PDA

View Full Version : Ohio is becoming a police state

PathIveMade
09-27-2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=75057

I'm pretty sure someones gonna get hurt. Is this legal? Or constitutional even?
Write your Congressman! So far it's just in the Summit County area, but be sure this will spread if allowed.

misconstrued
09-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Looks like the police are just trying to find an excuse to search houses without probable cause...

BuckeyeDad
09-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm on the other side of the state, but I had one come to my door a couple of months ago around 2am. I was still awake and my lights were on. I saw him pull up in front of the house and stop and I remembered thinking "oh great."

He knocked on my door so I opened it, stepped outside, and closed the door behind me (I am so glad I learned this).

He said, "Just wanted to tell you your garage door is open."

"Ok thanks" :rolleyes:

Ron Paul Fan
09-27-2007, 04:51 PM
So what happens is someone thinks their life is in danger and shoots one of these guys?

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Guys, can we at least try once in awhile to put articles that are not related to Ron paul in the General News category on this forum?

SpicyItalian739
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Holy ****, I live in Youngstown, less than an hour from Twinsburg.... this is VERY bad

The deputy admitted that they were sometimes shining flashlights on people who were sleeping in bed at night... what happens when one of these residents grabs a gun to defend themself and either the resident or the cop gets shot?!?!?!?

IDIOTS! :mad:

Even if the cops are honestly just trying to be helpful, this is moronic and will lead to somebody's death.

Worse still, if there are more nefarious intentions... this is happening in my area - I'm appalled!

PathIveMade
09-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Guys, can we at least try once in awhile to put articles that are not related to Ron paul in the General News category on this forum?

My apologies

Givemelibertyor.....
09-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Time to buy an electrified door knob.

devil21
09-27-2007, 05:13 PM
100% an attempt to search homes and gain probable cause without warrant. Most likely in the name of the "War on Drugs". This is really not good at all!

MikeStanart
09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
OMFG. This is tresspassing.

American
09-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Well Ohio has issues, I've been there a few times and something is amiss there. no offense to anyone here, of course I dont mean you :)

PathIveMade
09-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Well Ohio has issues, I've been there a few times and something is amiss there. no offense to anyone here, of course I dont mean you :)

No offense taken.... let's hope this doesn't set a precedent for the rest of Ohio or anywhere else for that matter.

allyinoh
09-27-2007, 05:34 PM
No offense taken. I have written my Congressman so many times and nothing happens I feel it's useless.

This is absolutely ridiculous. If I saw a cop in my house late at night I would be reporting him. That is trespassing, invasion, etc!

This irks me. I'm from the Columbus area and I could just see it happening here.