PDA

View Full Version : Free Food and Flar Freedom Stands in all 50 capitols.

wizardwatson
08-16-2009, 09:30 AM
What do you think of a constant money bomb, enough to support a 7-11 'freedom stand' where we gave out flags, stickers, free food in the capitol cities (at first) of all 50 states.

Totally run by the grass roots community. No interstate or 'supra' organziations in the way.

We could all donate like $5 a month plus some hours per week operating the stand.

We can do it in the mall during inclement weather.

What do you guys think. I would help organize this.

it would also give us in the movement a reason to meet and mingle, and come up with other cool ideas.

CORRECTION: Should be free food and 'flare' not 'flar' in thread title

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-16-2009, 09:42 AM
well the only problem I see is that you would have to form this as a none profit group with each states group falling under the umbrella of that organization. It would have to be registered as a non profit organization in order to escape many of the taxes and regulations that would impede any such business venture but as a non profit there would be strict regulations on how political you could get. So while it is certainly not a bad idea, it would take a tremendous amount of planning. If you come up with a gameplan that could circumvent these issues and still have it run under budget without serious financial contstraints than I would be on board.:)

wizardwatson
08-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Well, there is no budget. There is just people manning a stand and giving away stuff at predetermined times. A city permit should be sufficient. There is no reason to have an umbrella organization. Anyway, i think the legal issues are circumventable with little problem.

I will try to flesh out the individual details a little more. i'm going to call my towns mall and see how they handle people who want space who are doing promotions, i know they let radio stations in sometimes to do stuff like that, but i'm sure they are paying. i'll also get ahold of the permit people here. i'll see what it takes in this town (topeka, ks) as a test ground.

i'd be interested in hearing people's ideas for what kind of promotions we could do (showing ron paul promotion videos on laptops, giving out constitutions, mini-economics lessons, etc)