PDA

View Full Version : Teen arrested for wearing military fatigues

disorderlyvision
08-13-2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.azfamily.com/video/index.html?nvid=388316&shu=1 - news video

Teen dressed in fatigues while hiking arrested
August 11th, 2009azfamily.com's Marissa Wingate reports a teen went hiking in full military fatigues with a fake gun and prompted women to call 911.

torchbearer
08-13-2009, 11:31 AM
i'm speechless.
Like the matrix, every drone citizen around us is potential an agent.

Krugerrand
08-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Teen dressed in fatigues while hiking arrested August 11th, 2009azfamily.com's Marissa Wingate reports a teen went hiking in full military fatigues with a fake gun and prompted women to call 911.

Well, I guess that answers William Kostric's questions "who would be silly enough to carry an unloaded firearm." (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=204954)

Krugerrand
08-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Charged with disorderly conduct "because while the police don't believe he intended to be a disruption, he was."

If that isn't bogus.

torchbearer
08-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Charged with disorderly conduct "because while the police don't believe he intended to be a disruption, he was."

If that isn't bogus.

the person who filed a false report was disruptive to the teens right to travel as he wishes.

moostraks
08-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Disorderly conduct is a crappy catchall for any time you annoy an officer. So is obstruction of a law enforcement officer...

Bet tptb are thrilled they have americans headed down the right path for their control grid.

catdd
08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Bama's snitch patrol in action.

anaconda
08-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Some hot shit lawyer should WANT to take this one on. He or she will make a huge name for themselves. This could be Constitutionally huge.

talkingpointes
08-13-2009, 12:33 PM
"He even went so far as to carry this air soft rifle", lol omg. What a fucking joke, i'm writing the station right now. Then charged him with disorderly conduct what thugs. :mad:

Krugerrand
08-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Some hot shit lawyer should WANT to take this one on. He or she will make a huge name for themselves. This could be Constitutionally huge.

a few phone calls, some time passes, charges get dropped.

RideTheDirt
08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
WTF is wrong with out country!?(what isn't?)

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-13-2009, 01:12 PM
I think the women calling the police seemed reasonable. What would you think if a man is running around in full military gear and a what looks to be a rifle?

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I think the women calling the police seemed reasonable. What would you think if a man is running around in full military gear and a what looks to be a rifle?

Possibly my neighbor. Perhaps Militia training. A hunter. any number of innocent , legal and harmless activities.
Why would someone think otherwise?;)

But then I have seen neighbors hauled away and their Supersoakers confiscated by police because a neighbor call about gun fights.
Friggin' stupid busybodies.

NerveShocker
08-13-2009, 01:27 PM

Yeah.. I can obviously see both sides. Honestly full military gear and what from a distance looks like a fully automatic weapon. Who wouldn't be concerned? I understand he was training and wanted it to be as realistic as possible, but bringing the air soft doesn't seem like a good way to do that. It's probably half as heavy as a real gun anyways, not very realistic. If he were charged with a crime then I would be angered by this but since he wasn't (since he committed no crime) I think it was handled well. I'm just glad the cops didn't overreact and get guns involved.. then again they probably figured they're outgunned. Heh.

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah.. I can obviously see both sides. Honestly full military gear and what from a distance looks like a fully automatic weapon. Who wouldn't be concerned? I understand he was training and wanted it to be as realistic as possible, but bringing the air soft doesn't seem like a good way to do that. It's probably half as heavy as a real gun anyways, not very realistic.

What is wrong with training??

YouTube - SMVM - SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN VOLUNTEER MILITIA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz4wcT8QrKc)

Krugerrand
08-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Yeah.. I can obviously see both sides. Honestly full military gear and what from a distance looks like a fully automatic weapon. Who wouldn't be concerned? I understand he was training and wanted it to be as realistic as possible, but bringing the air soft doesn't seem like a good way to do that. It's probably half as heavy as a real gun anyways, not very realistic. If he were charged with a crime then I would be angered by this but since he wasn't (since he committed no crime) I think it was handled well. I'm just glad the cops didn't overreact and get guns involved.. then again they probably figured they're outgunned. Heh.

He was charged with disorderly conduct.

NerveShocker
08-13-2009, 01:40 PM
What is wrong with training??

YouTube - SMVM - SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN VOLUNTEER MILITIA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz4wcT8QrKc)

I didn't say anything is wrong with training. I said "I understand that he was training". I just think going to the park with full military gear and what looks like a real gun is illogical. He should have known that the gun could be mistaken for a real gun considering he is wearing all military gear. I'm totally in support of 2nd Amendment rights and for example I support the man who recently attended an Obama rally in New Hampshire with his lawfully owned gun.

~Edit: Weren't the charges of disorderly conduct dropped?
Double Edit: Cool video.. didn't know there's a southeast Michigan Militia.. that's not too far from me.

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 01:48 PM
I just think going to the park with full military gear and what looks like a real gun is illogical.
Why?

As a teen I routinely carried a rifle, and some times on my bike.
I shot every Sunday at a local range. And walked or rode a bike there.

Things have gone very wrong. But this kid did NOTHING wrong.

A gun should be as common as a hat.

NerveShocker
08-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Why?

As a teen I routinely carried a rifle, and some times on my bike.
I shot every Sunday at a local range. And walked or rode a bike there.

Things have gone very wrong. But this kid did NOTHING wrong.

A gun should be as common as a hat.

Yeah but he wasn't going to the local range to go shooting.. he went to the local park for a run.. and decided to bring this gun with him. I just don't see the logic behind it. If he wanted extra weight for training there other ways than to bring an air soft gun with you.

Endgame
08-13-2009, 02:01 PM
No kid didn't do anything wrong. Nonetheless...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x35/ajinjax/giposeroz2.jpg

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah but he wasn't going to the local range to go shooting.. he went to the local park for a run.. and decided to bring this gun with him. I just don't see the logic behind it. If he wanted extra weight for training there other ways than to bring an air soft gun with you.

Dang.
Perhaps we need more armed picnics in the park. More armed rallies.
So that stupid shit will stop. They FREAKED out because a man had a gun on his hip. That should be normal.
It was 2nd Amendment issues that got me involved. There are a great many issues facing this country. This one is important.
Events like this.
http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2009/05/13/news/01guns.txt

Or this,
YouTube - MI: Gun Owners Openly Carrying Handguns At Family Picnic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6OyJPdNSk)

NerveShocker
08-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Good for those people standing up on their rights. I noticed I didn't see any air soft rifles with them, or military gear for that matter. Probably because their goal isn't to scare people it's to inform them. ;) I would feel much safer walking up to one of these picnics than walking up to some loner wearing military gear and carrying what could easily be mistaken for an illegal firearm (at least in a park). Ah, how I love a good debate.

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 02:36 PM
carrying what could easily be mistaken for an illegal firearm
:confused::confused::confused:
What? Illegal gun???

http://images.hobbytron.com/ZX-AK-47-lg.jpg

http://images.hobbytron.com/DR-VB92058-lg.jpg

http://www.eastcoastfirearms.com/images/content/Vector%20Custom%20AK-47%202.JPG
http://www.lefthandrifles.com/logo/lh_16_1_500n.jpg

http://www.eastcoastfirearms.com/images/content/Mosquito%20Outback%20II%20L.JPG

Point out which is an illegal gun. Please. Or even which one "looks" like an illegal gun.

p.s. 2 are air soft

NerveShocker
08-13-2009, 02:41 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
What? Illegal gun???

http://images.hobbytron.com/ZX-AK-47-lg.jpg

http://images.hobbytron.com/DR-VB92058-lg.jpg

http://www.eastcoastfirearms.com/images/content/Vector%20Custom%20AK-47%202.JPG
http://www.lefthandrifles.com/logo/lh_16_1_500n.jpg

http://www.eastcoastfirearms.com/images/content/Mosquito%20Outback%20II%20L.JPG

Point out which is an illegal gun. Please. Or even which one "looks" like an illegal gun.

p.s. 2 are air soft

Uh I was enjoying debating you.. but now you're not even reading what I'm saying so what's the point? If you even read the part that you quoted.. which I guess somehow you didn't.. you would see I wrote "What could easily be mistaken for an illegal firearm". That means he had no illegal firearm.. sigh. C'mon man read what I write at least before responding.. I think I'm done with this debate now. ;( By the way from a distance if you remove the red/orange cap at the front it looks quite real.

torchbearer
08-13-2009, 02:44 PM
we use airsoft rifles to run drills at our local national guard base.
Ours look like the real deal.
No one has ever called the police when we are standing outside my house in military fatigues holding M-16s with silencers.

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Uh I was enjoying debating you.. but now you're not even reading what I'm saying so what's the point? If you even read the part that you quoted.. which I guess somehow you didn't.. you would see I wrote "What could easily be mistaken for an illegal firearm". That means he had no illegal firearm.. sigh. C'mon man read what I write at least before responding.. I think I'm done with this debate now. ;( By the way from a distance if you remove the red/orange cap at the front it looks quite real.

I did read what you wrote, That is why I responded.
and this too.

By the way from a distance if you remove the red/orange cap at the front it looks quite real.[
Yes it would.
The point is .
ALL OF THOSE are perfectly legal guns. Every one of them.

carrying what could easily be mistaken for an illegal firearm

Yes it was a trick question.

Expatriate
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM

What he means is that there's almost no way to tell between a legal and illegal firearm without careful inspection. So next time you see a deer hunter, do you call the cops because his rifle might be internally modified to fire full-auto? Of course not. Most likely all the guns posted were legal, even though they resemble illegal ones as well.

The kid should have been within his rights to carry a rifle, assuming he didn't brandish it at anybody and it was legal to do so in the park he was in. But it seems that if someone is disturbed by your legal activity, it suddenly becomes illegal because you "caused a disturbance".

Freedom 4 all
08-13-2009, 03:22 PM
I've been shot with airsoft shotgun at short range (2-3 ft) and I barely even felt it. If you are afraid of an airsoft gun you are beyond the realm of normal pussy and venture into the range of super pussy.

Freedom 4 all
08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
But it seems that if someone is disturbed by your legal activity, it suddenly becomes illegal because you "caused a disturbance".

It disturbs me when cops demand ID when I'm just walking around and not even suspected of doing anything. Can I make a citizen's arrest?

youngbuck
08-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Oh no! Not a gun! We've been conditioned to be scared of someone with a gun, unless they have a uniform on! Call 911, quick!

And.. wtf! Disorderly conduct! Do cops ever get charged with this?

NerveShocker
08-13-2009, 03:45 PM
It disturbs me when cops demand ID when I'm just walking around and not even suspected of doing anything. Can I make a citizen's arrest?

Lol, try it out and report back to RonPaulForums. Ok.. so I did a tad bit of research. Apparently its not illegal to carry a gun (Even assault weapon) in public in Arizona (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

If that is the case then I don't see any reason why the police were called, and I especially don't understand why he was detained. Now if I'm wrong and it is illegal in Arizona to carry automatic guns in public then I lean towards my previous opinion (even though this was not a real gun many might have thought it was so I could understand the call).

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-13-2009, 06:07 PM
How do you spot the difference between this kid getting himself ready for the military, and some nutcase who thinks hes a desert commando and all of us are Nazi vampires??

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 06:21 PM
How do you spot the difference between this kid getting himself ready for the military, and some nutcase who thinks hes a desert commando and all of us are Nazi vampires??

What makes it any of your business? Unless this person is a direct threat to you, NONE.

You are going to threaten an individual that has committed NO crime that you know of? and has not harmed you personally?
You are going to have them harassed by armed and proven dangerous agents of the state.?
Screw with their life for nothing?

If you can answer yes to any of this , you are a piss poor excuse for a human being.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
What makes it any of your business? Unless this person is a direct threat to you, NONE.

You are going to threaten an individual that has committed NO crime that you know of? and has not harmed you personally?
You are going to have them harassed by armed and proven dangerous agents of the state.?
Screw with their life for nothing?

If you can answer yes to any of this , you are a piss poor excuse for a human being.

And if a man walked into a bank or gas station with pantyhose over his head? Hes committed no crime. But it would be perfectly reasonable for the employees to hit the silent alarm and security to stop him and ask some questions.

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 07:14 PM
And if a man walked into a bank or gas station with pantyhose over his head? Hes committed no crime. But it would be perfectly reasonable for the employees to hit the silent alarm and security to stop him and ask some questions.

Inside a private business (we overlook bank) where employees jobs require them to act on security concerns is whole different situation .
This was nothing but a busybody butting into and causing harm to an innocent individual.
One who had committed NO crime.and was threatening no one with a toy gun.
This is beyond stupid.

but thanks for the poor example of what didn't happen.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
08-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Inside a private business (we overlook bank) where employees jobs require them to act on security concerns is whole different situation .
This was nothing but a busybody butting into and causing harm to an innocent individual.
One who had committed NO crime.and was threatening no one with a toy gun.
This is beyond stupid.

but thanks for the poor example of what didn't happen.

You are honestly going to tell me if a man was running around in full military uniform, carrying what appears to be a rifle, you find it completely unreasonable for someone to be concerned?

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 08:55 PM
You are honestly going to tell me if a man was running around in full military uniform, carrying what appears to be a rifle, you find it completely unreasonable for someone to be concerned?

Yes.
What part of "mind your own business" do you not understand.

Now from my personal experience, I watched as a mother ,son cousin, and uncle were Handcuffed and arrested.
Had real guns pointed at them
Had hours in booking and had their property stolen.

They were having a squirt gun fight in their front yard, Supersoakers, Bright orange and Florescent Green. A busybody (much like this one) made a call about people with guns.
Friggin'Stupid.
Mind your own business, and don't fuck up someone life.

btw, I wear camo sometimes too.

Expatriate
08-14-2009, 05:02 AM
:D

Don't you wish that was the case?

Indeed, if I was to run up to someone who's minding their own business and get all up in their face demanding they give me their ID, that would be considered harassment and threatening behavior. I'd probably get tasered for having an attitude when the cops arrived.