PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on the Mort Downey show

Sandman33
08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Horrible title for this video.

Even back then he was DEAD RIGHT. Morons just won't listen.

YouTube - Ron Paul Goes Crazy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h2CHTU4G7I)

iddo
08-12-2009, 01:28 PM
if you haven't seen the rest, see this (or first quote in my signature):
YouTube - Ron Paul vs. Morton Downey, Jr.'s audience 1988 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo)

catdd
08-12-2009, 01:28 PM
All these years later with trillions and trillions of dollars spent and thousands of lives lost in drug wars and gang wars, the drug problem is 3 times worse than it was then.
Ignorance is a difficult thing to fight.

Krugerrand
08-12-2009, 01:42 PM
if you haven't seen the rest, see this (or first quote in my signature):
YouTube - Ron Paul vs. Morton Downey, Jr.'s audience 1988 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo)

the sad part is .... there are now people that think the government should force people to lose weight.

paulim
08-12-2009, 01:42 PM
There might be a new episode today. Ron is on the ED Show once again. Last time he said:"Will you be friendly next time?" We'll see.

Sandman33
08-12-2009, 01:45 PM
the sad part is .... there are now people that think the government should force people to lose weight.

Bwahaahha! That vid was perfect.

And yeah Ron was right again.....and yes..some idiots out there think the the GOVT should force people to lose weight....:mad:

catdd
08-12-2009, 01:56 PM
There might be a new episode today. Ron is on the ED Show once again. Last time he said:"Will you be friendly next time?" We'll see.

I can guarantee they won't be nice.

Anti Federalist
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Much better title Sandman.

t0rnado
08-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Haha and Morton Downey died of cancer.

dannno
08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Somewhere in there Ron Paul makes a really interesting quote, he accuses one of the pro-drug warriors of supporting Bush Sr.'s agenda and the contras... I think it's in Part 2. It's funny as shit. I thought it was the best part.

Somebody should post the quote (I can't watch youtube at work)

satchelmcqueen
08-12-2009, 03:54 PM
more like "ron paul kicked ass"

kaleidoscope eyes
08-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Holy S@%$!!! I've never seen this before. I never knew he could be so firey!
WOOOOO! Made my blood race!

oh, and he looked adorable also ;)

Krugerrand
08-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Somewhere in there Ron Paul makes a really interesting quote, he accuses one of the pro-drug warriors of supporting Bush Sr.'s agenda and the contras... I think it's in Part 2. It's funny as shit. I thought it was the best part.

Somebody should post the quote (I can't watch youtube at work)

Best I could find was:

People who support the laws (that keep drugs illegal) are the greatest protectors of the drug dealers.

parenthetical is mine to provide context.

Peace&Freedom
08-13-2009, 07:18 AM
As feisty as Paul got during the interview, the amazing thing was that he was able to stay even that composed, in light of the audience and Downey's barrage. Downey Jr. once explained that the reason for the in-your-face format was to at last give regular people the chance to confront people with power over important things---bank presidents, HMO administrators and the like, who never directly faced the public in a real exchange over how their policies impacted the little guy.

Perhaps he was envisioning what's happenning in town halls today. Whatever the case, the format swiftly disintegrated into the abusive, now Springer-like debacle where the little people are yelling at each other, over who cheated on whom in the trailer park---no big shots getting called on their crap in person. A shame.