as the US Constitution mandates. As Governor of New Mexico, he received the endorsement of the Right To Life Committee for his work in reducing abortions through parental consent, informed consent, banning partial-birth abortion, and ending Medicaid funding for abortions. As Governor, he supported every piece of legislation offered by the Right To Life Committee.

Won't matter. It will be a failed test in the eyes of many.

AbolishTheGovt
08-17-2009, 02:10 AM

Perhaps, but it would be a little silly for pro-lifers to oppose Johnson, even though he supports overturning Roe v Wade, simply because he's not personally pro-life.

That would be like people who are anti-drug prohibition not supporting Ron Paul, even though Ron Paul supports ending the drug prohibition, simply because Ron Paul doesn't personally support drug use.

AbolishTheGovt
08-17-2009, 02:12 AM

Also, don't forget, that if Rudy hadn't gone with that stupid "have to win Florida" strategy, he probably would have come out the nominee. He was the frontrunner right up until the fall before the primaries. And as far as I know, Rudy didn't even support overturning Roe v Wade.

literatim
08-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Perhaps, but it would be a little silly for pro-lifers to oppose Johnson, even though he supports overturning Roe v Wade, simply because he's not personally pro-life.

That would be like people who are anti-drug prohibition not supporting Ron Paul, even though Ron Paul supports ending the drug prohibition, simply because Ron Paul doesn't personally support drug use.

It is a test in morality. People who are pro-life see abortion as murder so it is as if he personally supports murder.

Also, don't forget, that if Rudy hadn't gone with that stupid "have to win Florida" strategy, he probably would have come out the nominee. He was the frontrunner right up until the fall before the primaries. And as far as I know, Rudy didn't even support overturning Roe v Wade.

Rudy support dropped rapidly with the debates. Most people didn't know who he was outside of the mayor of New York during 9/11.

emazur
08-17-2009, 02:48 AM
Someone needs to come up with the graphics for a "Big Johnson" campaign T-Shirt-

JohnsonForAmerica:
"Lady Liberty will be screaming for joy with a Big Johnson at the helm"
or
"Lady Liberty will be screaming for joy with a Big Johnson pushing the buttons"

AbolishTheGovt
08-17-2009, 02:52 AM
Rudy support dropped rapidly with the debates. Most people didn't know who he was outside of the mayor of New York during 9/11.

Look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_Republican_Part y_2008_presidential_candidates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_Republican_Part y_2008_presidential_candidates)

Rudy consistently led the pack in Republican primary opinion polling with around 20-30% of the vote for pretty much the entire election campaign, even long after the debates had started. It wasn't until Rudy decided to ditch Iowa and Mike Huckabee caught fire there that Mike Huckabee rose to about tie Rudy in the polls, with Rudy falling into the lower 20%s. Then, it wasn't until the last few weeks before the primaries and caucuses began that Rudy bombed, which pundits almost unanimously agree was due to his decision to practically abandon Iowa and New Hampshire and build up Florida to be this huge must-win.

jmlfod87
08-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Yea, Rudy was polling 20-30% nationally. Everyone knew who he was because all the netowrks reported on him. His idiotic campaign was what really ruined him. He knew he couldn't win Iowa because it was too religious, and for some reason he bailed on NH aswell. His "Florida Plan" destroyed his campaign.

itshappening
08-17-2009, 04:48 AM
that's a good answer for his pro-choice positon but we know it's an issue for a lot of R's so not sure how it would work out

he would have to get over it some how it shouldn't dismiss him though as he is still a pretty good liberty candidate.

also RP is 100% pro life and couldnt do anything in iowa so why should we worry too much?

haaaylee
08-17-2009, 05:31 AM
is this site set up by him, or is it one of those sites made to encourage him to run?

AbolishTheGovt
08-17-2009, 05:35 AM
is this site set up by him, or is it one of those sites made to encourage him to run?

The latter.

itshappening
08-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Johnson should run on his record as Governor which he is proud of.

Romney did that in the campaign and although he didnt get the nomination he did very well. Primary voters seem to love hearing accomplishments and achievements and I think Johnson has those from New Mexico i.e we did xyz. he has a long record and can run a campaign around this and use his record in the debates

AbolishTheGovt
08-17-2009, 05:56 AM
Johnson should run on his record as Governor which he is proud of.

Romney did that in the campaign and although he didnt get the nomination he did very well. Primary voters seem to love hearing accomplishments and achievements and I think Johnson has those from New Mexico i.e we did xyz. he has a long record and can run a campaign around this and use his record in the debates

+1

TonySutton
08-17-2009, 06:12 AM
I am not sure Roe v Wade will be an issue. Johnson won twice in NM. Here is the religious break down on New Mexico.

* Roman Catholic – 26%
* Evangelical Christian denominations – 25%
* Unaffiliated – 21%
* Mainline Protestant – 15%
* Other affiliations – 12%
* No answer – 1%

Hard to believe all these Roman Catholics and Evangelicals would vote for him if it were an issue.

Both of his victories were large margin victories!

Elwar
08-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Can't wait to see the site, it appears to be down right now.

I'll include it on the links page at http://www.garyjohnson2012.com :)

Krugerrand
08-17-2009, 09:02 AM

Did that help him or hurt him? :)

Elwar
08-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Great site, one thing I noticed was it mentioned that he abstains from all drugs including caffeine and sugar.

From the wikipedia page it says he abstains from "some sugar products".

I assume, as I've done this myself, that he most likely abstains from the fake sugar and perhaps corn syrup (which actually makes you crave more sweets). It's really hard to avoid corn syrup, you'd be surprised at how many products out there use it.

Great site, very professional looking.

tajitj
08-17-2009, 10:47 AM

He is pro choice not pro abortion. He voted against anything that would fund them just like Ron Paul.

But very nice site. We needed something like that. Hit me up if I can be any help.

AbolishTheGovt
08-17-2009, 02:39 PM
He is pro choice not pro abortion.

That's a good distinction that a lot of people don't seem to make. Saying that someone who believes that abortion ought to be a choice that a woman is free to make is necessarily "pro-abortion" makes about as much sense as saying that someone who believes that making bad financial investments ought to be a choice that an entrepreneur is free to make is necessarily "pro-bad financial investments."

Flash
08-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Since I saw Gary Johnson at the Rally for the Republic I became a major fan of him ever since. Nice website!

LittleLightShining
08-17-2009, 02:44 PM
I love Gary Johnson!

Cowlesy
08-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Server Busy

AbolishTheGovt
08-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Server Busy

?

Shouldn't be. The site's using less than 0.01% of its available bandwidth...

TonySutton
08-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Has anyone ever done a cost analysis on the war on drugs? How much is it costing us in courts, prisons, law enforcement, etc.

AbolishTheGovt
08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Has anyone ever done a cost analysis on the war on drugs? How much is it costing us in courts, prisons, law enforcement, etc.

Not sure, but the true costs can never be known, because we'll never see what other goods and services we gave up in order to fund the drug war.

raystone
08-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Johnson gives one of the best arguments of anyone for drug legalization....

YouTube - Gov. Gary Johnson 1 at TMFF (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmwvcUaVILg)