PDA

View Full Version : Authorities raid pot dispensaries in West L.A., Culver City

disorderlyvision
08-13-2009, 02:41 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-pot-raids13-2009aug13,0,7018090.story

Agents also search the homes of the store owners, taking undisclosed items.

Federal authorities and local police agencies raided two Westside marijuana dispensaries Wednesday as well as the residences of the owners.

The raids occurred at a facility on Washington Boulevard in Culver City and on Overland Avenue in Los Angeles. Authorities seized undisclosed items and are continuing their investigation, according to a Drug Enforcement Administration spokesman.

The names of the owners whose homes were searched were not immediately available.

During one of the raids, officers shot a dog believed to be a pit bull, but the circumstances of the shooting remain unclear, a law enforcement spokesman said.

The DEA, FBI, Internal Revenue Service, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Los Angeles Police Department, Torrance Police Department and Culver City Police Department took part in the raids.

Law enforcement agencies have been cracking down on pot dispensaries for some time, but officials did not immediately say what prompted these raids.

youngbuck
08-13-2009, 03:35 PM
During one of the raids, officers shot a dog believed to be a pit bull

I'm convinced this is the favorite pastime of JBTs.

devil21
08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Hmm....didn't Obama promise to stop the DEA from raiding medical marijuana providers in Cali? What's that, broken promise number 546?

Dr.3D
08-13-2009, 04:52 PM
I still say California should protect those dispensaries with the National Guard.

BillyDkid
08-13-2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-pot-raids13-2009aug13,0,7018090.story"Change" is a wonderful thing!

dannno
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Why these two dispensaries?

There are hundreds of dispensaries in LA....there are twice as many in my small town as there are starbucks..

Were they committing some other crime? Or did they just happen to sell to some slimy DEA agent who tricked them with a phony doctor's recommendation?

Flash
08-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Law enforcement agencies have been cracking down on pot dispensaries for some time, but officials did not immediately say what prompted these raids.

Well at least they're focusing on the serious crimes.:rolleyes:

Dr.3D
08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Why these two dispensaries?

There are hundreds of dispensaries in LA....there are twice as many in my small town as there are starbucks..

Were they committing some other crime? Or did they just happen to sell to some slimy DEA agent who tricked them with a phony doctor's recommendation?
Maybe they didn't pay their protection money to the mob.