PDA

View Full Version : Most Call Themselves Conservatives

Bradley in DC
08-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Most Call Themselves Conservatives
"The strength of 'conservative' over 'liberal' in the realm of political labels is vividly apparent in Gallup's state-level data, where a significantly higher percentage of Americans in most states -- even some solidly Democratic ones -- call themselves conservative rather than liberal."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/122333/Political-Ideology-Conservative-Label-Prevails-South.aspx

bunklocoempire
08-14-2009, 06:17 PM
I do believe I've been de-programmed, I hear the as used current terms conservative and liberal and I first think of this.... :) Feels pretty dang good too!

From What does Freedom Really Mean? -Ron Paul

"...Orwell certainly was right about the use of meaningless words in politics. If we hope to remain free, we must cut through the fog and attach concrete meanings to the words politicians use to deceive us. We must reassert that America is a

republic, not a democracy, and remind ourselves that the Constitution places limits on government that no majority can overrule. We must resist any use of the word “freedom” to describe state action. We must reject the current meaningless

designations of “liberals” and “conservatives,” in favor of an accurate term for both: statists..."

Bunkloco