PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Will tonight's debate...

paulaholic
09-27-2007, 04:35 PM
...be better or worse than the Values' Debate?

torchbearer
09-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Better.

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 04:36 PM
There's no poll...

paulitics
09-27-2007, 04:36 PM
better

Ron Paul Fan
09-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Couldn't possibly be any worse

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Better in terms of questions (no more bible thumping), better in terms of Ron Paul's performance, and better for less clutter, but just as bad in the aspect that Alan Keyes will be there. The mute button on my remote will come in quite handy I predict :)

Danny Molina
09-27-2007, 04:40 PM
You typed in the word "poll?" HAHAHA. You need forum practice.

------------

better.

smtwngrl
09-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Better. :)

I have a feeling it might go better than many of the other debates.

awigo50
Better in terms of questions (no more bible thumping), better in terms of Ron Paul's performance, and better for less clutter, but just as bad in the aspect that Alan Keyes will be there. The mute button on my remote will come in quite handy I predict :)

Really? Not that I'd ever vote for him, but I think he's genuinely amusing after the last debate...

scubasteve01
God help us if Tancrendo starts rambling about a story of a boy and his puppy again.

And hopefully they turn down Alan Keyes mic.

FreedomLover
09-27-2007, 04:44 PM
I didn't watch the values debate. What happened that was so bad?

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Alan Keyes happened

Noog
09-27-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm personally looking forward to Alan Keyes speaking with his martian from Mars Attacks voice.

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Really? Not that I'd ever vote for him, but I think he's genuinely amusing after the last debate...
He's amusing in a God-he-needs-to-shut-up-he's-so-annoying kind of way...

It's more amusing to watch his body language without having to hear him speak though. Seriously, it makes for a good laugh.

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Better.

BuddyRey
09-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Better, because the Values Voters' debate just featured an endless string of one-dimensional, biased questions that weren't fleshed out or nuanced very well. Paul Weyrich asking about a "Homosexual Agenda" nearly made me bust a gut.

enter`name`here
09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Alan keys makes me laugh, he reminds me of an actor in a high school play that is overacting. I just can't understand how anyone could take him serious.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
Alan Keyes is going to try to sway them with his black preacher speaking ha

quickmike
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
It will be much better because there will be all sorts of different people here, and it wont just be about legislating God. There will be many subjects to deal with and a better variety of questions besides "Dr Paul, Do you hate the Devil? and if so, will you go to war with him?"

I think it will be less creepy and alot more interesting. After all, Rons message is a winning message with all different kinds of people.

john_anderson_ii
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
creepy.

If there was only one word to describe the VV debate, this would be word.

Ron's going to kick ass!

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 05:05 PM
I think he will do well.

Qiu
09-27-2007, 05:05 PM
I didn't watch the values debate. What happened that was so bad?
I don't think there could have been a worse debate. They focused on the religious right which is not that interesting to begin with. But all of the questions were framed- a five year old could have pleased the crowd. There were questions like "I survived an abortion, do you think I should be dead?" and "clearly we can see life in these sonograms, do you support abortion?" and "I was gay until I met God, what will you do to stop the homosexual agenda in this country?" The second segment was of the yes or no type... and all of the questions basically told the candidates to say yes for every single one. The third segment had three or four questions addressed to candidates WHO WEREN"T THERE. They actually had people come out and ask questions to specific candidates who didn't participate and the camera even focused on their empty podiums.

PBS will definately host a better debates.

dt_
09-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Who will be participating other than RP?

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Who will be participating other than RP?
Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, Alan Keyes and Sam Brownback.

Only five.

ACJohn
09-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Better, I don’t think “former” homosexuals and abortion survivors will be paraded out to ask questions. However, the individuals with personal responsibility with limited government message will be a tough sell.

quickmike
09-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, Alan Keyes and Sam Brownback.

Only five.

wheres Tancredo???

quickmike
09-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Better, I don’t think “former” homosexuals and abortion survivors will be paraded out to ask questions. However, the individuals with personal responsibility with limited government message will be a tough sell.

You know what though? The african american people are generaly distrustful of government in general, and rightfully so. I think when people hear Ron's anti-government stances on alot of issues, that will help him a lot more than some people realize.

Lets just hope he drives this type of stuff home.

brandon
09-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I think this debate will be equally terrible to the family values one.

I expect all the questions to be something like this "Black people are treated unfairly when it comes to x, will you expand the government with program y to change this"

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 05:56 PM
wheres Tancredo???
He ain't gonna be there...

Check this page: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20000

w00t

scubasteve01
09-27-2007, 05:57 PM
wheres Tancredo???

He's in, the last I heard, and according to the PBS website....

paulaholic
09-27-2007, 06:00 PM
You typed in the word "poll?" HAHAHA. You need forum practice.

------------

better.

I meant to include one but I'm having issues with my connection and wasn't able to finish my post.

You need etiquette practice.

libertythor
09-27-2007, 06:02 PM
It will be a lot better.

"Former homosexuals" paraded out to ask debate questions? :eek: What did they do, lobotomize them?

Thats one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. If it were a choice, there wouldn't be nearly as many gay people. Who would choose being ridiculed in school?

Maybe those homosexuals in Nazi Germany really wanted to go to the gas chambers. :rolleyes:

If that was what went on at the Values debate, this one will be a million times better. Lets not be pessimistic just because the audience will be mostly black. There will be people from all walks of life, and if just 9,000 out of lets say 800,000 viewers like his message and get involved with the campaign...it will be a success.

JUST THE FACT THAT HE ATTENDED WILL ASSURE THAT HE DOESN'T GET DUMPED ON

murrayrothbard
09-27-2007, 06:06 PM
the best thing will be that questions about "Iraq/Islamofacism/who do we nuke first?" will probably be less than 90% of the time, unlike the other debates... Ron owns on economics IF he is allowed to give more than a 30 second soundbite.

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Assuming there will be 10 minutes of questions... that leaves 80 minutes for the candidates... divide that by 5 and that's 16 minutes per candidate. So I doubt they'll have a measly 30 seconds to answer a question. Maybe a minute for a question. 2 would be better.

Cyclone177
09-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I can't freakin wait for this debate!! Ron is going to destroy. I can feel it, this week has just been building and building it seems like. A crescendo of Dr. Paul is going to awaken the people. I hope. After watching the VV debate, and then stabbing my eyes out watching the Dem debate last night, I can't understand how people are so dumb. I really can't.

Go Ron!

Bro.Butch
09-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I watched the PBS dem debate and it was the fairest debate I have seen this year. Smiley isn't slanted and OWNED by anyone (I guess). He was fair to Kucinich & Gravel. I was looking forward to RP given equal time. I didn't know the other guys were scared of "BLACK FOLKES". They won't ever be elected President without 10-15 % of their votes. OH well, I'm glad they chickened out, it means more time for RP. When did Keyes announce ???

Everyone needs to contact all their friends and family to tune in !!! Dr. Paul will have the best opportunity to get his message out tonite as he will anytime in this campaign.

Everyone needs to contact sceptic friends and relatives to tune in tonite. RP will be allowed equal time. That's the most we can hope for in a debate ....:cool: