PDA

View Full Version : December 16th Tea Party!

Elwar
08-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Ok, so it appears that some neo-cons have been trying to hijack the Tea Party theme from us. They're the ones who set up the location and guest speakers so they get to determine the message of the protest in the eyes of the media.

Why don't we plan a country-wide Tea Party protest for December 16th with our message in the forefront (maybe combined with a Rand/Schiff $50/$50 moneybomb).

We set up the location and coordinate the speakers and invite those who have been going to the other Tea Parties, but without allowing them to be hijacked by the Gingrich types.

Thoughts?

Elwar
08-14-2009, 08:00 AM
With the moneybombs we could have some people bring in their mobile laptops for people to line up and donate to the Rand/Schiff moneybomb at the protest.

itshappening
08-14-2009, 08:04 AM
make it at the weekend, although it's just a few days before xmas.. but more people will be able to attend, also will people come out in the cold :)

Chester Copperpot
08-14-2009, 08:05 AM
we need to do another November 5th too. The neo-cons will be like wtf... always stay a step ahead of them

dr. hfn
08-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Are you referring to the 9/12 March on DC? I think we should go there and force our message into the spotlight. Maybe EndFed.us could announce a ne wave of End the Fed protests.

Elwar
08-14-2009, 08:21 PM
we need to do another November 5th too. The neo-cons will be like wtf... always stay a step ahead of them

The fact that the media is all up in arms about the town hall people "threatening violence", I'd say celebrating a day revolving around blowing up buildings wouldn't be good for us.

Epic
08-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Regarding moneybombs, the last day of September would be a good day, because that is the last day in the 3rd quarter, so fundraising numbers will be reported to the FEC then, and newspapers run the numbers on each candidate.

dr. hfn
08-14-2009, 08:50 PM
November 5th FTW!

torchbearer
08-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Regarding moneybombs, the last day of September would be a good day, because that is the last day in the 3rd quarter, so fundraising numbers will be reported to the FEC then, and newspapers run the numbers on each candidate.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1370/1449985644_89daa50863_o.jpg

Son of Freedom
08-14-2009, 09:26 PM
With the moneybombs we could have some people bring in their mobile laptops for people to line up and donate to the Rand/Schiff moneybomb at the protest.

I always like thinking outside the box and like the idea of enabling people to donate but don't think it will successful in this manner. Would you enter information into a strangers laptop that allows access to your finances?

I don't deal in commerce so I don't have a solution, maybe others here have suggestions.