PDA

View Full Version : Death to obama sign holder detained by secret service

almantimes2
08-13-2009, 08:38 PM
http://digg.com/d310eBG
Updated 3:45 PM EDT, Thu, Aug 13, 2009

There were signs comparing President Barack Obama to a Nazi and showing him with an Adolf Hitler-style mustache, but federal officials believe another sign referencing the president and his family went too far.

A man who was holding a sign reading "Death to Obama" Wednesday outside a town hall meeting on health care reform in Hagerstown, Md., has been turned over to the Secret Service.

Washington County Sheriff's Capt. Peter Lazich said the sign also read, "Death to Michelle and her two stupid kids."

Lazich said U.S. Secret Service agents took the unidentified 51-year-old man into custody Wednesday afternoon after deputies detained him near the entrance to Hagerstown Community College

Obama was not at the meeting held Wednesday by Maryland Democratic Sen. Ben Cardin.

Barbara Golden, special agent in charge of the agency's Baltimore field office, said Thursday that an investigation is ongoing but declined further comment. A spokesman at the agency's Washington headquarters also declined to discuss the investigation.

Police said there were no other arrests among the nearly 1,000 people, some carrying protest signs, who came to the college for
the meeting or demonstrated off-campus.

Cardin's national communications director, Sue Walitsky, called the incident "unfortunate." She said she was unaware of it until
Thursday morning.

almantimes2
08-13-2009, 08:43 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/alman783/WOW.png

Im tired of these stupid people giving the media a reason to discredit us.

Flash
08-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I would bet it's an ACORN ploy too.

max
08-13-2009, 08:50 PM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/alman783/WOW.png

Im tired of these stupid people giving the media a reason to discredit us.

I dont think it's one of us. ...and when the next terrorist attack comes....it will be a government op blamed on us

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Again, I find the secret service investigation and arrest within reason.

Bucjason
08-13-2009, 09:07 PM
That IS going to far , free speech does not include the right to threaten someone's life.

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Again, I find the secret service investigation and arrest within reason.

If that ever happened.
One story is being repeated by many.
One is not.
http://your4state.com/content/fulltext/?cid=75771

According to Blackford, the man was not arrested. He was interviewed at the sheriff's office and was allowed to leave after being questioned.

We still don't know the mans name or affiliations,

Curious , No

Greenhouse?

Rael
08-13-2009, 10:41 PM
That IS going to far , free speech does not include the right to threaten someone's life.

I disagree. He should be able to have any sign he wants. For it to be a threat he has to have the capability to carry it out. Plus saying "death to xxxx" does not mean you intend to carry it out, just that you wish for it to happen. And wishing for something is not illegal the last time I checked.

ChaosControl
08-13-2009, 10:49 PM
He did go to far, especially with mentioning the kids. Really disgusting.

Rael
08-13-2009, 10:58 PM
He did go to far, especially with mentioning the kids. Really disgusting.

I don't agree with what he said but I believe he has the right to say it. Unless he is taking actual action and is capable of carrying out this so called "threat" I still see this as a free speech issue.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Smacks of a provocateur.

Lord Xar
08-13-2009, 11:58 PM
findout out who that person is, would be easy, and just a short time later - if he is associated with Acorn. Even if it was a plant, the crumbs will always lead to the cookie jar.

So, can we start by compiling some info?

PaulaGem
08-14-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't agree with what he said but I believe he has the right to say it. Unless he is taking actual action and is capable of carrying out this so called "threat" I still see this as a free speech issue.

Even putting someone else in fear is a breach of their personal rights - you don't get it, do you? My personal opinion is that your post history doesn't make me trust you. In my book you are a troll.

pcosmar
08-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Finding the mans name may be difficult. He was never arrested.
The picture was from an anonymous source, and his face is hidden. (how convenient)
From this story.
http://your4state.com/content/fulltext/?cid=75771

This photo was sent to NBC25 by an anonymous source,

According to Blackford, the man was not arrested. He was interviewed at the sheriff's office and was allowed to leave after being questioned.

And here,
http://www.herald-mail.com/?cmd=displaystory&story_id=228604&format=html

Barbara Golden, special agent in charge of the Secret Service office in Baltimore, confirmed an agent from that office was in Washington County to interview the man Wednesday.

The Secret Service did not take the man into custody, Golden said.

So the guy got the picture and got it published.
No more story.

I smell fish.
Perhaps "Greenhouse" gases.

catdd
08-14-2009, 08:11 AM
I would bet it's an ACORN ploy too.

Wouldn't be surprised.

paulitics
08-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Why was this photo taken with the absence of people/protestors? It seems that if it was just some anonymous stranger who gets close enough to take a picture like that, it would have to be in a crowd situation. Notice the shades, and the sign held up to his face to conceal his identity.

catdd
08-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Cops multi-tase old people for traffic violations but then question and release a guy threatening the President and his family?
The whole thing just sounds too fishy.

Working Poor
08-14-2009, 09:18 AM
I totally believe a private citizen is not capable of getting close enough to the president to kill him. If they did it would be a set up to make it look like a private citizen.

If he gets killed it will be by the type person who killed JFK; cia? fbi? navy intelegence? But, defiantly not by a private citizen. The reason would be because he is actually doing something good for the people instead of tptb.

Don't worry Obama's life is not in any real danger.

kahless
08-14-2009, 09:25 AM
.... especially with mentioning the kids..

It is so over the top I am skeptical of this story. What a perfect way to discredit all protesters by using a guy like this to discredit all protesters.

Either that or the guy has a mental disorder since you would have to know that holding such a sign discredits the movement.