PDA

View Full Version : Man puts drugs in mouth, cop breaks his neck.

Expatriate
08-15-2009, 05:05 PM
http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/07/13/suspect-puts-drugs-in-his-mouth-cop-breaks-his-neck/

A 42-year-old Louisiana man has died, apparently of a broken neck, after being pulled over by a police deputy.

A dash cam video shows Deputy Chris Sturdivant of the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office with his arms around Adam Stogner’s neck after the officer suspected the man of putting a small quantity of drugs into his mouth.

Stogner died along Interstate 12. Preliminary results from the coroner show that Stogner died from “severe coronary artery disease, an enlarged heart, and a fracture of the hyoid bone in his neck.”

According to CBS affiliate WAFB, the sheriff’s office says Stogner did not put his truck in park when he was pulled over. This may have led the officer to believe Stogner was planning to flee the scene. And the deputy believed Stogner was impaired.

A substantial portion of the dash cam video can be seen here.

This video is from Fox News, broadcast July 13, 2009.
(see above link for Fox News video)

Dash cam vid
YouTube - louisiana; dash cam shows police choke man to death for drugs in his mouth july 11 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SoBn86IPTE)

amy31416
08-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Just terrible. Another victim of the drug war with it's zealots enforcing it.

However, I don't think the guy will get much sympathy considering the cops may have been trained to get people to spit drugs out in order to prevent OD's, not to mention that he could have seriously hurt someone being that wasted while driving. The cop should have just taken him in.

Oh, and it's pretty obvious that the cop didn't mean to kill him.

JeNNiF00F00
08-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Stupid pigs.

Time for Change
08-15-2009, 08:09 PM
The way I see it, there are 3 cops to be tried for murder.

satchelmcqueen
08-15-2009, 08:09 PM
WOW! I just watched 2 cops slowly murder a man. the hyoid bone is actually under your tounge. it is the only bone in the body NOT connected to another. it just adds and helps support the tongue and fleshy parts in that area. to break that bone shows the force that cop must have used when he had hold of the guys throat area.

torchbearer
08-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Stupid pigs.

oink.

dr. hfn
08-15-2009, 08:20 PM
jail for life for these thugs!

Original_Intent
08-15-2009, 08:28 PM
And the coroner has the balls to list cause of death as "severe coronary artery disease, and enlarged heart"... and oh yeah, a broken neck.

It just repulses me the way they cover for each other - if YOU broke a cop's neck, and he had an enlarged heart do you think it would get listed as a cause of death?

:mad:

puppetmaster
08-15-2009, 09:03 PM
wonder why they edited out those ten seconds....24:20

Arklatex
08-15-2009, 09:52 PM
God help us

South Park Fan
08-16-2009, 12:08 AM
They should get the chair.

Sandra
08-16-2009, 12:21 AM
This happened just a few miles from where I live. The Livingston Parish Sheriffs Office never checks out their deputies before hire. One working there that had a felony conviction after beating my step sister (they were dating). We made sure he was fired.

youngbuck
08-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Absolutely horrible. :(

hotbrownsauce
08-16-2009, 01:44 AM
Excuse my language but this really pissed me off. There is no reason this kind of force should be used on any person who is non-violent. This treatment is absolutely absurd. No damn excuse! NONE! The cops should be charged with MURDER. I've read some other thoughts in different forums about this. Many say the officer is justified and this is what many officers are trained to do. The drug war and every illegal actions by Gov. need to be halted A.S.A.P.

mrsat_98
08-16-2009, 06:07 AM
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Rochin+v.+California

We should flood the federal court with Afidiavits of Information 18 USC 4 this video, and any other press material we can get our hands on. Then list the crimminal violations we believe to be true. Take them straight out of 18 USC.

Real simple based on what we witnessed we belive these crimes where committed.

brandon
08-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Repost, but this still makes me rage. The first cop on the scene deserves to die, and the cops that show up later should all be fired.

BillyDkid
08-16-2009, 09:36 AM
How is this not murder??? In what universe could this possibly not be murder??? Or at the very least, manslaughter.

pacelli
08-16-2009, 09:45 AM
If the cop wanted to get some drugs, then why didn't he go out and buy them? What's with the thuggery?

carmaphob
08-16-2009, 10:35 AM
wonder why they edited out those ten seconds....24:20

I thought the same thing.

devil21
08-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I thought the same thing.

It's probably the part where the cop admits they killed the guy to dispatch.

Brian4Liberty
08-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Many say the officer is justified and this is what many officers are trained to do. The drug war and every illegal actions by Gov. need to be halted A.S.A.P.

Yep. Standard Police tactics are dangerous and deplorable. The assumption is that every citizen is a drug crazed, armed, muscle-bound felon who can kill officers with their breath alone. Unfortunately, even big guys can be delicate. It's the same with tazers. A certain percentage of people will die from being tazed. It's a random death penalty.

On the other hand, anyone who walks up to a cop with drugs in his hand, who then puts them in his mouth and refuses to spit them out is a candidate for a Darwin Award...

Spot the Fed
08-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Yep. Standard Police tactics are dangerous and deplorable. The assumption is that every citizen is a drug crazed, armed, muscle-bound felon who can kill officers with their breath alone. Unfortunately, even big guys can be delicate. It's the same with tazers. A certain percentage of people will die from being tazed. It's a random death penalty.

On the other hand, anyone who walks up to a cop with drugs in his hand, who then puts them in his mouth and refuses to spit them out is a candidate for a Darwin Award...

I frequent another forum that is chock full of neocons, I posted this vid and they all sucked the cop's cack.

'cops have to protect their safety' blah blah blah. Any level of citizen death is automatically chalked up to 'officer safety'.

Got me thinking, exactly how dangerous is being a cop?

Here is how dangerous. Here is a list of professions with a higher mortality rate per hour worked.

fishermen
ranchers
farmers
garbagemen
iron workers
pilots
loggers
construction workers

There is a few more

It is about as dangerous to be a cop as it is to be a taxi driver or an electrician. No joke.

So much for the holster sniffers.

mport1
08-17-2009, 09:16 PM
One more case in the long line of cases demonstrating why government police must be abolished.

t0rnado
08-17-2009, 10:03 PM
The cop obviously didn't get to see what was in the guy's hand before he put it in his mouth because he kept saying, "Open your fist." It could have been candy for all he knew, so he had no real justification for harming that man. Even if drug tests concluded that the whatever the man ate was a drug, the cop could not have known that prior to breaking his neck.

Reason
08-18-2009, 02:17 AM
/vomit