PDA

View Full Version : These people are brainwashed: "Capitalism Steals"

ItsTime
08-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Had an Obamabot tell me today that I dont know what Im talking about because he is a poli sci major (so am I) and that "capitalism steals"

My head just about exploded. :eek:

Arklatex
08-16-2009, 02:24 PM
We should all have a round!

They are sneaky though, I bet they haven't given up and this is strategy. They are still scheming.

Anyway, I view this as a small victory. Drinks on me!

Epic
08-16-2009, 03:15 PM
These two essays are powerful - they each discuss the author's ideological journey from leftist/marxist to libertarianism and freedom:

http://fare.tunes.org/books/Hess/dop.html
http://www.libertyunbound.com/archive/2006_06/mackey-winning.html

By the way, to rebut any argument such as "capitalism steals", remind them not to anthropomorphize capitalism. Remind them that what they are really saying is that free people interacting voluntarily with private property rights will steal. Indeed, humans would be living in such a system and humans are fallible. But, if crime is committed, it can be taken care of by whatever police service exists. Crime is not tolerated in a capitalist economic system.

Imperial
08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Lol he must go to one of the more liberal colleges.

awake
08-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Capitalism is system of reward and penalty. Reward for those who truly serve their fellow man; penalty to those who do not serve the best interests of the masses. The best thing about Capitalism and private property is the refutation of all forms of theft, with out exception.

We have but one choice; Thievery of all sorts or absolute protection of an individuals private property.

We know which one the Government and its supporters want.

Knightskye
08-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Capitalism keeps corporations in check. It's the government that steals.

Conza88
08-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Labor theory of value is magnificently retarded.

Start out by saying Adam Smith was a tool, and marx was an even bigger one for continuing the error.

Then use an example about Labor theory of value and subjective theory of value...

I.e You and Picasso are painting a picture. You both spend 4 hours of your labor on it. According to LTV, it should be worth the same. Ask, what gives the paintings their value?

And depending on their answer, they say the buyer, or it depends on the person, etc. And you win, it's SUBJECTIVE - THEORY OF VALUE.

Or, they end up with the position that they think your painting is worth the same as Picasso's... in that case, show them your stickman and show them one of Picasso's works, then call them a fcken idiot and violate their property rights by slapping them in the face. </jest> :p

No seriously... do they believe in property rights? Or in money? If they are a marxist?

No? Reach into their pocket and take their wallet. It's not theirs after all.

Objectivist
08-17-2009, 03:36 AM
Had an Obamabot tell me today that I dont know what Im talking about because he is a poli sci major (so am I) and that "capitalism steals"

My head just about exploded. :eek:

Don't feel bad I just wrote an editorial letter about my local congressman and his remarks that the healthcare scheme is "capitalism". :eek:

You know, no one ever forced me to buy a jelly doughnut.

NYgs23
08-17-2009, 03:43 AM
If capitalism steals, he should sue it in a free market court.

ClayTrainor
08-17-2009, 03:53 AM
So when i voluntarily give Microsoft $300 for an Xbox 360, are they stealing from me, or am i stealing from them? :rolleyes:

Anyone who thinks capitalism steals, has no idea what the difference between capitalism and corporatism is.

To quote Tim Robbins from Team America

"The corporations sit there in their corporation buildings, and you see, they're all corporationy and they make money"

YouTube - Tim Robbins explains how this works (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QjOI7bj5ks)

Elwar
08-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Where in this Capitalist theft is there a gun?

angelatc
08-17-2009, 09:22 AM
I saw a thread in another forum that was discussing health care. One poster said "Health care is a right. And don't give me that nonsense about transferring wealth from person to another, because it happens every day in the workplace!"

Which was probably the dumbest argument I've seen all day.

Objectivist
08-17-2009, 06:30 PM
I saw a thread in another forum that was discussing health care. One poster said "Health care is a right. And don't give me that nonsense about transferring wealth from person to another, because it happens every day in the workplace!"

Which was probably the dumbest argument I've seen all day.

How and where does it happen in the workplace? I believe we have labor laws preventing slavery in this country and you are free to work anyplace you so choose.