PDA

View Full Version : Obama's anti-white agenda: Black/latino-only housing to be built in white towns!

Epic
08-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Race-mixing, at the point of a gun. What could go wrong?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/11/nyregion/11settle.html

amy31416
08-16-2009, 10:29 PM
How can you have "black/latino only" housing and pretend that it's legal?

I'm calling bullshit on this story.

evilfunnystuff
08-16-2009, 10:33 PM

didnt read through yet but seemingly the nytimes is reporting it as well

Epic
08-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah it's almost too much to believe.

Here's the NY Times on it:

Epic
08-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Worst of all, the people in the "white" towns are gonna have to pay for the housing to be built for the new entrants.

"The agreement calls for the county to spend more than $50 million of its own money, in addition to other funds, to build or acquire 750 homes or apartments, 630 of which must be provided in towns and villages where black residents constitute 3 percent or less of the population and Hispanic residents make up less than 7 percent. The 120 other spaces must meet different criteria for cost and ethnic concentration."

JeNNiF00F00
08-16-2009, 10:38 PM
w/ the advertisement to the right selling white pride tshirts lol

amy31416
08-16-2009, 10:40 PM
didnt read through yet but seemingly the nytimes is reporting it as well

GTFOH!

What? This is going to be a huge and polarizing story, if true.

evilfunnystuff
08-16-2009, 10:46 PM
GTFOH!

What? This is going to be a huge and polarizing story, if true.

I think thats the plan

Epic
08-16-2009, 10:47 PM
"CofCC.org’s coverage of Obama’s iron fist slamming down on Westchester County has generated record volume of e-mails to this website from outraged readers. Many people can hardly believe it. A 64% white county stands in Federal court accused of violating the civil rights of minorities, because too few blacks and Latinos voluntarily moved into small majority white towns and villages in the county. Many of which are heavily Italian and Jewish enclaves.

The entire premise of the case is that because too few blacks and Latinos, acting on their own free will to acquiring houses wherever they wanted, decided to buy homes in tiny Italian and Jewish dominated municipalities. Some great, evil unseen force was at work to prevent these minorities from moving in. We researched this case. The actual way in which the lefties are claiming discrimination happened is because these mostly Italians and Jews maintained their properties too well. By keeping the small towns and villages too nice and limiting sprawl, they kept property values high in these small towns and villages. Because property values were high, blacks and Latinos tended to purchase houses in other parts of the county. For this, the county is to be made to suffer the consequences.

Obama’s deputy HUD director and Obama’s justice department want the county to spend $62.5 Million of their own money to build 750 new houses in these small enclaves. The new houses are to be of lesser value than the existing houses. This way the homes will be cheaper as well as pull down the existing values in the neighborhoods where they are placed. The county must then “aggressively market” these new houses exclusively to blacks and Latinos.

Authorities say over two dozen “towns and villages” will be eligible for these “moderately priced” homes. A few have been identified.

Bronxville: A quaint village of 6,500 where 2 out of every 3 residences contains a married couple. This town is home to a Lutheran College run by the Conservative Missouri Synod. Bronxville has committed the atrocious crime of being about 90% white. Talk about racists! These people must be doing something very evil to keep blacks from moving in!

Hastings On Hudson: This village of 7,600 is also a designated recipient of the Federal Government’s iron heel. This village is only about 88% white. Below the 90% mark. However, 4% is Asian which is not a factor in the guidelines. Any town or village with less than 3% Negros and less than 7% Latinos is to be targeted. This racist hatefest of a village needs Obama’s glorious social engineering.

Scarsdale: This village of 18,000 is nearly 13% Asian. However it is only 4% Negro and Latino. What racists these people are! Obama to the rescue!

We see the heavy hand (some would say iron fist) of the Obama administration assuming new powers at breakneck speed. Some would suggest that America is rapidly moving into an entirely different category of government. That of Authoritarianism or Authoritarian Democracy. Essentially meaning “Totalitarian Light” regime with the veneer or freedom and Democracy."

http://cofcc.org/?p=6230

thasre
08-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Ugh I've gotta get out of this country...

better yet, Obama does.

Pauls' Revere
08-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Holy Cow...

Is this verified?

HOLLYWOOD
08-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Just look at the stats:

93% of blacks voted for Obama
67% of Hispanics voted for Obama

those landslide numbers need to be rewarded at the country's expense... but let's look at the country for a second...

A study reveals that Whites make up 48 percent of the poor in the nation, followed by Blacks, 22 percent, and Hispanics, 22 percent...

OK, there is a higher % of whites on welfare..BUT...strain your brain for this one...do you think that blacks make up 22% of the population? or that whites make up only 48% of it?

Take a math refresher course if you can't see this whole picture and who is getting screwed.

Obama the Oracle creator of the New Servitude!

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 12:04 AM
So does this mean Obama is a racist? :eek:

Epic
08-17-2009, 12:12 AM

I don't know, but I do know that public housing (and rent control?) in upscale neighborhoods is kind of like nuking the area.

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 12:24 AM
I've seen what happens to public housing. It's all nice when the people first move in, then first the grass disappears, then the screen doors and the screens on the windows, then later the entire place begins to fall apart.

I believe it is necessary to teach people how to take care of a house before they are allowed to have one. It appears the people who move into those places think a house is like a car and when it is used up, you need to buy another one.

Epic
08-17-2009, 01:03 AM
I've seen what happens to public housing. It's all nice when the people first move in, then first the grass disappears, then the screen doors and the screens on the windows, then later the entire place begins to fall apart.

I believe it is necessary to teach people how to take care of a house before they are allowed to have one. It appears the people who move into those places think a house is like a car and when it is used up, you need to buy another one.

Yeah basically there is no private property, so there is no incentive for the people to take care of it.

literatim
08-17-2009, 01:23 AM

Didn't you get the memo? Racist means bad white person.

A Conversation About Race (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1084394769627714346&ei=0wiJSoK-J5DArAKww6WGDg&q=conversation+about+race).

canadian4ronpaul
08-17-2009, 03:10 AM
if atlas aint shrugging yet, he sure as hell should be.

this is so utterly absurd and asinine that its hard to believe it is true. it really does seem like something out of ayn rand's book.

NYgs23
08-17-2009, 03:41 AM
I live in Yonkers, Westchester County. Our city is most famous for the busing debacle, in which the Feds forced the Yonkers school district to "desegregate" the schools through busing. Supposedly they were gerrymandered so that blacks living relatively close to a culturally "white" school might be assigned to a school farther away. Of course, assuming this was the case, they could have simply redrawn the lines so that they more accurately assigned kids to schools in their own neighborhoods. Unsurprisingly, of course, they decided to go in the exact opposite direction, instituting a vast busing program deliberately to mix everybody up. So now most kids, such as myself, had the joy of being bused back and forth across town every day when we could have gone to school nearby.

It didn't really work of course. Somehow the impoverished black and Hispanic kids didn't learn any better from sitting next to whites. Then they instituted the "magnate" program, assigning certain programs to certain schools. Yonkers High, for example, became the high school primarily for the "gifted and talented," those who could pass certain tests.

The result? We now have busing and segregation. The well-educated kids with driven parents, usually from middle-class white families, are usually bused to Yonkers High and Saunders, while lower-class minority kids end up in what I will charitably call the less well-funded schools. Apparently, you can't legislate multiculturalism into being.

So now, I guess, they're trying the same thing with housing in the upper-class areas to the north. The result will be the same white flight that passed through Harlem, the Bronx, south Yonkers, Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle...The poor minorities will still be poor minorities in newly constructed government-run ghettos and the rich whites will find greener pastures. You can't legislate multiculturalism into being.

Bman
08-17-2009, 03:51 AM
So now, I guess, they're trying the same thing with housing in the upper-class areas to the north. The result will be the same white flight that passed through Harlem, the Bronx, south Yonkers, Mt. Vernon, New Rochelle...The poor minorities will still be poor minorities in newly constructed government-run ghettos and the rich whites will find greener pastures. You can't legislate multiculturalism into being.

That's how it typically works.

ItsTime
08-17-2009, 04:01 AM
What happens if blacks and latinos do not want to move there after they homes and apartments are built?

Epic
08-17-2009, 04:10 AM
What happens if blacks and latinos do not want to move there after they homes and apartments are built?

Price will probably be lowered and lowered until they bite.

moostraks
08-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Reverse racism is only going to cause more strife and anger. It further divides people and gives one group a sense of entitlement rather than responsibility. This seems to be the agenda for this administration:to drive as large a wedge in between as many diverse groups as possible.

I agree with previous poster, the wealthy ones will flee to greener pastures so basically you will get the land turned over to the others by default. It was a chess move to accomplish this result. Those that are left, due to economic reasons or their own resolve, will be left to fight the attitudes of those told they are entitled because they were 'persecuted' and it won't be pretty.

Saddest of all: "Ron Sims, the deputy secretary of housing and urban development, which helped broker the settlement along with the Justice Department. 'Until now, we tended to lay dormant. This is historic, because we are going to hold people’s feet to the fire.'"

so look for this to become a new policy to be embraced nationwide...

tangent4ronpaul
08-17-2009, 06:57 AM
How can you have "black/latino only" housing and pretend that it's legal?

Read toward the end of the Health Care Bill. *FREE* medical school for minorities. White males need not apply (well, maybe if you're gay or transsexual). Oh, and they are reducing entrance requirements for them too. MSAT, etc.

-t

rprprs
08-17-2009, 07:04 AM
If the article in the NY TIMES isn't enough to make your blood boil, try reading through some of the comments.

Case in point:

The judge has done a great service for low income people and put the lucky and I mean mostly well off lucky in their place. This country is no longer a one person per square mile deal. Folks must take care of one another. This means the wealthy must pay more. Currently the wealthy live off the sweat of the poor and live in isolated gated communities. It is time to turn the clock back and put the wealthy next door to their working poor. Perhaps then they will have a better idea of the injustices they have perpetraited against these folks.

Also, it should be stated for the record that when one looks carefully at this issue across the country that one sees many school systems have been circumventing the segregation laws by simply NOT buying, using or offering school bus services for their schools. Hence, the rich neighborhood schools are only open to the rich because the poor can't get there!

It is time to assign much higher responsibilities of care, support and compassion to the rich for the benefit of poor folks!

Robert
Washington, DC

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
08-17-2009, 07:11 AM
“This is consistent with the president’s desire to see a fully integrated society,” said Ron Sims, the deputy secretary of housing and urban development, which helped broker the settlement along with the Justice Department. “Until now, we tended to lay dormant. This is historic, because we are going to hold people’s feet to the fire.”

Wow. Just telling everyone how it is, too.

Kylie
08-17-2009, 07:43 AM
HOW IN THE HELL IS THIS LEGAL??

The state needs to tell HUD to fuck off.

erowe1
08-17-2009, 08:08 AM
What I want to know is how they determine who qualifies as "black" or "latino." Do they base it on how dark someone's skin is? Or maybe what language or dialect of English they speak? Or merely how they choose to identify themselves? And if the latter, then what's to stop anyone who formerly identified themselves as white (or Asian, American Indian, etc.) from deciding to start identifying themselves as black in order to get the housing?

TonySutton
08-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Deep down in the article we find the key which gives the federal govt the leverage and legal authority to destroy this community, they accepted federal housing funds.

Cowlesy
08-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Deep down in the article we find the key which gives the federal govt the leverage and legal authority to destroy this community, they accepted federal housing funds.

Yep -- you got it.

Forced integration is absolutely silly. I live happily in a building which is 100% integrated with all ethnicities, BY CHOICE. I have met all my awesome neighbors on my floor and I am the only white christian male.

Central planning of communities will ultimately fail.

max
08-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Obama wants to import excess democrat voters from the inner cities into more conservative districts. Importing a few thousand Obots into a swing District could make all the difference.

This move, plus the rigging of the 2010 census could make him a democratic dictator for life.

tangent4ronpaul
08-17-2009, 09:06 AM
What I want to know is how they determine who qualifies as "black" or "latino." Do they base it on how dark someone's skin is? Or maybe what language or dialect of English they speak? Or merely how they choose to identify themselves? And if the latter, then what's to stop anyone who formerly identified themselves as white (or Asian, American Indian, etc.) from deciding to start identifying themselves as black in order to get the housing?

Geneology records, just like Hitler did.

Though today, I suppose you could use genetics. Good reason for that National DNA database the government has been wanting. :rolleyes:

-t

erowe1
08-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Geneology records, just like Hitler did.

Though today, I suppose you could use genetics. Good reason for that National DNA database the government has been wanting. :rolleyes:

-t

Three problems.

First, genealogy records won't work for the modern American left as easily as they did for Hitler because there is too much of a problem of illegitimate birth. So even if you define race according to who one's ancestors are, you still have to have some cut off of what ratio of a person's ancestors were of that race. But if you have a child of a so-called "black" mother, whose father is unknown, then that child is at most 1/2 verifiably "black." If the same situation applies to the mother, then the child is verifiably only 1/4. And if it is also true of the grandmother and great-grandmother, then the most you can verify for the child is 1/16. The proponents of this scheme could never tolerate limiting it to people whose lineage is actually known, since statistically that would discriminate against the very people they're trying to make it discriminate in favor of.

Second, if we have no way of defining "race" other than genealogy, then we have only pushed back the problem. How do we define the race of one's ancestors? By their genealogies as well? And their ancestors' genealogies? We can only go back so far, and if there's no other means of defining race apart from genealogy, then in every case we'll reach a point when we can't tell what race someone's ancestors were, and thus we will be unable to tell the race of any of the descendants of those ancestors forward on to the present.

Third, whatever we don't know about the specifics of anyone's ancestry, one thing we do know about everyone's ancestry is that all of our genealogies ultimately go back to the same source.

In the end we're left with accepting that race is a construct, and not some objective property that anybody actually has. I think one way to attack affirmative action laws of the sort this article describes is for so-called white people to apply for housing under the label "black" and then one of two things will happen: 1) They will be accepted as "black" on the basis of their own self-identification, and the law will be rendered moot. 2) Their blackness will be challenged, at which time they can sue and demand that the party issuing such a challenge prove that they are not black, which nobody would be able to do.

RM918
08-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Just a matter of time until they start forcing whites into the inner city. Forcing cultures to mingle will only make them segregate themselves.

kahless
08-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Coming to a community near you.

Desegregation deal raises hopes, concerns
http://www.lohud.com/article/2009908120342

Probably the most comments our local newspaper has every received for an article. People are livid. Hispanic or black, you will receive deep discounts on housing and taxes. Poor whites need not apply.

This is a pretty racially diverse county as it is and this is just blatant over the top discrimination against low income whites.

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Looking at the thread title. "Obama's anti-white agenda:" makes me think a bit.
Isn't anti-white the same thing as pro-non white?

Epic
08-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Looking at the thread title. "Obama's anti-white agenda:" makes me think a bit.
Isn't anti-white the same thing as pro-non white?

No - being an advocate for a group of people does not necessarily mean you are anti- anybody else. Similarly, policies that are designed to punish certain majority white communities for their composition most definitely can be classified as anti-white and are not pro-anybody. These policies came about to punish the result of voluntary interaction, not to reward any particular group.

Problems with the new policy:

1. Public housing (and rent control?) lead to increased crime, blight, and other problems typically confined to urban areas.
2. The incoming residents are likely to be of a socio-economic and racial demographic that is associated with higher crime rates, increased dependency and use of public services, etc.
3. The existing residents of those towns will be forced to pay for the cost of new construction (even though there are probably existing housing that is for sale currently).
4. Administration will add to bureaucracy in multiple levels of government.

Freedom 4 all
08-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Is Obama trying to increase the KKK/Stormfront/Neo-Nazi numbers or something? Seriously, if I was a white supremacist I'd be jumping up and down with glee right now because this kind of bullshit is going to attract one hell of a lot of new recruits. And this really isn't good for the actual black/latino people either because they don't even necesarily want this and it's going to win them a hell of a lot of resentment.

brandon
08-17-2009, 12:11 PM
This bullshit has been going on for a long time, it's just getting more blatant now.

I agree with freedom4all, it's like they are trying to grow the pro-white groups. It's almost becoming necessary for white people to organize into "pro-white" groups to fight against this type of BS. Every other race is organized and has their own collectivist lobbying groups...

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 12:16 PM
No - being an advocate for a group of people does not necessarily mean you are anti- anybody else.
Just how long would somebody get away with being an advocate for white people?

I'll bet there would be screaming like you never heard before.

amy31416
08-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Read toward the end of the Health Care Bill. *FREE* medical school for minorities. White males need not apply (well, maybe if you're gay or transsexual). Oh, and they are reducing entrance requirements for them too. MSAT, etc.

-t

This country is so freaking backwards, and racist in it's insincere attempts to abolish racism.

Lowering entrance requirements to any school, any job or whatever, in order to have more minorities should be exceedingly offensive to them. I don't think blacks or latinos are less capable than white people, why does our government?

Endgame
08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Reverse racism is only going to cause more strife and anger. It further divides people and gives one group a sense of entitlement rather than responsibility. This seems to be the agenda for this administration:to drive as large a wedge in between as many diverse groups as possible.

I agree with previous poster, the wealthy ones will flee to greener pastures so basically you will get the land turned over to the others by default. It was a chess move to accomplish this result. Those that are left, due to economic reasons or their own resolve, will be left to fight the attitudes of those told they are entitled because they were 'persecuted' and it won't be pretty.

Saddest of all: "Ron Sims, the deputy secretary of housing and urban development, which helped broker the settlement along with the Justice Department. 'Until now, we tended to lay dormant. This is historic, because we are going to hold people’s feet to the fire.'"

so look for this to become a new policy to be embraced nationwide...

Don't even call it "reverse". That buys into the frame that racism is defined as something only whites and other groups not favored by the left are capable of.

It is absolutely in the left's agenda to keep this nation divided and to play some groups against others. They've done a good job of keeping minorities dependent and poor in the cities, and inflicting a culture of victimhood on them. They've convinced them to want revenge and supremacy now that they have equality before the law. When you have a favored minority leeching off a majority that's apartheid, and it won't last. Whites and other non-favored groups will start to feel resentment and the cycle of hate is perpetuated. If the article in this thread is true, I might be tempted to call it integration at gunpoint, except it isn't integration. Its more like colonization.

A book a highly recommend to any college student is The Diversity Myth, co-authored by Peter Thiel in the early 90's before he founded PayPal. He sold PayPal a long time ago and is now a billionaire. He's a libertarian and donated 500,000 to the Seasteading Institute recently. The book is based on the authors' experiences at Stanford in the early 90's which coincided with the rise of the "multiculturalism" that has since spread to every other college campus. He demonstrates that this poorly defined ideology really has very little to do with tolerance, integration and appreciation of other cultures. It can really just be summed up as a monoculture of rabid socialist ideology combined with guilt for white males, and victimhood status and supremacism for any other group.

Epic
08-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Just how long would somebody get away with being an advocate for white people?

I'll bet there would be screaming like you never heard before.

This is true, but only because we have a culturally marxist racist anti-white society.

That's why nobody can talk about race these days - people are afraid they might slip up and accidentally tell the truth.

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 01:26 PM
This is true, but only because we have a culturally marxist racist anti-white society.

That's why nobody can talk about race these days - people are afraid they might slip up and accidentally tell the truth.
So wouldn't anybody promoting any race above another be a racist?

Epic
08-17-2009, 01:28 PM

Absolutely.

But one who merely wants equality for a group of people - not subjugation of others - does not qualify as promoting one race above others.

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Absolutely.

But one who merely wants equality for a group of people - not subjugation of others - does not qualify as promoting one race above others.

Well, isn't equality better achieved by leaving race out of the equation?
If race was not an issue, then there wouldn't be racism.

Subjugation to me is taking my money to promote something for a race that is not my own. It seems like it would be better to just let the dice fall where they may.

Epic
08-17-2009, 01:46 PM

Subjugation to me is taking my money to promote something for a race that is not my own. It seems like it would be better to just let the dice fall where they may.

Whoa. I am libertarian anarchist. I'm not taking anybody's money for anything. Voluntary interactions only.

My point is that public policy should be colorblind. That's it. I think you would agree with that.

When public policy is unfair to a certain race, a campaign to end said racism will necessarily be on behalf of the subjugated race.

Similarly, just because Martin Luther King and others campaigned for equality, doesn't mean he is a racist.

Cowlesy
08-17-2009, 01:49 PM
btw don't click on that first link -- i clicked it and my firm's websense program listed it as a hate-site. The NYTimes link is fine.

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Whoa. I am libertarian anarchist. I'm not taking anybody's money for anything. Voluntary interactions only.

My point is that public policy should be colorblind. That's it. I think you would agree with that.

When public policy is unfair to a certain race, a campaign to end said racism will necessarily be on behalf of the subjugated race.

Similarly, just because Martin Luther King and others campaigned for equality, doesn't mean he is a racist.
But when Obama takes my money to build housing exclusively for non white people, he is not a racist?

amy31416
08-17-2009, 01:51 PM
btw don't click on that first link -- i clicked it and my firm's websense program listed it as a hate-site. The NYTimes link is fine.

Too late for me. If you would be so kind, add a notation to the post.

Epic
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM

lol... they must be consult with the Southern Poverty Law Center!

Seriously, see the SPLC "Hate" Thread...

Epic
08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
But when Obama takes my money to build housing exclusively for non white people, he is not a racist?

The action is racist. I might reserve judgement on the person. Perhaps he isn't aware of this, or just delegated it to underlings? As I said in the thread's title, it is evident of an anti-white agenda.

Perhaps I miscommunicated previously, but I think my answers have been consistent. Strict equality between individuals (colorblindness) from the perspective of the government is what I advocate.

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 01:58 PM

When I ask a question, I am referring to the world we are in at this time, not some anarchist fantasy of the future. I am specifically referring to the OP and whether it is racist or not.

Epic
08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
When I ask a question, I am referring to the world we are in at this time, not some anarchist fantasy of the future. I am specifically referring to the OP and whether it is racist or not.

I was merely demonstrating that I do not support theft - not in this world or a fantasy world. What is right or wrong doesn't change based on what the current government system is.

This conversation has been a huge digression. I'm not sure what you're getting at in the line of questioning.

Lord Xar
08-17-2009, 02:03 PM

-t

Where is this mentioned exactly? What section etc.. so I can refer to it.

Dr.3D
08-17-2009, 02:10 PM

I don't know, but I do know that public housing (and rent control?) in upscale neighborhoods is kind of like nuking the area.

Absolutely.

The action is racist. I might reserve judgement on the person. Perhaps he isn't aware of this, or just delegated it to underlings? As I said in the thread's title, it is evident of an anti-white agenda.

Perhaps I miscommunicated previously, but I think my answers have been consistent. Strict equality between individuals (colorblindness) from the perspective of the government is what I advocate.

I was merely demonstrating that I do not support theft - not in this world or a fantasy world. What is right or wrong doesn't change based on what the current government system is.

This conversation has been a huge digression. I'm not sure what you're getting at in the line of questioning.

Well then, if Obama is promoting the action, it would seem he must be a racist.

FSP-Rebel
08-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Obama couldn't even try something like this in NH, considering we're 96% white and less than 1% black. There would be no pool to draw from, unless of course they shipped them up from Boston.

literatim
08-17-2009, 02:26 PM
More and more of this type of stuff will keep happening. How long will whites let it happen is the question.

Obama couldn't even try something like this in NH, considering we're 96% white and less than 1% black. There would be no pool to draw from, unless of course they shipped them up from Boston.

Build and they will come. I guarantee this plan expands to other mostly white areas.

MelissaWV
08-17-2009, 02:27 PM

Which is why Habitat for Humanity is a more worthwhile program than these Government interventions. Some Habitat homes do go to pot, but most of them remain in fair shape. The person moving in (and their family, if able) have to be involved in the construction of the home. They don't do freebies, either. There is still cost involved in the home, but it's very reduced compared to the market out there for similar houses.

I've worked with them, and while things are far from perfect, actually building *houses* that the family puts hundreds of hours into building, and then has to maintain, tends to work better than these stark boxy buildings that are only nice-looking for the photo op.

Epic
08-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Well then, if Obama is promoting the action, it would seem he must be a racist.

Ah, I see that we had a miscommunication.

When you said "So wouldn't anybody promoting any race above another be a racist?" ... I thought that you were implying that promoters of white people (to fend off these racist policies) were racist. And when I said "But one who merely wants equality for a group of people" I was referring to myself, when I suppose it appeared that I was talking about Obama (but of course Obama does not want equality). That should clear up my responses. :cool:

As far as Obama being a racist, if he indeed gave approval for this program, then he committed an act of racism, and he could be considered a racist in that regard.

We agree!

Feenix566
08-17-2009, 02:42 PM
More and more of this type of stuff will keep happening. How long will whites let it happen is the question.

Build and they will come. I guarantee this plan expands to other mostly white areas.

I think if you did a survey of minorities in America, they wouldn't support this sort of thing, either. It's just the crazies like this guy who filed the lawsuit in the first place who think this sort of thing is appropriate.

The problem is that only the crazy people are motivated enough to get involved in politics. Normal people want to get by on their own merit, and actually earn their way into an affluent neighborhood. They don't waste time filing lawsuits like this. Normal people have more important things to do, like work.

We can all come together on this issue. There are imbalances in our legal system that disproportionately affect poor people, such as sentencing disparities in the War on Drugs, and public education forcing poor people to send their kids to underperfoming schools. We need to spend our energy righting the imbalances that do exist, rather than creating more imbalances in a misguided attempt to counter them.

BlackTerrel
08-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Race-mixing, at the point of a gun. What could go wrong?

http://cofcc.org/?p=6211

[Moderator Note: Link above could be classified as Not-Safe-For-Work depending on your work environment]

Edit by OP: Haha this is actually pretty ironic... the site is run by an organization that the SPLC deems "hateful" because they are "conservative".

First of all that's a load of bull. The CofCC actually is a white supremacist org, that's why they're deemed hateful, not because they're "conservative".

Bit of a difference isn't it?

Mr. Gurian said that while black and Hispanic residents have a disproportionate need for affordable housing, “this is an opportunity-creating agreement, not a guarantee” that the homes would go to minority members.

So poor white people are eligible as well.

BlackTerrel
08-17-2009, 04:39 PM

In the US you self identify, same as in college admissions. I know people who are a quarter black who identified as black and vice versa.

Brian4Liberty
08-17-2009, 04:48 PM
[Moderator Note: Link above could be classified as Not-Safe-For-Work depending on your work environment]

This website is not safe for work! :D

Seriously, at least half of all big companies openly admit that they track everything you do on their computer at work (im, email, web-browsing, etc).

Cowlesy
08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
I took the Council of Conservative Citizens link out. I did some google-checking on them and they are white separatists/nationalists/whatever. I'm not going to let RonPaulForums give them the luxury of hits. If someone really wants to see their article, you can google Council of Conservative Citizens and decide for yourselves.

They seem like just as big of douchebags as SPLC masquerading as something they are not.

Epic
08-17-2009, 04:54 PM
First of all that's a load of bull. The CofCC actually is a white supremacist org, that's why they're deemed hateful, not because they're "conservative".

According to who?? Anti-defamation league? Southern Poverty Law Center? Even the Huffington Post has called the SPLC a hate organization.

C'mon. Is the NAACP a "hate" group? No. And, as far as I can tell, CofCC isn't either.

Epic
08-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Bit of a difference isn't it?

Mr. Gurian said that while black and Hispanic residents have a disproportionate need for affordable housing, “this is an opportunity-creating agreement, not a guarantee” that the homes would go to minority members.

So poor white people are eligible as well.

"An agreement will compel New York’s Westchester County to create affordable housing in overwhelmingly white communities and market it to nonwhites."

I think it's clear what the goal is here.

pcosmar
08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
So what happens when the present land owners take the LOSS on their investment and move??

Rhetorical question.

Dunedain
08-17-2009, 08:53 PM
The Chinese are doing similar things to the Tibetians to try to ethnically cleanse the Tibetian plateau. They made lots of movies about it and Hollywood took up their cause.

This is pretty much the same....except no movies are going to be made about it. That would be racist after all; and whites would rather be genocided then be called racists.

SimpleName
08-17-2009, 08:56 PM
WOW! Great way to start a race war. All this does is cause more racial problems. It is bad enough for the racists that Obama is president, but an initiative like this? Unbelievable. There will be problems for sure. And Obama will love it.

BlackTerrel
08-18-2009, 03:37 AM
According to who?? Anti-defamation league? Southern Poverty Law Center? Even the Huffington Post has called the SPLC a hate organization.

C'mon. Is the NAACP a "hate" group? No. And, as far as I can tell, CofCC isn't either.

Why don't you do a bit of research?

valhalla76
08-18-2009, 11:09 AM

That is because your firm is using the blocking software made by the Anti-Defamation League. A well-funded, militant, anti-Christian, far-left outfit. The software blocks right-wing webistes, but blocks no left-wing sites. The Council of Conservative Citizens sued three St. Louis area libraries for using the ADL's blocking program, which the American Library Association had already denounced itself.

The lawsuit was a success and thousands of libraries and universities across the US deleted the ADL's software when the ALA sent out a press release warning libraries that the three St. Louis area libraries had been sued.

Now whenever someone comes across a library that is blocking the site, usually the manager will immediately remove the blocking software by showing them the ALA press release.

Of course a private firm can do whatever they want.

For the record, dozens of CofCC members in my state of South Carolina were active in the Ron Paul presidential campaign.

CofCC Wins Library Lawsuit (http://cofcc.org/?p=216)

valhalla76
08-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Which is why Habitat for Humanity is a more worthwhile program than these Government interventions. Some Habitat homes do go to pot, but most of them remain in fair shape. The person moving in (and their family, if able) have to be involved in the construction of the home. They don't do freebies, either. There is still cost involved in the home, but it's very reduced compared to the market out there for similar houses.

I've worked with them, and while things are far from perfect, actually building *houses* that the family puts hundreds of hours into building, and then has to maintain, tends to work better than these stark boxy buildings that are only nice-looking for the photo op.

HFH states that the families "generally" put in such and such labor. People I know who have volunteered time say many of the families are never seen until everything is done. In fact a lot of people have quite volunteering out of anger that the people getting a practically free house are missing in action when it's being built.

Did you see the people that live in HFH homes in Florida and they are suing HFH because they destroyed their own free houses and they are demanding that HFH come back and rehab them for free!?!?!?!

You can't be happy with a free f*ing house, nothing is going to make you happy. These people who are suing HFH should have their mouths sewn shut so no one will ever have to hear them whine ever again.

jmdrake
08-18-2009, 11:26 AM
A) The thread is mis titled. Quote from the story:

B) Looks like the county was being dishonest when applying for federal funds.

The lawsuit, filed under the federal False Claims Act, argued that when Westchester applied for federal Community Development Block Grants for affordable housing and other projects, county officials treated part of the application as boilerplate — lying when they claimed to have complied with mandates to encourage fair housing.

A Westchester official originally dismissed the suit as “garbage.” But the county was largely repudiated in February when Judge Denise L. Cote ruled in Federal District Court that between 2000 and 2006 it had misrepresented its efforts to desegregate overwhelmingly white communities when it applied for the federal housing funds.

You don't want the federal government in your business? Keep your hands out of the federal cookie jar. I cringe inside every time I see some locality, church or non profit applying for a federal grant. The "strings" attached are really chains.

MelissaWV
08-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Notice the "more worthwhile". Programs all over the place have widespread problems, especially when dealing with the poor.

1. They don't "give away free houses" as far as I know. The people who move in have a reduced mortgage.

2. They depend more on volunteers and donations than on my wallet and stolen tax money. This makes them +1000 to start with.

3. I have never seen a Habitat house where the future tenants weren't there. I've worked on only a few, obviously, but it seems odd that they'd be absent. Your friends should have contacted the "higher ups" in their area and reported the goings on.

muh_roads
08-18-2009, 12:02 PM
You gotta love all the "do-gooders" who promote this stuff but they aren't the ones that have to live near this shit.

Feenix566
08-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Digg this story:

http://digg.com/politics/Westchester_Agrees_to_Add_Housing_in_Desegregation _Pact

More people need to know about this. This is racism, pure and simple. It's outrageous!!

BlackTerrel
08-18-2009, 09:07 PM
That is because your firm is using the blocking software made by the Anti-Defamation League. A well-funded, militant, anti-Christian, far-left outfit. The software blocks right-wing webistes, but blocks no left-wing sites. The Council of Conservative Citizens sued three St. Louis area libraries for using the ADL's blocking program, which the American Library Association had already denounced itself.

Why don't you cut the crap? The CofCC is a white supremacist org. Just check out their website. From their mission statement:

(2) We believe the United States is a European country and that Americans are part of the European people. We believe that the United States derives from and is an integral part of European civilization and the European people and that the American people and government should remain European in their composition and character. We therefore oppose the massive immigration of non-European and non-Western peoples into the United States that threatens to transform our nation into a non-European majority in our lifetime. We believe that illegal immigration must be stopped, if necessary by military force and placing troops on our national borders; that illegal aliens must be returned to their own countries; and that legal immigration must be severely restricted or halted through appropriate changes in our laws and policies. We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind, to promote non-white races over the European-American people through so-called “affirmative action” and similar measures, to destroy or denigrate the European-American heritage, including the heritage of the Southern people, and to force the integration of the races.

For the record, dozens of CofCC members in my state of South Carolina were active in the Ron Paul presidential campaign.

Hmmm and how did Ron Paul do again? Maybe all those racists weren't much help afterall?

Dr.3D
08-18-2009, 09:16 PM
This is racism, pure and simple. It's outrageous!!
Well, if it isn't racism, it most certainly is racial discrimination.

jmdrake
08-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Why don't you cut the crap? The CofCC is a white supremacist org. Just check out their website. From their mission statement:

(2) We believe the United States is a European country and that Americans are part of the European people. We believe that the United States derives from and is an integral part of European civilization and the European people and that the American people and government should remain European in their composition and character. We therefore oppose the massive immigration of non-European and non-Western peoples into the United States that threatens to transform our nation into a non-European majority in our lifetime. We believe that illegal immigration must be stopped, if necessary by military force and placing troops on our national borders; that illegal aliens must be returned to their own countries; and that legal immigration must be severely restricted or halted through appropriate changes in our laws and policies. We also oppose all efforts to mix the races of mankind, to promote non-white races over the European-American people through so-called “affirmative action” and similar measures, to destroy or denigrate the European-American heritage, including the heritage of the Southern people, and to force the integration of the races.

Hmmm and how did Ron Paul do again? Maybe all those racists weren't much help afterall?

The "Council of Concerned Citizens" are run by the same people that run the ADL and the SPLC. Watch the documentary "The Clinton 12". (It's about Clinton Tennessee, not Bill's family). After desegregation the town of Clinton decided to obey the new law. They only went along with segregation because it was the law of the land. Then they went along with desegregation because it was the law of the land. Everything was going along fine until an agent provocateur from the CofCC who lived in WASHINGTON D.C. came down to Clinton to stir things up. He couldn't find enough local whites to cause problems so he imported a mob. Things got so out of hand the state police had to be called in. Finally the towns people drove these racists out after they attacked the popular white minister who was walking the black kids to school. That next Sunday the preacher gave a sermon that appealed to the town's sense of morality in opposing segregation. He told the story of a black man who sat went up to take communion and nobody would give it to him. But one older white man sat down beside him to take communion and the church became desegregated. The man who desegregated that church was ROBERT E. LEE! Something to think about.

Regards,

John M. Drake

ChooseLiberty
08-19-2009, 12:50 AM
IIRC there was a series of Supreme Court cases around this stuff that started back in the 70s and the courts have been making it more difficult to get standing for desegregating neighborhoods by the courts.

So this must be BO's work around. If anyone if interested in understanding the history -

http://www.harvardlawreview.org/issues/120/feb07/feb07.shtml

See recent cases - Taliaferro v. Darby Township Zoning Board.

timosman
06-13-2018, 08:22 PM
\\

Swordsmyth
06-13-2018, 08:31 PM
\\

Ben Carson doubles down on dismantling Obama-era fair-housing policies (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?522419-Ben-Carson-doubles-down-on-dismantling-Obama-era-fair-housing-policies)