PDA

View Full Version : Local Patrolmen Cruising the Internet

idirtify
08-12-2009, 08:57 AM
I just realized that I could videotape local cops in remote parking lots at night cruising the internet on their laptop. Last night there was one where I could have zoomed right in on his screen from a good angle, and delivered the video to the local paper and get him busted for milking the clock. But my question is whether this would be a good thing for a libertarian to do. At least if he’s cruising the internet, he’s not out there busting people for drugs. Please help solve my dilemma.

AuH20
08-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Maybe he's bored out of his skull? The cops in my area have literally nothing to do.

brandon
08-12-2009, 09:13 AM
I would just ignore it. I'm surfing the internet from work right now. I guess the difference is my salary isn't coming from the tax payers. Still though, I'd rather a cop be cruising the internet then out looking for someone to arrest for a victimless crime.

Working Poor
08-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Maybe he will cruise to a liberty site!

Krugerrand
08-12-2009, 09:23 AM
I just realized that I could videotape local cops in remote parking lots at night cruising the internet on their laptop. Last night there was one where I could have zoomed right in on his screen from a good angle, and delivered the video to the local paper and get him busted for milking the clock. But my question is whether this would be a good thing for a libertarian to do. At least if he’s cruising the internet, he’s not out there busting people for drugs. Please help solve my dilemma.

Park your car in the parking lot with signs on it for SheriffMack.com and campaignforliberty.com.

demolama
08-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Would you rather him go around harassing people in order to find a law being broken somewhere?

His job is to clean up after a crime is committed not harass people in order to make a crime happen and make him appear busy at his job.

raystone
08-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Videotape now and release it when and if they try to increase the police force and/or budget.

Terces
08-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I wouldn't worry about it... I'm more of the "he's not out harassing anyone" boat.

I do like the idea of video taping now and saving for later... though I don't think it would be of much use. We have officers daily around the nation completely and blatantly abusing their powers, who get nothing more than paid administrative leave. I don't think much is going to come from them surfing the internet during on-duty hours.