PDA

View Full Version : Once primary season is over

BillyDkid
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I am banking on us (RP) doing well and winning. My feeling is that the only real obstacle to Ron Paul becoming President is the Republican primary - or maybe it is the most daunting obstacle, but won't it be exciting once we hit the general election. First, there will be this huge high we will get from coming from nowhere and beating the evil party bosses and then there will be the excitement of seeing Ron Paul covered by everybody and no more talk of being a fringe candidate. Seeing the entire conversation swing to issues of liberty and the guts of what America is all about. No more bullshit. I know we can do this. I know it! and you need to know it too. People constantly talk during every election cycle about wanting "change", by which I don't know what they mean. Well, this time they will really get a chance to vote for change and vote to see if they really do believe in liberty and the American dream. My personal feeling is that the people who give RP the Presidency are those 50% of eligible voters who never vote. The reason they don't vote is because they know their vote means nothing and what they want counts for nothing. Now all of us will have a chance we have never had in all our lifetimes - a chance to really make a difference and make the world a better place.

Akus
09-27-2007, 02:33 PM
werd, billy

the fact is that we are the most active candidate supporters. Rudy, Romney and Hillary would eat a mile of shit to have half of our enthusiasm. I can count that some will show up to vote for Rudy McRomney, some won't, but all, ALL, will show up to vote for our guy.

That is how I know he will win. I would be greatly surprised if he didn't and the blame would lie on noone but us. We can do this.

paulitics
09-27-2007, 02:37 PM
We can do this, but we need to win NH. If Romney beats us there, its over.

Hurricane Bruiser
09-27-2007, 02:42 PM
NH is very much key

Akus
09-27-2007, 02:48 PM
I think that NH, with so many Libertarians and being a home of a free state project, should be no problem for Mr. Pres.... err. Ron Paul.

FreedomLover
09-27-2007, 03:14 PM
I think we still have a lot of work to do.

RP is in a republican primary. And no matter how many apathetic libertarians and independents you get to vote in this primary, you will still need atleast a large minority of regular republicans to vote for him, especially in closed primaries.

When Rp is, in any real world poll, over 10% in NH, or over 5% nationally, then that's good news. Not great news. But good news.

But I don't want people to act like it's already a fact that RP will win, because we are far from it at this point in time. The problem is we are in our own little internet, pro-ron paul bubble, and RP is king on the internet, as we all know. We need to work on transfering that in full force to the Real world, and not idle.

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but we need to realize just because they're are a lot of potential ron paul supporters out there doesn't mean they are, or will, know about RP by the time february 5 rolls around.

Sorry, I just don't want people to be so devastated as to give up on the US if ron paul loses by a good amount of votes. It's important to set lofty goals, but also be realistic at the same time. It creates more urgency and gives RP a better chance.

chiefsmurph
09-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Right on. After visiting sites like this so much, you begin thinking that everyone thinks the same way. The main problem is that most people still don't know him. In my opinion he won't be winning the primaries if he can't get the press to rally around him a little.

It will be interesting to see if HQ can put this fundraising to good use. It will certainly help in getting some attention from the press.