PDA

View Full Version : Woah, Ferus for Congress?

Ferus
08-14-2009, 04:42 AM
Let's say I run for Congress when I reach the age limit (in 9 years :P), who will support me?

coyote_sprit
08-14-2009, 04:43 AM
That implies the federal government will still have a congress in 9 years.

Ferus
08-14-2009, 04:47 AM
True, but this fascism has been happening for a long time, we're not going to explode all of a sudden (unless Cap and Trade or the government Health Care plan pass! oh nooooo). So anyway, if I get anyone besides the moderators and Joe to support me I will probably be surprised.

coyote_sprit
08-14-2009, 04:52 AM
I'd support a senate run, anything to get rid of that bitch McCaskill or that asshole Kit Bond.

Ferus
08-14-2009, 04:56 AM
I doubt McCaskill will still be here in 9 years though. Everyone hates her, it's only a matter of time before she's not reelected. By the way, I remember seeing an interview with McCaskill where it showed a side view of her.. her nose was like a foot long, she looked so much like a witch. I'm not even kidding... it was scary....

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 04:56 AM
i'd support ya, once i know more about ya and trust ya ;)

Honestly though, i'm one of those people who's not so sure about whether or not effective change can be met with political means. I support political efforts, as much as i can muster, i'm just not as hopeful about their effectiveness in achieving constitutional principles as other members of this forum are. I really hope i'm wrong though, and will continue to support any peaceful means of revolution towards liberty, including the support of my friends who decide to run for office.

one thing is for sure though, if you can run, you should do it! Do whatever you can to help the fight for liberty :)

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 05:01 AM
by the way, are you the guy that was on Vent with us not long ago? :)

If so, welcome bro! Glad you joined the forum.

Ferus
08-14-2009, 05:09 AM
Why yes, yes, I am that person!

I generally don't support violent revolutions and I personally wouldn't secede from the USA but I will support anyone who wishes to secede. I still have hope for the American government if the Campaign For Liberty is successful. I think that once I am eligible to run for Congress many of the people will be sick of fascism, at least slightly. They don't seem too happy about Obama and the past eight years, so I think that I will have a decent chance of winning. Maybe not for federal Congress, but at least for Missouri State Congress.

High five!

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 05:23 AM
Why yes, yes, I am that person!

I generally don't support violent revolutions and I personally wouldn't secede from the USA but I will support anyone who wishes to secede.

very well said. The most important point is that, we must not use force to stop someone from seceding if it is their choice to secede.

Violence and coercion is the part of the process we need to remove. If Texas wants to seced from the union, the only way that would cause a violent problem is if Obama and the FEDS try to force them to not secede.

I still have hope for the American government if the Campaign For Liberty is successful.

Me too! I think he founding fathers were hopeful about the American form of government as well, but they would be sickened if they could see what's going on today.

I think that once I am eligible to run for Congress many of the people will be sick of fascism, at least slightly. They don't seem too happy about Obama and the past eight years, so I think that I will have a decent chance of winning. Maybe not for federal Congress, but at least for Missouri State Congress.

Well, if you're serious about it and true to the message of liberty, you will find support for your run!

Winning would be nice for sure but Political Victory shouldn't be your only goal, as spreading the message is the most important part.

Ron Paul didn't even come close to winning the presidential election but the message received national exposure, and now we just don't stop growing. This just shows how a political campaign can benefit a movement, regardless of the outcome.

High five!

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2008/12/ballmer-yang-high-five.jpg

Ferus
08-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Indeed.
The founding fathers would be starting another American Revolution if they were still alive! :P
The only unfortunate thing about this is that I am perhaps one of the best procrastinators in Missouri. I have said for the last two years that I would run for Class President at my high school but I still haven't done it..

Jack Meihoff
08-20-2009, 09:47 AM
You'd have my vote. And yes Tarpan, you are the master procrastinator. How late was that English essay, two weeks?

kaleidoscope eyes
08-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Anyone who loves bunchies and cornbread the way you do, has my vote of confidence!
:D lol