PDA

View Full Version : Live Stream of PBS Debate Tonight?

american2
09-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Is an online live stream available?

Thanks.

DjLoTi
09-27-2007, 04:53 PM
There's one on Ron Paul radio, and I think there's one somewhere on PBS's website

scubasteve01
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/special/forums/?campaign=pbshomefeatures_1_allamericanpresidentia lforums_2007-09-27

american2
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
It doesn't appear as though live-stream will be available on the PBS website; unless the home page changes before tonight. The "Video" page says that video will be posted after the debate.

RonPaulFever
09-27-2007, 05:01 PM
At the end of the promo video, it says "live webcast at pbs.org". I'm hoping this is so, because I turned off my TV some months ago.

Dustancostine
09-27-2007, 05:28 PM
http://www.c-span.org/

They have a watch live button.

jj111
09-27-2007, 05:43 PM
This I believe will be the debate with the least participants that Ron has ever been on since this campaign began. Only 6 participants.

MikeStanart
09-27-2007, 05:45 PM
This I believe will be the debate with the least participants that Ron has ever been on since this campaign began. Only 6 participants.

That could be a good thing considering Paul is considered the front-runner in this bunch. = more Air Time

brandon
09-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I think this is going to be a terrible debate. Isn't the topic for the debate basically "what government organizations would u start to help people, especially black people."

And ron's respone will be "no i will not do that, i would let the free market do it" x100

jb4ronpaul
09-27-2007, 05:52 PM
I think this is going to be a terrible debate. Isn't the topic for the debate basically "what government organizations would u start to help people, especially black people."

And ron's respone will be "no i will not do that, i would let the free market do it" x100

Yes but I think he is really good at explaining how government works against poor people. He may not hit it off with the moderators, but I bet he can strike a cord with a lot of average people who see the problems with the government and want something better.

Cindy
09-27-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/special/forums/?campaign=pbshomefeatures_1_allamericanpresidentia lforums_2007-09-27

Save the link now everyone, in case this site crashes. :)

libertythor
09-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Remember that most black people aren't the ignorant ghetto folk that follow blindly rap culture.

There will be a lot who appreciate what Ron Paul has to say. Don't worry about the reaction. Just be glad that they are allowing him to participate.

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Wait six? Is John Cox going to be there or something? I thought it was only five.

Richandler
09-27-2007, 06:05 PM

And Paul's answer is give them back their tax dollars, no IRS, no war on drugs, and getting non-violent drug offenders out of prison.

lorindon
09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Our dark skinned brothers from other mothers will be pauliticians before this primary is out. Even if they don't know it yet.

ronpaulitician
09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Did they allow the candidates themselves to write their "about" pages?

Paul's "about" page on PBS's site. (http://www.pbs.org/kcet/tavissmiley/special/forums/candidates/paul.html)

Congressman, Texas

RON PAUL

REPUBLICAN

Congressman Ron Paul, who first ran for the White House as a Libertarian in 1988, has earned a reputation as one of the more principled members of Congress through his advocacy of smaller government. His philosophy of nonintervention has guided his opposition to military action in Kosovo and Iraq, as well as his opposition to many social welfare programs.

Ron Paul earned his M.D. in 1961 before serving in the Air Force from 1963-1965. After his service, he set up an obstetrics/gynecology practice in Brazoria County, TX. In an early sign of his disdain for government spending, he refused to accept Medicare or Medicaid payments from his clients. He would instead treat them at a lower cost or set up extended payment plans. Later, when his children applied to college, he made sure they didn't have to rely on federal loans to pay for their education.

Congressman Paul is known as a strict Constitutionalist. If an appropriation is not authorized by the bedrock document, Paul will refuse to vote for it, political fallout notwithstanding. He has consistently opposed agricultural subsidies, yet his rural constituents have granted him five consecutive terms since 1996.

DID YOU KNOW?

Ron Paul's official YouTube channel is the 35th most subscribed to of any category on the popular video hosting Website.

As an obstetrician, he has delivered more than 4,000 babies.

He's earned the nickname "Dr. No" for his steadfast refusal to approve funding measures he finds unconstitutional.

He opposed granting Rosa Parks, Mother Theresa and Pope John Paul II the Congressional Gold Medal on the grounds that the Constitution does not authorize such expenditures. He did offer money out of his own pocket to pay for the medals if other Congressmen would do the same.

D'oh. Just spotted "Source - Official presidential campaign website; edited by KCET staff " at the bottom of the page.

jj111
09-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Wait six? Is John Cox going to be there or something? I thought it was only five.

Keyes is in it.
Keyes, Paul, Brownback, Hunter, Tancredo, Huckster

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-27-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.c-span.org/

They have a watch live button.

This isn't working for me -- "can't find the file" or some such. Anyone else watching through cspan?

Edit: Never mind. PBS is working now.

Delaware
09-27-2007, 07:13 PM
not working for me