PDA

View Full Version : Typical: Swine Flu Vaccine Kills Americans; Leak Reveals Concern of Neurologists

Epic
08-15-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

A warning that the new swine flu jab is linked to a deadly nerve disease has been sent by the Government to senior neurologists in a confidential letter.
The letter from the Health Protection Agency, the official body that oversees public health, has been leaked to The Mail on Sunday, leading to demands to know why the information has not been given to the public before the vaccination of millions of people, including children, begins.
It tells the neurologists that they must be alert for an increase in a brain disorder called Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), which could be triggered by the vaccine.
GBS attacks the lining of the nerves, causing paralysis and inability to breathe, and can be fatal.
The letter, sent to about 600 neurologists on July 29, is the first sign that there is concern at the highest levels that the vaccine itself could cause serious complications.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html#ixzz0OJJ8n1PO

EDIT: Article's title is misleading - the deaths were back from the last vaccine in 1976 - but now neurologists are concerned about a repeat.

Dr.3D
08-15-2009, 08:44 PM
I guess the big question would be, what percentage of those vaccinated get this problem?

Epic
08-15-2009, 08:47 PM
I guess the big question would be, what percentage of those vaccinated get this problem?

I am predicting problems just cause people these days tend to have run-down immune systems, etc.

This could be a wake-up call for a lot of people about their government.

pcosmar
08-15-2009, 08:52 PM

Ah,you must be a Gambler.

This is truly high stakes and too rich for my blood.
Besides odds are in the favor of my immune system.

Dr.3D
08-15-2009, 08:58 PM
From the first article I notice the incidence of that happening was 1 in 1.6 million vaccinations. Doesn't seem like a very high chance of it happening to me.

I guess if we watch and see what happens in Great Britain, it won't take long to know if it starts to happen again.

pcosmar
08-15-2009, 09:15 PM
Took a min to find it,

Willing to bet your life on that?

After it's become well known what government has done in the past?

And if you suffer a bad reaction that disables, deforms or kills you, you can't sue for damages?

Be my guest, but not me.

This is a line in the sand, hot lead issue for me.

Homeless people die after bird flu vaccine trial in Poland

Three Polish doctors and six nurses are facing criminal prosecution after a number of homeless people died following medical trials for a vaccine to the H5N1 bird-flu virus.

By Matthew Day in Warsaw
Published: 4:37PM BST 02 Jul 2008

21 people died after being given the vaccine The medical staff, from the northern town of Grudziadz, are being investigated over medical trials on as many as 350 homeless and poor people last year, which prosecutors say involved an untried vaccine to the highly-contagious virus.

Authorities claim that the alleged victims received £1-2 to be tested with what they thought was a conventional flu vaccine but, according to investigators, was actually an anti bird-flu drug.

The director of a Grudziadz homeless centre, Mieczyslaw Waclawski, told a Polish newspaper that last year, 21 people from his centre died, a figure well above the average of about eight.

Although authorities have yet to prove a direct link between the deaths and the activities of the medical staff, Poland's health minister, Ewa Kopacz, has said that the doctors and nurses involved should not return to their profession.

"It is in the interests of all doctors that those who are responsible for this are punished," the minister added.

Investigators are also probing the possibility that the medical staff may have also have deceived the pharmaceutical companies that commissioned the trials.

The suspects said that the all those involved knew that the trial involved an anti-H5N1 drug and willingly participated.

The news of the investigation will come as another blow to the reputation of Poland's beleaguered and poverty-stricken national health service. In 2002, a number of ambulance medics were found guilty of killing their patients for commissions from funeral companies

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/poland/2235676/Homeless-people-die-after-bird-flu-vaccine-trial-in-Poland.html

add to this the news of Baxter Pharm. creating a deadly hybrid vaccine, and a few other stories,,,
It inspires little confidence.

PaulaGem
08-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Guillain-Barre Syndrome is an auto immune disorder.

Those who already have one auto-immune disorder are at heightened risk with the flu vaccines. Since I have an auto-immune thyroid disorder I have always refused the flu vaccine.

tangent4ronpaul
08-16-2009, 01:24 AM

0.17 per 100,000

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15562126

Guillain-Barré syndrome following influenza vaccination.Haber P, DeStefano F, Angulo FJ, Iskander J, Shadomy SV, Weintraub E, Chen RT.
Immunization Safety Branch, Epidemiology and Surveillance Division, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Ga 30333, USA. PHaber@cdc.gov

CONTEXT: An unexplained increase in the risk of Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) occurred among recipients of the swine influenza vaccine in 1976-1977. Guillain-Barre syndrome remains the most frequent neurological condition reported after influenza vaccination to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) since its inception in 1990. OBJECTIVE: To evaluate trends of reports to VAERS of GBS following influenza vaccination in adults. DESIGN, SETTING, AND PARTICIPANTS: VAERS is the US national spontaneous reporting system for adverse events following vaccination. Reports of GBS in persons 18 years or older following influenza vaccination were evaluated for each influenza season from July 1, 1990, through June 30, 2003. The number of people vaccinated was estimated from the National Health Interview Survey and US census data. Beginning in 1994, active follow-up was conducted to verify GBS diagnosis and obtain other clinical details. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: Reporting rates of GBS following influenza vaccination over time. RESULTS: From July 1990 through June 2003, VAERS received 501 reports of GBS following influenza vaccination in adults. The median onset interval (13 days) was longer than that of non-GBS reports of adverse events after influenza vaccine (1 day) (P<.001). The annual reporting rate decreased 4-fold from a high of 0.17 per 100,000 vaccinees in 1993-1994 to 0.04 in 2002-2003 (P<.001). A GBS diagnosis was confirmed in 82% of reports. Preceding illness within 4 weeks of vaccination was identified in 24% of reported cases. CONCLUSIONS: From 1990 to 2003, VAERS reporting rates of GBS after influenza vaccination decreased. The long onset interval and low prevalence of other preexisting illnesses are consistent with a possible causal association between GBS and influenza vaccine. These findings require additional research, which can lead to a fuller understanding of the causes of GBS and its possible relationship with influenza vaccine.

PMID: 15562126 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

-t

Dr.3D
08-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Ah,you must be a Gambler.

This is truly high stakes and too rich for my blood.
Besides odds are in the favor of my immune system.

0.17 per 100,000

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15562126 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15562126)

Guillain-Barré syndrome following influenza vaccination.Haber P, DeStefano F, Angulo FJ, Iskander J, Shadomy SV, Weintraub E, Chen RT.
Immunization Safety Branch, Epidemiology and Surveillance Division, National Immunization Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Ga 30333, USA. PHaber@cdc.gov

CONTEXT: An unexplained increase in the risk of Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) occurred among recipients of the swine influenza vaccine in 1976-1977. Guillain-Barre syndrome remains the most frequent neurological condition reported after influenza vaccination to the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) since its inception in 1990. OBJECTIVE: To evaluate trends of reports to VAERS of GBS following influenza vaccination in adults. DESIGN, SETTING, AND PARTICIPANTS: VAERS is the US national spontaneous reporting system for adverse events following vaccination. Reports of GBS in persons 18 years or older following influenza vaccination were evaluated for each influenza season from July 1, 1990, through June 30, 2003. The number of people vaccinated was estimated from the National Health Interview Survey and US census data. Beginning in 1994, active follow-up was conducted to verify GBS diagnosis and obtain other clinical details. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURE: Reporting rates of GBS following influenza vaccination over time. RESULTS: From July 1990 through June 2003, VAERS received 501 reports of GBS following influenza vaccination in adults. The median onset interval (13 days) was longer than that of non-GBS reports of adverse events after influenza vaccine (1 day) (P<.001). The annual reporting rate decreased 4-fold from a high of 0.17 per 100,000 vaccinees in 1993-1994 to 0.04 in 2002-2003 (P<.001). A GBS diagnosis was confirmed in 82% of reports. Preceding illness within 4 weeks of vaccination was identified in 24% of reported cases. CONCLUSIONS: From 1990 to 2003, VAERS reporting rates of GBS after influenza vaccination decreased. The long onset interval and low prevalence of other preexisting illnesses are consistent with a possible causal association between GBS and influenza vaccine. These findings require additional research, which can lead to a fuller understanding of the causes of GBS and its possible relationship with influenza vaccine.

PMID: 15562126 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

-t

Looks to me like I'm not so much of a gambler as one might wish to believe. If the above post is true, the odds are higher for me to get the flu than to have a problem with the vaccination.

pcosmar
08-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Looks to me like I'm not so much of a gambler as one might wish to believe. If the above post is true, the odds are higher for me to get the flu than to have a problem with the vaccination.

21 people died after being given the vaccine The medical staff, from the northern town of Grudziadz, are being investigated over medical trials on as many as 350 homeless and poor people last year, which prosecutors say involved an untried vaccine to the highly-contagious virus.

21 out of 350.
might recalculate, my math ain't great, but that don't look like good odds.
It's not the same as this,
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2009/02/27/8560781.html

“At this juncture we are confident in saying that public health and occupational risk is minimal at present,” medical officer Roberta Andraghetti said from Copenhagen, Denmark.

“But what remains unanswered are the circumstances surrounding the incident in the Baxter facility in Orth-Donau.”

But it does not inspire confidence.