PDA

View Full Version : Townhall Protest - George Fights with Obama Supporters - how did I do?

ghemminger
08-16-2009, 08:31 PM
YouTube - Townhall Protest - George Fights with Obama Supporters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzEbW29WfW4)

YouTube - Townhall Protest Liberal Left Lies & Assault A Disabled Women (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4y1w94Pc0)

this video is featured by youtube and is generating viral hits now...whoa!

Epic
08-16-2009, 08:55 PM
decent - it's tough to formulate arguments when it's so spontaneous.

the other guy's argument that the government should do healthcare because they can buy in bulk and get cheaper prices is fallacious because:

1. Using that logic, government should perform every service and control every industry, because they could get bulk discounts.
2. Using that logic, we would want monopolies to provide services instead of many businesses competing against each other.
3. Using that logic, we would get one standard of service, instead of many standards of service to choose from. In this case, we are talking about insurance.
4. Using that logic, we would want a landscape of several big businesses, instead of many competitors.

In fact, insurance companies are perfectly capable of negotiating prices with drug companies directly. It is their incentive to pay as little as possible. Unfortunately, insurance mandates and other regulations make it so insurance companies are screwed in negotiations because they don't have a veto threat.

And if drug prices are artificially constrained, then new drug innovation is artificially constrained because there isn't as much incentive to create new drugs because of the price fixing.

Chester Copperpot
08-16-2009, 09:05 PM
you did good george.. Its hard to argue with diametrically opposed ideals.. Let them keep drinking their fluoridated water... everything will be fine

Brian4Liberty
08-16-2009, 09:15 PM
The first guy you were talking to was repeating the Health Care industry propaganda: force everyone to pay us (become a customer), and we'll lower the price. Yeah, right. How can anyone fall for that? What if Bill Gates said, "I will make computers more affordable and less buggy if the government would just force every man, woman, and child to buy a copy of Windows". Would people see the vested interest then?

Flash
08-16-2009, 09:15 PM
The black woman sounded like she belongs in Stalin's Russia. "United. You're with us or against us."

james1906
08-16-2009, 09:42 PM
The black woman sounded like she belongs in Stalin's Russia. "United. You're with us or against us."

Or Hannity's America.

evilfunnystuff
08-16-2009, 09:46 PM
not bad george

The first guy you were talking to was repeating the Health Care industry propaganda: force everyone to pay us (become a customer), and we'll lower the price. Yeah, right. How can anyone fall for that? What if Bill Gates said, "I will make computers more affordable and less buggy if the government would just force every man, woman, and child to buy a copy of Windows". Would people see the vested interest then?

i like this analogy

evan9201
08-16-2009, 09:53 PM
It's funny how most O-bots have no idea what their talking about. Competition in the free market breeds lower prices...not government monopolies or regulations.

t0rnado
08-17-2009, 12:41 AM
That dumb ape's voice was as annoying as hell. "United we stand, etc." They can't use logic, so they just repeat the same irrelevant crap over and over.

Working Poor
08-17-2009, 04:05 AM
United. You're with us or against us."

She sounds just like GW Bush to me. Does anyone remember him saying that?

LibertyEagle
08-17-2009, 04:28 AM

No kidding. She was a total idiot.

ClayTrainor
08-17-2009, 04:34 AM

she made me think of the people in North Korea in a documentary i saw. She behaves like a robot.

TastyWheat
08-17-2009, 05:01 AM
That guy, the bald one, apparently hasn't taken a business or economics class ever. Supply increases in response to or in anticipation of increased demand. Expanding coverage only increases demand, making health products and services more expensive (at least in the short term). If the compensation is poor, as Medicare and Medicaid are prone to do, then supply will not keep pace with demand.

Now that woman holding the prefabricated Obama sign needs to get a clue. I didn't think there were any delusional Obama supporters still running around but I guess it's too soon to shock them all into some state of consciousness.

ghemminger
08-17-2009, 05:12 AM
That guy, the bald one, apparently hasn't taken a business or economics class ever. Supply increases in response to or in anticipation of increased demand. Expanding coverage only increases demand, making health products and services more expensive (at least in the short term). If the compensation is poor, as Medicare and Medicaid are prone to do, then supply will not keep pace with demand.

Now that woman holding the prefabricated Obama sign needs to get a clue. I didn't think there were any delusional Obama supporters still running around but I guess it's too soon to shock them all into some state of consciousness.

Exactly - Where were you when I needed you!

Brian4Liberty
08-17-2009, 11:14 AM
She sounds just like GW Bush to me. Does anyone remember him saying that?

Yep. Just what I was thinking...

BillyDkid
08-17-2009, 11:20 AM
YouTube - Townhall Protest - George Fights with Obama Supporters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzEbW29WfW4)

YouTube - Townhall Protest Liberal Left Lies & Assault A Disabled Women (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4y1w94Pc0)

this video is featured by youtube and is generating viral hits now...whoa!Hey George, have watched many of your videos. Thanks for all you are doing and have done to spread the ideas of liberty.

muh_roads
08-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Your videos are good but people need to be made aware of your connections...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=205796

Read the posts people

angelatc
08-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Exactly - Where were you when I needed you!

George, there's also a Congressional Budget Office report that says that costs will rise.

Easier sound bite.

Here's an article - easier to read than the actual report. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/16/AR2009071602242.html

BenIsForRon
08-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Your videos are good but people need to be made aware of your connections...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=205796

Read the posts people

Whoa. I have one question though, if he's really scammed so many people, why is he still here? Is he just trying to cover his ass and make himself look legit?

BlackTerrel
08-17-2009, 04:24 PM
I think you made some good arguments.

Except for the not drinking tap water :)

Warrior_of_Freedom
08-17-2009, 04:29 PM
At least the first guy was polite, that was actually a respectable obamabot.

Bucjason
08-17-2009, 04:38 PM
You can't argue with an Obot , thier beliefs are based solely in emotion and faith, not facts.

Don't bother , just flip them the bird and work on converting the independents.