PDA

View Full Version : No wonder they hate us

smtwngrl
09-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I was just checking out other candidates sites to see what they were doing for fundraising.

Imagine my surprise when I went to Huckabee's website and saw all of these anti-Ron Paul....actually more "anti-Ron Paul-supporter" comments. And apparently, all of the negative comments started because Ron Paul supporters were posting a lot of comments on Huckabee's site about Ron Paul, and comments saying they would donate but they had already donated their money to Ron Paul.

I hated the anti-Ron Paul comments. But what if Ron Paul had a place on his site for posting comments, and what if another candidates supporters (say Rudy's) spammed it with comments. Would we like that?

Ron Paul has the best supporters (us). But wouldn't it be a shame if he didn't win because of our rudeness. We aren't going to win votes that way, just make enemies. :(

Stealth4
09-27-2007, 04:40 PM
2nd. dont waste time making enemies. It might make you feel better to get a laugh at another candidates expense, but why do it if its public and it backfires (BLOWBACK) and it hurts RPs campaign?

hard@work
09-27-2007, 04:41 PM
They are welcome to have their supporters support them at any time.

happyphilter
09-27-2007, 04:41 PM
i still dont think a lot of supporters get it... its kinda frustrating. there is no need to be loud annoying and pushy, nobody likes that

scubasteve01
09-27-2007, 04:43 PM
You guys are crazy, they hate us because we have our freedom of... oh wait. No... you're right it was blowback.

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Indeed, a lot of people don't care to much about Ron Paul, but they hate his supporters because they can't shut up or they overstep their bounds. A lot of animosity toward the campaign is merely because of some Ron Paul supporters. Some need a better sense of decorum IMO.

Bryan
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Anti-freedom people spam Ron Paul's youtube comments, but now get voted down.

paulitics
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I agree to some extant, but I think its pretty impossible to hold back the title wave now. These scumbags own the airwaves to propogate their propaganda which are creating endless wars, and a police state. This is blowback. But I concur that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Their supporters maybe misguided.

constituent
09-27-2007, 04:45 PM
ever consider that perhaps they aren't really ron paul supporters and you're
just playing right into the game they've created for you...

you see that..

you come here to bitch and moan (or just make an observation, whatever)...
flame war insues, gets blamed on truthers... the whole bit...

broken record man.

JosephTheLibertarian
I was just checking out other candidates sites to see what they were doing for fundraising.

Imagine my surprise when I went to Huckabee's website and saw all of these anti-Ron Paul....actually more "anti-Ron Paul-supporter" comments. And apparently, all of the negative comments started because Ron Paul supporters were posting a lot of comments on Huckabee's site about Ron Paul, and comments saying they would donate but they had already donated their money to Ron Paul.

I hated the anti-Ron Paul comments. But what if Ron Paul had a place on his site for posting comments, and what if another candidates supporters (say Rudy's) spammed it with comments. Would we like that?

Ron Paul has the best supporters (us). But wouldn't it be a shame if he didn't win because of our rudeness. We aren't going to win votes that way, just make enemies. :(

If they're not with us, they're against us

LibertyEagle
I guess we should stay away from posting on other candidates' web sites. Makes sense to me. Some of them are going to drop out and we sure don't want to make any of these people angry.

MsDoodahs
The move by the powers that be started yesterday, they can't find anything on Ron so they're going after us, the supporters.

I would not be surprised by planted "ron paul supporters" doing ridiculous things for a while, until they figure out that such childish bullshit is also doomed to fail...

Don't let it bother you. This is only the beginning of the battle.

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 04:47 PM
ever consider that perhaps they aren't really ron paul supporters and you're
just playing right into the game they've created for you...

you see that..

you come here to bitch and moan (or just make an observation, whatever)...
flame war insues, gets blamed on truthers... the whole bit...

broken record man.

Oh c'mon. You know as well as I do that some overzealous RP supporters do this. It's ok. We just need to stop doing it is all.

mtmedlin
09-27-2007, 04:50 PM
You know, Huckabees supporters will have to find a new candidate after he drops out. I think we win more votes with honey then vinegar.

smtwngrl
09-27-2007, 04:52 PM
You know, Huckabees supporters will have to find a new candidate after he drops out. I think we win more votes with honey then vinegar.

I second that!

OptionsTrader
09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Starting a thread titled "No wonder they hate us" only adds negativity to this site and isn't going to reach the people you want to reach and it isn't going to convince anyone to alter their behavior.

Dave Wood
09-27-2007, 04:57 PM
This is all bs!

They hate or dislike RP supporters because we are passionate, motivated, informed, innovative, sometimes tricky, stubborn, youthful (that goes for all of RP support), loving, caring, have the best looking and sharpest RP Girl representation, strippers and truckers are on our side, we dont pander or accept dirty money and we still raise a mothaload of cash, extremely diverse (21 countries to date), they cant fight us on the issues, we arent sheep and most of all because even though they cant admit it at this point, they are one of US!:)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 04:58 PM
hey.. if people are stupid enough to take huckafuck over Dr. Ron Paul, then they deserve no respect. I don't think the bulk will come over for Ron Paul anyway, Huckabee is PRO WAR.

Anyway.. individuals are doing this, not me... I can't control anyone but myself, so I don't see the big deal here. I never decide who to vote for based on the types of supporters, I vote for the person!

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
hey.. if people are stupid enough to take huckafuck over Dr. Ron Paul, then they deserve no respect. I don't think the bulk will come over for Ron Paul anyway, Huckabee is PRO WAR
More than that Huckabee is PRO HONOR! Who can say no to honor?

fj45lvr
09-27-2007, 05:05 PM
i still dont think a lot of supporters get it... its kinda frustrating. there is no need to be loud annoying and pushy, nobody likes that

I think you fail to fully understand that for them "to be" anything else would be denying who they "really are"

there are a boatload of a**holes on the bandwagon.....and for every new supporter you might garner they push away 10. Bad news travels fast.

This has been going on since back in Iowa when they thought it was going to be "cute" to march through the conference that the other candidates were having and chanting Ron Paul slogans at the top of their lungs.

having common sense, class or respect is something that doesn't come naturally.

We need more statesmen and ambassadors and less "activists".

Ron Paul Fan
09-27-2007, 05:05 PM
There's nothing wrong with spreading our values around the world, but it is wrong to spread it by force. We should spread it by setting a good example and doing a good job here. We should defend our liberties and defend this forum, but not to think we can change the world by forcive arms and to start wars. I believe the CIA is correct when it teaches about "blowback." If we think that we can do what we want around the world and not incite hatred, then we have a problem. What would we say if Giuliani supporters were here doing that on the Ron Paul site or on this forum? We need to look at what we do from the perspective of what would happen if somebody else did it to us!

Mordechai Vanunu
09-27-2007, 05:08 PM
They hate us because we're free.

ScotTX
09-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Right on, RonPaulFan. Right on.

lawdida
09-27-2007, 05:21 PM
You guys are crazy, they hate us because we have our freedom of... oh wait. No... you're right it was blowback.

lol....Have you ever read the reasons they attacked us? They attacked us because we've been over there. We've been [spamming] [mikehuckabee.com] for 10 [months].

Thurston Howell III
09-27-2007, 05:27 PM
I thought Huckster's supporters would be looking to join up with us after he dropped out. Are we burning that bridge? I dunno.

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 05:38 PM
There's nothing wrong with spreading our values around the world, but it is wrong to spread it by force. We should spread it by setting a good example and doing a good job here. We should defend our liberties and defend this forum, but not to think we can change the world by forcive arms and to start wars. I believe the CIA is correct when it teaches about "blowback." If we think that we can do what we want around the world and not incite hatred, then we have a problem. What would we say if Giuliani supporters were here doing that on the Ron Paul site or on this forum? We need to look at what we do from the perspective of what would happen if somebody else did it to us!

What is it with you and borrowing heavily from Dr. Paul's and others' words without using quotation marks? :D

pcosmar
09-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I am not going to attack them, in fact I don't waste time at any of their sites.
Ron Paul has been hated by them since he started running. They don't want to hear about the Constitution, they want more war, they want more government.
Their hatred gets louder as Dr. Paul gets more popular.
Don't waste your energy.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 05:41 PM
More than that Huckabee is PRO HONOR! Who can say no to honor?

lol. Hey, Huckabee, are we Samurai? :rolleyes: I was just thinking.. Huckabee supporters may jump over to RP because RP is very pro-fairtax. Actually, Ron Paul is more pro-no tax, how can you beat that? lol

constituent
09-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Oh c'mon. You know as well as I do that some overzealous RP supporters do this. It's ok. We just need to stop doing it is all.

::happy thoughts, happy thoughts::

I CAN'T HEAR YOU... LALALDEDEDEDAH

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

:: plugs ears::

::happy thoughts, happy thoughts::

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 05:45 PM
lol. Hey, Huckabee, are we Samurai? :rolleyes: I was just thinking.. Huckabee supporters may jump over to RP because RP is very pro-fairtax.
Not really. Ron Paul is very passive about it, saying that he'd vote for it if it ever came up but he doubts it ever will. But that is true. At this one forum I sometimes visit a user, who is very neo-con brainwashed, found out Ron Paul was for the fairtax and suddenly came out and said he supports him now because of that alone.

quickmike
09-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I thought Huckster's supporters would be looking to join up with us after he dropped out. Are we burning that bridge? I dunno.

I say dont play games on other candidates home pages and forums (well, except for fredthompsonforums.com........... thats ok:D )

Gotta keep our eye on the prize. Were going to need all those supporters who have their candidates drop out of the race in a month or so. I know its fun to rub it in their faces, trust me, but it will do us no good except for maybe a few chuckles at their expense.

We need to get beyond that though. Then, after Ron wins, we can REALLY laugh and it wont matter who complains after that.:cool:

Ron Paul Fan
09-27-2007, 05:47 PM
What is it with you and borrowing heavily from Dr. Paul's and others' words without using quotation marks? :D

If the goal of this campaign is to be the policeman of the world, you lose liberty and supporters. But if the goal is to promote liberty, you can unify all segments. The freedom message brings us together it doesn't divide us. I believe that when we overdo our aggressiveness what it does is it actually weakens our forum defense. We stood up to Soviets when they had 40,000 nuclear weapons! Now we're fretting day in and day night about 3rd tier candidates that have no donators, internet supporters, or integrity and we're getting ready to go to war!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Not really. Ron Paul is very passive about it, saying that he'd vote for it if it ever came up but he doubts it ever will. But that is true. At this one forum I sometimes visit a user, who is very neo-con brainwashed, found out Ron Paul was for the fairtax and suddenly came out and said he supports him now because of that alone.

I have seen it myself... hence the assumption lol

jb4ronpaul
09-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I believe we should all take model ourselves after the way Ron Paul acts, speak the message of hope with passion, no need for personal attacks or hate.

speciallyblend
09-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Indeed, a lot of people don't care to much about Ron Paul, but they hate his supporters because they can't shut up or they overstep their bounds. A lot of animosity toward the campaign is merely because of some Ron Paul supporters. Some need a better sense of decorum IMO.

I'd blame the distrust of both parties and the fact activist are so annoyed with both parties,they are passionate and sometimes cross lines,but i think the anti paul people are just pissed cause they cant pay people to do what RON PAUL SUPPORTERS DO I'd say 98% are good things,just like any other campaign,but they dont have 40,000 across the nation doing grassroots activism.

They attack ron pauls supporters and the 2% of people who step over the line,BECAUSE THEY CANT REALLY ATTACK HIS ISSUES,ALL THEY HAVE IS TO ATTACK HIS SUPPORTERS.. I'm sure we will have plenty of bad supporters from there campaign,just not many of them since they cant even pay for support;):eek:

max
09-27-2007, 06:03 PM
I dont understand you folks who worry endlessly about retards who choose to not support Ron Paul because some of his supporters are overly zealous.

Do u really think such a narrow minded, petty, uptight voters would ever have supported RP anyway?.... "I would have voted for RP, but some of his supporters are rude, so now I wont"...LOL..

Do u think someone so uptight would actually be with us after the media hit pieces start???

Are u kidding me?...Our zeal and our aggressiveness attracts far more curious minds than it turns off some petty uptight traditional voter that we dont need...and would never get anyway.

Of course, I totaly agree that we should remain civil. But this endless fretting over "What will people think if we do this...What will people think if we do that"...is getting annoying. Ever think that some folks are saying to themselves.."Gee. These nutty RP supporters seem REALLY juiced up. What is it about RP that makes them so passionate. I should look into this guy."

scubasteve01
09-27-2007, 06:03 PM
lol....Have you ever read the reasons they attacked us? They attacked us because we've been over there. We've been [spamming] [mikehuckabee.com] for 10 [months].

Hahaha! Nice.....

They just won't listen to us or try to understand our way of life, why won't they be more like us?!

We don't understand the irrationality of huckabee supporters.

misconstrued
09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
If they're not with us, they're against us

Sounds like something Bush said ;)

remaxjon
09-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Ron Paul does a place where people talk about him on his website. Have you seen his youtube page. Its not a good idea to talk shit on someone elses forum but its really not that bad

FreedomLover
09-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Of course, I totaly agree that we should remain civil. But this endless fretting over "What will people think if we do this...What will people think if we do that"...is getting annoying. Ever think that some folks are saying to themselves.."Gee. These nutty RP supporters seem REALLY juiced up. What is it about RP that makes them so passionate. I should look into this guy."

They should be sayin, "Gee, what makes these guys so passionate about a presidential candidate" and NOT, "Gee, what makes these guys such rude A-holes? Whoever they support I am gonna be more likely of being against"

When people see supporters acting agressively and off their rocker, that reflects very badly on the person who they're are supporting. You don't want a person's first interaction with the Ron Paul 'Brand' to be, "YOURE GUY IS A NEOCON, VOTE FOR RON PAUL HE WILL INVESTIGATE 9/11 AND STOP THE NEOCONS AND THE NORTH AMERICAN UNION"

There needs to be more delicacy and diplomacy when dealing with potential supporters. You ruin the name forever for that person if their first experience is one that makes them angry at you or confused....

max
09-27-2007, 06:39 PM
They should be sayin, "Gee, what makes these guys so passionate about a presidential candidate" and NOT, "Gee, what makes these guys such rude A-holes? Whoever they support I am gonna be more likely of being against"

When people see supporters acting agressively and off their rocker, that reflects very badly on the person who they're are supporting. You don't want a person's first interaction with the Ron Paul 'Brand' to be, "YOURE GUY IS A NEOCON, VOTE FOR RON PAUL HE WILL INVESTIGATE 9/11 AND STOP THE NEOCONS AND THE NORTH AMERICAN UNION"

There needs to be more delicacy and diplomacy when dealing with potential supporters. You ruin the name forever for that person if their first experience is one that makes them angry at you or confused....

I totally agree...but I dont think its as serious a problem as some make it out to be.

Besides, I firmly believe that infiltrators will be sent to do outrageous stuff in RP's name anyway. It's just a matter of time. Nothing we can do to stop it.....

Every campaign has its share of rude assholes....we seem to be the only ones worried sick about it and causing internal rifts over it.

smtwngrl
09-30-2007, 07:48 PM
lol I love the Ron Paul "quotes". :D

Hook
09-30-2007, 08:24 PM
I say dont play games on other candidates home pages and forums (well, except for fredthompsonforums.com........... thats ok:D )

Gotta keep our eye on the prize. Were going to need all those supporters who have their candidates drop out of the race in a month or so. I know its fun to rub it in their faces, trust me, but it will do us no good except for maybe a few chuckles at their expense.

We need to get beyond that though. Then, after Ron wins, we can REALLY laugh and it wont matter who complains after that.:cool:

Do what the soup-man says! :D

speciallyblend
09-30-2007, 08:25 PM
you assume the posters who were pro ron paul,were?? they could be anti paul people trying to stir things up by posting. The problem is the lost republican party,not RON PAUL

0zzy
09-30-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this!

I see it on Digg.com ALL the time! It'd be about some random crap, and they'd be like "Ya well, Ron Paul 2008! Ron Paul 2008.com! CFR! BlaH! Wee!"

Danny Molina
09-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Huckabee has a forum? Does anyone have a link?

jonahtrainer
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM

This is how I answered your question on Mr. Huckabee's forum (http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=416):

Hey Phil,

This is in response to your post:

"I'd like to apologize for all my fellow Paulites here. In general, Paul supporters don't engage in this kind of crap, and I hope you don't let their idiocy have a negative effect on your view of our guy (though you probably will, and you have very good reason to).

To the Paulians: How would you like it if RP starting allowing us to post comments on his website but a bunch of Huckabee supporters swamped the place with comments about their guy?

Sheesh."

I support Ron Paul but have also been watching Mr. Huckabee. I think it is cool of Mr. Huckabee to include a blog on his site where he is running for President. Ideas can only be overcome by other ideas; money and power are impotent against ideas. Censorship is a form of applied power.

I am sure one of the reasons for this blog is that Mr. Huckabee is so confident in the power of his ideas and the ability of his supporters to engage ideas in a free and open marketplace.

As far as your interrogatory about being done unto as we've done I say 'Bring it on.' I think it would be great if RP had a blog on his site where people could discuss the ideas. Of course, ad hominem attacks have little place in the marketplace of ideas and should be censored. But so long as the ideas are being argued I am all for it. That is how we learn and choose the best idea.

After all, I am sure none of us Republicans are prideful enough to be willing to lose elections by adhering to faulty ideas when an obvious better idea could easily be chosen.

Danny Molina
09-30-2007, 08:56 PM
That's not a forum. That's a blog and those are blog comments. There's a big difference.

RP4ME
09-30-2007, 10:41 PM

I agree stop thsi nonsense

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, it's their fault they support Hucklebee!

Syren123
09-30-2007, 11:18 PM
The move by the powers that be started yesterday, they can't find anything on Ron so they're going after us, the supporters.

I would not be surprised by planted "ron paul supporters" doing ridiculous things for a while, until they figure out that such childish bullshit is also doomed to fail...

Don't let it bother you. This is only the beginning of the battle.

They could very well be agent provocateurs. MsD is right...the 'top tiers' BWAHAHAH can't find any smear that will stick on RP so now they're hiring mouth breathers to pose as RP supporters and act retarded. Sounds like a perfectly plausible scenario.