PDA

View Full Version : My Senator wrote back about the Read the Bills Act

tangent4ronpaul
08-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Looks like a form letter.

If you want to join the campaign to get this and the Write the Bills Act passed, go to DownsizeDC.org and contact them using their mail tool. An overview of talking points and the proposed legislation is also there.

Dear Mr. Tangent:

Thanks for getting in touch with me to express your concerns about transparency in the legislative process. It's great to hear from you.

I carefully review legislation before I vote on it. I consider the merits of the legislation and the potential impact on Marylanders and on our nation. I also support transparency in our government today. Taxpayers need to be able to review legislation to make sure that the government is serious about being a good steward of their money. When the government uses taxpayer dollars, my priorities are transparency, integrity, and accountability. I do not support wasteful spending on programs that have no value to our nation. I believe that both parties can work together to attack wasteful spending at its root.

I appreciate your suggestions for improving the legislative process. Your views will be helpful to me should the Senate considering our rules and proceedings in the future.

Again, thanks for getting in touch. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

AJ Antimony
08-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Looks like a form letter that they can send for everything--from 'please read the bills' to 'how are you?'

Kylie
08-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Take what she's said, and bounce it up against her vote for:

the TARP bailout crap
the Recovery-stimulus crap

And if either was a YEA, then please hand her her ass. Because she sure the fuck didn't read either of those....and if she did, then she's the best speedreader in the entire universe.

And is all about the pork.

That's the issue I have with my rep....he is the incumbent, been in for 20+ years, but is actually voting the way I want him to, so I can't in good faith kick him to the curb.

But the senators....gone. Durbin and Burris are POS in my opinion. Neither give a rat's ass about their constituents and have yet to vote on something the way I've requested. Hell, I don't think Burris has voted on anything. :o