PDA

View Full Version : LMAO... Blitzer CNN report tonight that the right wing terrorists....

Dianne
08-12-2009, 09:49 PM
You really had to love the show I saw tonight...... extreme right wing... what the hell is the right wing? What about the left wing? what the hell is the left wing? All I know is I go to tea parties, I go to town halls... I go to my parent teacher conferences... I volunteer in my children's school... I am registered libertarian..

Am I a right wing or left wing conspirator? From the time I was a child, I learned there is right and there is wrong. All I see lately is "wrong". Someone asked the question in a post earlier... can you name one thing the federal government has done which was successful.

As a "not right ring or left wing person".... can you name one?

pcosmar
08-12-2009, 09:56 PM

Not in my lifetime.
And I will be 52 soon.

Dianne
08-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm 57 and I can't name one.... All I can think about are $800. ashtrays.

Whatever the federal government touches turns to s....h.....i......t . Damn they can't even handle their own military... they have to hire sub contractors... lmao,..... pitiful specimens of human life our leadership is.. Sorry... I have to vent.

pcosmar
08-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I introduced myself as an Angry American over 2 years ago.
It ain't getting any better.

CCTelander
08-12-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm 57 and I can't name one.... All I can think about are $800. ashtrays.

Whatever the federal government touches turns to s....h.....i......t . Damn they can't even handle their own military... they have to hire sub contractors... lmao,..... pitiful specimens of human life our leadership is.. Sorry... I have to vent.

The exact same holds true for state and local governments. Whatever ANY government touches turns to shit. Best not to have them touch anything at all, IMO.

justinc.1089
08-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Well they can lie successfully lol. And steal. And kill. And do all that some more....

Yeah I'm struggling to think of something the government has done well too.

carlangaslangas
08-12-2009, 11:11 PM
can you name one thing the federal government has done which was successful.

National Parks?
I doubt a private company would have been able to do it.

But I cannot think of anything else they've done that was successful AND honest at the same time, that a private company couldn't have done as well or better.

2young2vote
08-12-2009, 11:11 PM
They did a successful job of outlining our rights. They have also been doing a very successful job of taking them.

NYgs23
08-12-2009, 11:27 PM
It's a meaningless question. Even if you can name something (highways? the moon landing made for good television), there's no guarantee that the market would not have invested those resources more efficiently. In fact, economics tells us it would have.

RSLudlum
08-12-2009, 11:50 PM
can you name one thing the federal government has done which was successful.

They tend to perform well at 'destructive spending'

Working Poor
08-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I know: they made some pretty good goment' cheese

Dr.3D
08-13-2009, 12:08 AM
National Parks?
I doubt a private company would have been able to do it.

But I cannot think of anything else they've done that was successful AND honest at the same time, that a private company couldn't have done as well or better.
I know some land that was a lot nicer before the National Park Service took it over. My family used to go there and camp every year, now after they showed up, I can't do anything there but walk around with some idiot in a uniform looking over my shoulder.

The land was a lot better when it belonged to a private company and they just let people explore it and camp on it as they pleased.

Dianne
08-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Here is a stunning example of how well our government handles medical care...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/17/AR2007021701172.html

Soldiers Face Neglect, Frustration At Army's Top Medical Facility

By Dana Priest and Anne Hull
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, February 18, 2007; Page A01

Behind the door of Army Spec. Jeremy Duncan's room, part of the wall is torn and hangs in the air, weighted down with black mold. When the wounded combat engineer stands in his shower and looks up, he can see the bathtub on the floor above through a rotted hole. The entire building, constructed between the world wars, often smells like greasy carry-out. Signs of neglect are everywhere: mouse droppings, belly-up cockroaches, stained carpets, cheap mattresses.

This is the world of Building 18, not the kind of place where Duncan expected to recover when he was evacuated to Walter Reed Army Medical Center from Iraq last February with a broken neck and a shredded left ear, nearly dead from blood loss. But the old lodge, just outside the gates of the hospital and five miles up the road from the White House, has housed hundreds of maimed soldiers recuperating from injuries suffered in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Photos
The Wounded and Walter Reed
Five and a half years of sustained combat have transformed the venerable 113-acre Walter Reed Army Medical Center into a holding ground for physically and psychologically damaged outpatients.

TRANSCRIPT
Recovering at Walter Reed
Reporters Dana Priest and Anne V. Hull discuss their recent stories about Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

Play Video
VIDEO | Post's Priest on Walter Reed Hearings

The Other Walter Reed
At Walter Reed, Bush Offers an Apology
Transcript:House Committee Hearing on State of Military Health Care
Substandard Conditions at VA Centers Noted
Pentagon Is Probing Veterans Home
Md. Naval Hospital Staff Reports 'Fatigue'
More Stories

Military News
Iranian Exile Group Demands U.S. Military Protection for Camp
U.S. Plan Raises Ire in Latin America
4 Marines in Afghanistan Killed by Roadside Bomb
Change of Guard in Baghdad's Green Zone
Iraqi Authorities to Remove Capital's Blast Walls
More Stories

Who's Blogging?
Read what bloggers are saying about this article.
John Wayne's Holster
ADVENTURE!
paxx:blog

Full List of Blogs (1752 links) »

Most Blogged About Articles
On washingtonpost.com | On the web

Save & Share Article What's This?

DiggGoogle
del.icio.usYahoo!
RedditFacebook

The common perception of Walter Reed is of a surgical hospital that shines as the crown jewel of military medicine. But 5 1/2 years of sustained combat have transformed the venerable 113-acre institution into something else entirely -- a holding ground for physically and psychologically damaged outpatients. Almost 700 of them -- the majority soldiers, with some Marines -- have been released from hospital beds but still need treatment or are awaiting bureaucratic decisions before being discharged or returned to active duty.

They suffer from brain injuries, severed arms and legs, organ and back damage, and various degrees of post-traumatic stress. Their legions have grown so exponentially -- they outnumber hospital patients at Walter Reed 17 to 1 -- that they take up every available bed on post and spill into dozens of nearby hotels and apartments leased by the Army. The average stay is 10 months, but some have been stuck there for as long as two years.

Not all of the quarters are as bleak as Duncan's, but the despair of Building 18 symbolizes a larger problem in Walter Reed's treatment of the wounded, according to dozens of soldiers, family members, veterans aid groups, and current and former Walter Reed staff members interviewed by two Washington Post reporters, who spent more than four months visiting the outpatient world without the knowledge or permission of Walter Reed officials. Many agreed to be quoted by name; others said they feared Army retribution if they complained publicly.

While the hospital is a place of scrubbed-down order and daily miracles, with medical advances saving more soldiers than ever, the outpatients in the Other Walter Reed encounter a messy bureaucratic battlefield nearly as chaotic as the real battlefields they faced overseas.

On the worst days, soldiers say they feel like they are living a chapter of "Catch-22." The wounded manage other wounded. Soldiers dealing with psychological disorders of their own have been put in charge of others at risk of suicide.

Disengaged clerks, unqualified platoon sergeants and overworked case managers fumble with simple needs: feeding soldiers' families who are close to poverty, replacing a uniform ripped off by medics in the desert sand or helping a brain-damaged soldier remember his next appointment.

"We've done our duty. We fought the war. We came home wounded. Fine. But whoever the people are back here who are supposed to give us the easy transition should be doing it," said Marine Sgt. Ryan Groves, 26, an amputee who lived at Walter Reed for 16 months. "We don't know what to do. The people who are supposed to know don't have the answers. It's a nonstop process of stalling."

Soldiers, family members, volunteers and caregivers who have tried to fix the system say each mishap seems trivial by itself, but the cumulative effect wears down the spirits of the wounded and can stall their recovery.

"It creates resentment and disenfranchisement," said Joe Wilson, a clinical social worker at Walter Reed. "These soldiers will withdraw and stay in their rooms. They will actively avoid the very treatment and services that are meant to be helpful."

Danny Soto, a national service officer for Disabled American Veterans who helps dozens of wounded service members each week at Walter Reed, said soldiers "get awesome medical care and their lives are being saved," but, "Then they get into the administrative part of it and they are like, 'You saved me for what?' The soldiers feel like they are not getting proper respect. This leads to anger."

ItsTime
08-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Sorry I am not an extremist. However, I think someone who bombs a funeral is.

Silly me.

angelatc
08-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Sorry I am not an extremist. However, I think someone who bombs a funeral is.

Silly me.

The left did not achieve a single goal by quiet dialogue. The civil rights riots in the sixties? Those people literally set entire cities on fire. The Black Panthers walked into a session of the California Legislature openly carrying weapons, prompting Governor Reagan to give California some of the strictest gun laws in the country. They broke into an FBI office, which is where COINTEL was discovered.

The 70's - the anti-war protestors shut down entire college campuses, and put the entire city of Chicago in defensive mode.

Even in the '80's, the PETA people gained fame and fortune by throwing blood and paint on people wearing fur coats.

But we're terrorists because we dare to go to townhall meetings and raise our voices.

Fuck that.

ItsTime
08-13-2009, 10:11 AM
The left did not achieve a single goal by quiet dialogue. The civil rights riots in the sixties? Those people literally set entire cities on fire. The Black Panthers walked into a session of the California Legislature openly carrying weapons, prompting Governor Reagan to give California some of the strictest gun laws in the country. They broke into an FBI office, which is where COINTEL was discovered.

The 70's - the anti-war protestors shut down entire college campuses, and put the entire city of Chicago in defensive mode.

Even in the '80's, the PETA people gained fame and fortune by throwing blood and paint on people wearing fur coats.

But we're terrorists because we dare to go to townhall meetings and raise our voices.

Fuck that.

It is like they are pushing people and pushing people wanting them to break. Sadly I think a few nuts will crack and all hell will break loose.

Cowlesy
08-13-2009, 10:11 AM

Fuck that.

^^^This.

It all comes down to $$$$ in the end. Institutions and Individuals who've backed those groups have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to fill the media with quasi-supporters who can skew public perception, whereas we have Campaign for Liberty with a couple million smackers.

Hell George Soros just the other day dumped $35 Million into "buying school supplies" for disadvantaged kids. Guess who those parents will be willing to help out come election time?