PDA

View Full Version : Police chief gets owned by Marijuana advocate

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 02:26 AM
YouTube - Legalizing Marijuana: Costs vs Benefits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIAiHJLwmMY)

StudentForPaul08
08-14-2009, 02:37 AM
that was epic LOL

Reason
08-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Win. :cool:

Reason
08-14-2009, 02:43 AM
Love the bullshit comment from the police about going into emergency rooms...

How many people know someone who has gone to the ER with an problem caused from weed?

So dumb it hurts.

And yet I still get the ghastly looks from adults when I laugh at them watching an episode of COPS when I spout off with "LOL yeah! you taze that guy Mr. Officer! I'm sure he will straighten right up now that you've tossed him in a criminal college for a few months and fucked his record up making it a thousand times more difficult to get a legitimate job.

Epic fail on so many levels.

No one thinks.

They just bend the fuck over and take the status quo straight up their ass.

Kotin
08-14-2009, 02:44 AM
anti-fail.

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 03:39 AM
I've watched this like 5 times now. I'm gonna have to use that epic lab rat line, sometime :D

Objectivist
08-14-2009, 03:51 AM
The pro pot crowd loses my vote for legalization when they add taxation to the mix. I'm all for legalizing all drugs but not taxing any of them.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-14-2009, 04:09 AM
haha.

"The advocates are trying to play your emotions. The truth is, POT WILL FUCKING KILL YOUR FAMILY AND RAPE THEM OVER AND OVER AND EAT THEIR FLESH!!!"

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 04:13 AM
The pro pot crowd loses my vote for legalization when they add taxation to the mix. I'm all for legalizing all drugs but not taxing any of them.

yea... i agree but, i'd still vote to legalize it with a tax, if given the option.

Obviously i'm a free-market guy though, but we need to at least get them to stop throwing folks in rape prisons for having the wrong kind of agriculture in their pocket :)

Objectivist
08-14-2009, 04:15 AM
I wonder why aspirin is legal when it kills about 7500 people every year.

Objectivist
08-14-2009, 04:19 AM
yea... i agree but, i'd still vote to legalize it with a tax, if given the option.

Obviously i'm a free-market guy though, but we need to at least get them to stop throwing folks in rape prisons for having the wrong kind of agriculture in their pocket :)

Taxing it only creates a new crime, one that allows the government to confiscate your wealth and property if you fail to comply.

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 04:21 AM
Taxing it only creates a new crime, one that allows the government to confiscate your wealth and property if you fail to comply.

I agree, obviously, but a taxed substance is still better than an illegal substance, that's all im saying. Both are immoral, but 1 more than the other.

nayjevin
08-14-2009, 05:04 AM

I agree too. If it came up to vote, I suppose I would vote to legalize with tax, but I would never make it my effort to push for legalization by convincing folks it will increase state revenue. I fear the debate has been steered to the question of 'how much to tax it when it is legalized,' which in effect is a win for statism and a loss for liberty. Wherever folks are talking about taxing pot, the point that tax is theft ought be brought up as well.

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 05:08 AM
I agree too. If it came up to vote, I suppose I would vote to legalize with tax, but I would never make it my effort to push for legalization by convincing folks it will increase state revenue. I fear the debate has been steered to the question of 'how much to tax it when it is legalized,' which in effect is a win for statism and a loss for liberty. Wherever folks are talking about taxing pot, the point that tax is theft ought be brought up as well.

Agreed.

I think the leftist argument about taxing the drugs tends to be something like. "We can use the tax to help quell the social problems that these substances cause". i.e. use the taxation from alcohol to support rehab programs.

All you have to do is address the fact that alcohol and cigarettes are heavily taxed, yet those taxes do almost nothing to reduce the social problems caused by these drugs. It's up to the individual to seek help for their addictions, not the government.

It's a lot more moral to create jobs than fund a government, that has thrown innocents in jail for having the wrong kind of agriculture in their pocket, for decades.

Expatriate
08-14-2009, 05:15 AM

Yeah, legalizing and taxing it would be much better than the current idiocy, but that's just a stepping stone to getting back to the way it should be in America. I don't know why Objectivist has a problem supporting that.

roho76
08-14-2009, 06:16 AM
You don't want to get taxed on beer? Brew yor own.
You don't want to get taxed on cigarettes? Grow your own tabacco.
You do t want to get taxed on weed? Grow your own.

At least there is a way around the tax. Wish I could say the same for income.

acptulsa
08-14-2009, 07:12 AM

So, it's better to pay taxes on other things to support the war on drugs, and then to pay a markup because the war on drugs adds to the producer's costs, and then pay more in taxes to incarcerate people for nothing, and then pay more in taxes to help people get over being incarcerated for nothing?

s35wf
08-14-2009, 07:31 AM
"the only way to kill a lab rat by pot is to drop 25lbs of it from 25 stories above to kill it-squish it- thats the only way to kill a lab rat with pot" :D

No One Has Ever Died from Pot Overdose :)!

Legalize IT!

also Id like to know when the first guy quotes substance abuse figures, how many of those figures are Directly related to pot??? probably 0. Most are from substances like alcolhol, tobacco, cocaine, meth, heroin, etc...

Oh and alcohol imho is the "gateway drug"!

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 09:43 AM
bump...

Kraig
08-14-2009, 09:47 AM

I agree, by all means, lets ban all taxes.

amy31416
08-14-2009, 10:00 AM

Agreed ever so much.

mczerone
08-14-2009, 10:15 AM
So what are we going to do about the Federal government perpetually claiming that any drug use (outside of FDA approval) is some crime?

Try to change the system from the inside? Fight the police, lobbyists, and entrenched businesses that can't handle the competition from legalized cannabis?

I'd advise starting to choose your actions based on internal factors instead of D.C. or State capital dictates, stop lending your support to the false legitimacy that Positive law currently enjoys.

Kraig
08-14-2009, 12:05 PM

Can't really call it "your own" when you aren't allowed to trade it without paying taxes.

ClayTrainor
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Can't really call it "your own" when you aren't allowed to trade it without paying taxes.

ever heard of "under the table"? ;)

Kraig
08-14-2009, 12:19 PM
ever heard of "under the table"? ;)

Sure but then why complain about anything government does? Just do your own thing under the table.

Objectivist
08-14-2009, 04:53 PM

There would be room for Johnny Appleseed's to spring into action by planting it everywhere there is a source of water. That would create a new problem for the authorities to deal with. Make it worth cost of the tax by giving them something to pay for with it.

RevolutionSD
08-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Legalization with NO TAXATION.