Great Western Railway & Great Plains Express Engineering Consortium
$800 million for Land Acquisition & Lay-out
Dwight Beranek, Railroad Designer, Army Corps of Engineers,
William Herzog, Herzog Railroad Construction
Paul Copeland, Beatty-Balfour Rail Inc.
William M. Stout, Atlas Railroad Construction
Jeffrey M. Levy, Railworks Inc
Lorenzo Simonelli, GE Transportation
John Cavanaugh, Electro-Motive Diesel Inc.
Jens Soeby, Vestas Wind Systems
John Krenicki, Jr., GE Energy,
WSC Headquarters & 21 Plantations Consortium
$200 million for Land Acquisition & Lay-out
Michael Graves, Michael Graves Associates, Architect for Cheyenne, WSC
Headquarters, Great Hall Design for 21 Plantations, 31 Passenger &
Freight Train Stations
Wes Jackson, The Land Institute, Plantation Perennials
Prof. Joseph Thomasson, Ft. Hays State University, Greenhouses & Great
Plains Horticulture
Ernie Els, 18-Fairway Plantation Design
Retief Goosen, 18-Fairway Plantation Design
Proposed Honorary, Project Consultants
Mayor of Pueblo, Dave Galli
Mayor of Colorado Springs, Lionel Rivera
Mayor of Denver, John Hickenlooper
City Manager of Greeley, Roy H. Otto
City Manager of Ft. Collins, Darin Atteberry
Governor, C.L. Otter
Mayor of Idaho Falls, Jared Fuhriman
Chairman of Ft. Hall/Pocatello, Alonzo A. Coby
Mayor of Wichita, Carl Brewer
Governor, Brian Schweitzer,
Mayor of Billings, Ron Tussing
City Manager of Bozeman, Chris Kukulski
Mayor of Butte, Paul Babb
Governor, Dave Heineman,
Mayor of Lincoln, Chris Beutler
Governor, John Hoeven,
Mayor of Fargo, Dennis Walaker
Governor, Brad Henry
Mayor of Oklahoma City, Mick Cornett
Governor, Mike Rounds,
Congresswoman Stephanie Herseth-Sandlin
Mayor of Sioux Falls, Dave Munson
Governor, Rick Perry,
Congressman, Ron Paul
Mayor of McAllen, Richard F. Cortez
Mayor of Laredo, Raul G. Salinas
Mayor of Del Rio, Efrain V. Valdez
Mayor of Midland, Wes Perry
Mayor of Lubbock, Tom Martin
Mayor of Amarillo, Debra McCartt
Mayor of Logan, Randy Watts
Mayor of Ogden, Matthew R. Godfrey
Mayor of Salt Lake City, Ralph Becker
Mayor of Provo, Lewis K. Billings
Governor, Dave Freudenthal,
Mayor of Cheyenne, Jack Spiker
Mayor of Laramie, Klaus Hanson
Mayor of Casper, Paul Bertoglio
Mayor of Sheridan, Dave Kinskey

Distinguished Friends...

Just as a survey question, I would ask the reader when the last time was that he can recall a news item concerning the "South Vietnamese".

I ask this question because there was a time when that is all one heard about.

Having lost 60,000 troops defending the South Vietnamese against the North Vietnamese...just as a Trip down Memory Lane, one might like to know how these Southerners are doing these days.

More to the point...Has there ever been such a people as the "South Vietnamese"?

I'm sure a couple of weeks ago I gave many of you a good laugh when I admitted to being a big fan of the "Harry Potter" series...but I know very well that Harry is a make-believe character. While I may have my faults, I would not be inclined to send 60,000 of my fellow countrymen to an early death to defend Hogwarts Academy from the forces of Lord Voldemort....which brings me to the subject of North Korea.

Korea, like Vietnam is a proper Nation & an ancient Nation...& the reason it is currently divided is the same reason that Vietnam was once divided...because the United States Armed Forces are dividing it.

For the past twenty years, our Government has been protesting the military ambitions of North Korea...& today, puts "Top Priority" on its mission to make the Korean Peninsula a "Nuclear-weapons-free Zone.

With the Austrian State Treaty of 1955, there is already a perfectly good protocol, already in place, for doing just that.

According to "Austrian, State-Treaty Protocols", North Korea, South Korea, the United States, Russia, China & Japan would be invited to Belvedere Palace in Vienna...& with UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon seated at a table, the Six Parties would sign a Treaty stating that the two Koreas shall make their States free of "Chemical, Biological, & Nuclear Weapons as well as free of Foreign Troops & Military Alliances".

Dead simple.

I would know this because the architect of the Austrian State Treaty of 1955, the late Dr. Bruno Kreisky, over coffee in Stockholm, back in the early 1980s, went over it with me in some detail

The occasion was a meeting of the Organization for Security & Co-operation in Europe in which Kreisky, well-known in Sweden, as he had spent WWII in that country, was the featured speaker & the Star of the Show.

Kreisky had known who I was through a brief correspondence, & so, one morning at the Foreign Ministry (the "Utrikesministeriet" in the Swedish language) we held a one-on-one lasting over an hour.

Kreisky invited me to attend a press conference he was holding that afternoon at 3...& I told him I would be delighted to come...but as I had a class to teach that afternoon that ended at 3, I was going to be five or ten minutes late.

Kreisky pointed to the tall, oaken door near where we were seated, as the room where we he would be holding this conference...&, on that note, I left.

Returning a little after 3 as I said I would, I saw the corridor deserted...& not wishing to barge in on a conference in progress, I put my ear to the door...but heard nothing. As I knew I had the right room, I slowly opened the door, & saw a couple of hundred attendees turn to look my way.

"Well, well" said Dr. Bruno, "Herr Yuhas has arrived. I believe we can start now".

I enjoy recalling that.

Witnesses to the event might include Richard Perle (who had black hair at the time), & a tall, schoolboy, Carl Bildt...(who, pretty much, is still one).

America's Great Green Hope

Like the great Transcontinental Railroad Project back in the mid-19th Century, America's emergence from Recession is a project that should begin from opposite sides & meet in the middle.

As banking & finance are not my metier, I am not going to play the expert on the Trickle-down Theory" that appears to motivate the "Great, New York, Bank Bailout"....BUT...for the purpose of putting hundreds of thousands of unemployed into gainful employment on the Land, I know how this can be done without any help from New York.

1. 30,000 Western State Cavalrymen (veterans of Iraq & Afghanistan) overseeing 30,000 Inmate Infantrymen (State Prison Inmates), in roadside, forest-thinning ops in the Rockies, would remove 15 million, 8-foot timbers for the construction of 3,800 miles of railroad in the Interior West (see my Facebook page, "Profiles").

2. Every country in the US that grows corn or cotton should be obliged to establish at least one Standard-spec, 160-acre, 18-Fairway Community Plantation...with hard-pressed counties given extra Federal help. A County would make the opening move by providing the square, quarter-mile, piece of ground, plowed & disked. Federal help would then be on the way

3. Every farm on a USDA crop program should be required to include Industrial Cannabis in its rotation, as this venerable crop, "America's Great Green Hope", beyond anything that is likely to come out of New York, is what is most likely to put our economy back on its feet.

Cannabis would be coming along at just the right time as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms would be adding two, controlled substances to its repertoire of heavily-taxed commodities...smokable Cannabis & Sucrose.

The new Agency, "C.F.A.T.S." would favor the heftier Agent.

By raising the cost of a 12-oz can of soda to $2, lowering of the Medicare age from 65 to 55 could be paid for...& even more importantly, an epidemic of teen-age diabetes might well be pre-empted.

Cannabis, then, (where the real money is anyway), would take up the slack resulting from the expected, falling price of corn.

To the Insufferably Prissy, the legalization of God's Gift to US Agriculture, may well mean the "End of the World".

We just laugh...& bring out the Hemp Rope.

In the backwoods of Kentucky & Tennessee, however, $2 sugar-water could well spawn a renewal of the local, bootlegging culture.

In the words of Steve Earle we might hear...

"Daddy ran Pepsi in a big, black Dodge

He bought it at an auction at the Masons' lodge

Him & my uncle tore that engine down

I still remember that rumblin' sound"

Best regards,

Boulder, Neo Confederate

David Yuhas

p.s.

"Smokey & the Miracles"

Watching the "Motown Story" on NPR the other night, I learned a surprising fact.

Backing up Smokey Robinson were not only the three, regular Miracles... "Joe", "Larry" & "Tim"...but a female Miracle as well..."Hillary"...whose voice is heard on all recordings, but who, otherwise, was kept out of the picture.

p.p.s.

Is "A Room with a View", one may ask, a British Knock-off of "Breakfast at Tiffany's"?

BAT...Story of adorable Audrey Hepburn & her improbable & chatty friends

RWAV...Story of adorable Helena Bonham-Carter & her improbable & chatty friends

BAT...Story by noted, American Poof

RWAV...Story by noted, English Poof

BAT...Romantic theme music by Mancini

YouTube - moon river-breakfast at tiffany´s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOByH_iOn88)

RWAV...Romantic theme music by Puccini

YouTube - O mio babbino caro - Kiri Te Kanawa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDOCONwjbwg)

BAT...Romantic ending outdoors in the rain

RWAV...Romantic ending indoors on a nice day

p.p.p.s.

YouTube - Steve Earle - Copperhead Road (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc86_Weoye0)