PDA

View Full Version : My Platform

rvkpa
08-13-2009, 12:03 AM
This would be my platform if I ever ran for political office. I would like your thoughts. I am open to any and all debate or suggestion.

Gay Marriage
• Push to allow, same rules as straight marriage.
Abortion
• Allow
• No government subsidies
• Parental notification in the case of minors
Affirmative Action
• Deny
• All people are born equal and should be viewed equally by government.
Social Security
• Eliminate
• Grandfather in existing beneficiaries and those who will become eligible within the next decade.
• Offer tax break of some kind for businesses that offer employer match on retirement accounts.
Medicare/Medicaid
• Eliminate
• Initiate voucher program for personal private insurance
• Initiate subsidy program to compensate insurers for preexisting condition care.
• Encourage non employer based risk-groups
Income Tax / Tax Code
• Push to reduce or eliminate
• Push to restore equity in taxation, tax high earners at a similar or identical percentage to other wage earners.
• Repeal AMT
• Simplify tax code
Marijuana
• Allow
• Tax appropriately (similar to existing cigarette taxes)
Afghanistan and Iraq
• Recall all forces not required to support national defense and economic interests.
Foreign Aid
• End all foreign aid
Cap and Trade
• Repeal and reject all current, pending, and future legislation
War on Drugs
• Repeal and remove funding
Border Security and Immigration
• Reallocate military and civilian resources to secure borders
• Ensure any and all state and federal programs require proof of citizenship
• Ensure state and local education programs require proof of citizenship
• Step up and streamline deportation process
Education/Research
• Repeal all federal law involving K-12 education
• Develop tax incentives for businesses that invest in scholarships, research, and development
States’ Rights
• Repeal all federal law unconstitutionally regulating states
Defense
• Endeavor to maintain the premier global military force organizationally, technologically, and strategically.
• Do not project force without a declaration of war.
United Nations / IMF / World Bank / World Court
• Do not contribute to or participate in any of these organizations.
• Ok, to maintain representatives to protect national interests.
Currency / Budget
• Endeavor to bring the power to print, coin, and digitally create money back to the federal government.
• Remove all private interest in the system of printing, coining, and digitally creating money.
• Develop a method of tying money to a basket of commodities or services of value rather than debt.
Government –owned Business
• Sell, auction, and dismantle all government owned business or government-owned shares in private business
• Endeavor to reduce government footprint as a percentage of GDP.

Government Size / Structure
• Restore all decisionmaking powers to constitutionally mandated elected positions.
• Facilitate forum for individual states and industries to debate and agree on standards and practices. IE: wireless communication standards, light bulb sizes, standard communication protocols, etc.
• Push for constitutional amendment to institute short term limits for all elected officials at all levels of government.

t0rnado
08-13-2009, 12:08 AM
I have very few disagreements with that except for the currency issue and the border security issue. You should encourage competition among different private currencies and allow the BLM to sell the border land. That would give private property owners incentive to protect their own land by building fences or by using private security.

muh_roads
08-13-2009, 12:11 AM
The best way to win the gay marriage argument is to take the path of wanting the state out of marriage completely. For heterosexuals too. Move it back to a religious function.

rvkpa
08-13-2009, 12:14 AM
I agree completely paladin. I think we could move to getting government out of marriage from a situation where gay and straight marriage are equal.