PDA

View Full Version : Zogby is full of B.S

paulitics
08-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Zogby Poll: Majority Favors Clean Energy Bill and Wants Senate to Take Action http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1730

First of all, this is a very deceptive headline. You can't take the results of one biased poll, and then state that this poll reflects the majority sentiment of voters.
There is no way in hell, anywhere close to 70% of voters favor the horrific climate change legislation that passed the house.

This is how the poll was phrased.

"The House of Representatives recently passed the American Clean Energy and Security Act, which would require electric power companies to generate 20 percent of their power from clean, renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar, by the year 2020. Also included is a global warming plan which would reduce greenhouse gases from sources like power plants and factories by 17 percent, and an energy efficiency plan which includes new appliance standards and building codes to conserve energy."

Obviously the average person has no idea what is in the bill is, or what it costs, or even what this poll question is truly asking. It is a biased question, by a biased organization (National Wildlife Federation)who took the poll. If Zogby is to remain credible they need to remain neutral, not spinmasters for the global warming special interests.

And we should not think that polls like this won't matter, because liberals will sure enough try and use this biased push poll to score points during debates.

You can leave comments here.
http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1730

BlackTerrel
08-14-2009, 12:27 PM
This is how the poll was phrased.

"The House of Representatives recently passed the American Clean Energy and Security Act, which would require electric power companies to generate 20 percent of their power from clean, renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar, by the year 2020. Also included is a global warming plan which would reduce greenhouse gases from sources like power plants and factories by 17 percent, and an energy efficiency plan which includes new appliance standards and building codes to conserve energy."

Hahahaha gotta love it don't you? They might as well ask "do you support saving puppies"? These questions are all about how they are phrased.

KCIndy
08-14-2009, 02:50 PM
These questions are all about how they are phrased.

Exactly!!

I have been on their email polling list for the last five or six years (maybe longer, I can't remember when I first signed up for these).

For the last year or so, I've noticed their polling method has changed drastically. They seem to be doing a lot of polling with a directed result in mind. Many of their answer choices no longer have any sort of libertarian choice as a response. (something like, "who do you agree with? Obama or Limbaugh?" or, "Should troops be left in Baghdad, or repositioned in fortified bases outside the city?")

Well, hell, talk about being between the devil and deep blue sea...

I've written comments/complaints to them about this, but so far there's been no response. If it doesn't change, I'm not participating in their polls any longer.

ScoutsHonor
08-14-2009, 03:40 PM
I thought they all were? :cool::mad: