PDA

View Full Version : whoa, wait, what? theres a debate on tonight?

krott5333
09-27-2007, 03:43 PM
is it nationally televised?

where the heck have I been?

Marshall
09-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Pbs

Paulitician
09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Check your local PBS website!

OptionsTrader
09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com

click the upcoming events to stay informed.

http://i23.tinypic.com/r9lxeb.jpg (http://www.ronpaul2008.com)

DjLoTi
09-27-2007, 03:53 PM
www.ronpaulradio.com ;)

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
09-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Could this debate possibly reach more of the older (read richer:D ) Reagan types who don't have cable or the internet?? Will this boost our meter just a bit??

Or, is the absence of the "top tier" going to keep the audience small for this debate??

ItsTime
09-27-2007, 04:09 PM
wait till after the debates and watch that donation number soar!!!!!!!

Taco John
09-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I won't get to view this debate until Sunday...

Danny Molina
09-27-2007, 04:13 PM
It airing tonight on PBS thanks to the support of viewers like you!

JPFromTally
09-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Does it anyone else find it ironic that Ron Paul is debating on PBS?

After all, PBS and NPR are largely funded by the Corp. for Public Broadcasting, a federal agency. Just like the federal government throws money at Amtrak, a train company that nobody patronizes, the federal government throws money at PBS, a network that nobody watches.

Personally, if I was president I would immediately defund PBS and NPR. This isn't Britain and we don't need anything resembling the BBC.

FreedomLover
09-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Could this debate possibly reach more of the older (read richer:D ) Reagan types who don't have cable or the internet?? Will this boost our meter just a bit??

Or, is the absence of the "top tier" going to keep the audience small for this debate??

A lot of older people watch pbs. I think this will help a lot with the retired who probably watch it along with local news or the mcneil lehrer news hour, and who don't use computers.

Danny Molina
09-27-2007, 04:18 PM

After all, PBS and NPR are largely funded by the Corp. for Public Broadcasting, a federal agency. Just like the federal government throws money at Amtrak, a train company that nobody patronizes, the federal government throws money at PBS, a network that nobody watches.

Personally, if I was president I would immediately defund PBS and NPR. This isn't Britain and we don't need anything resembling the BBC.

It only costs about $30 bucks to fund PBS for the entire year. I don't think it's that much of an issue. Tonights sets were probably made by preschoolers.

paulitics
09-27-2007, 04:20 PM
This is a great venue to win over democrats. Yes, especially the college professor types. You know who I'm talking about. They love PBS.

Ebuchholz
09-27-2007, 04:22 PM

.... Sigh... let's get rid of the IRS first.

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 04:24 PM
I won't get to view this debate until Sunday...

You can watch it online, I think.

Dustancostine
09-27-2007, 04:41 PM
You can watch it online, I think.

Link? Where?

BuddyRey
09-27-2007, 04:47 PM

DUDE!!! PBS is the greatest! Nobody watches it because it's the only television network that doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator with reality shows and sappy, mindless sitcoms. I'm not a fan of government-run television or media, but PBS is my only respite from the completely debased and puerile wasteland of commercial "news" channels!

awigo50
09-27-2007, 04:47 PM
It only costs about $30 bucks to fund PBS for the entire year. I don't think it's that much of an issue. Tonights sets were probably made by preschoolers.

PBS gets about 40 million a year from the goverment... not too much. Not what the goverment should be doing, but not that big a deal.

Danny Molina
09-27-2007, 04:50 PM
PBS gets about 40 million a year from the goverment... not too much. Not what the goverment should be doing, but not that big a deal.

Really? I bet someone at PBS is swimming in a pool of $39.5million at this very moment.

SwooshOU
09-27-2007, 05:04 PM
And imagine all the $40 millions that "aren't that much" that are spread over hundreds or thousands of causes that the government funds.