PDA

View Full Version : (message from a 12 year old) harshly punished at school for being logical...

Reason
08-12-2009, 12:40 AM
(message from a 12 year old) "harshly punished at school for being logical...

check this out

http://freedomainradio.com/board/forums/t/20465.aspx

Kludge
08-12-2009, 12:45 AM
Private or public school? (I see Molyneux assumed it was a public school, but I didn't see it mentioned in the kid's letter???)

I think I'm going to go visit some my teachers on the first day of school and thank them.

Sandman33
08-12-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm pissed that his mom and Steph both told him to back down.

That kid did nothing wrong and we shouldn't tolerate that as a society. Thats the SAME reason the sheeple pay income tax....don't want to upset anyone now do you...

acptulsa
08-12-2009, 06:21 AM
I remember doing 'cost/benefit analyses' of my free speech while in school... :(

moostraks
08-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Government indoctrination camps is all they are and it almost doesn't matter public or private. They want a herd mentality so they can keep everyone co-operating. Hard way to find out about the costs of being different nowadays.

Kraig
08-12-2009, 10:41 AM
That kid is in for a hell of a time if he's already learning about these things at that age.

Sandman33
08-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Government indoctrination camps is all they are and it almost doesn't matter public or private. They want a herd mentality so they can keep everyone co-operating. Hard way to find out about the costs of being different nowadays.

This.

Mrs.Joe
08-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I would be darn proud of my son if he came home telling me this. The indoctrination of the shoocls need to stop now, we are paying for them we should at least get some say about something. I am proud of this boy and I see great things for his future! It is a shame that his mother and Steph told him to fly under the radar...More schools need kids like this!

Kraig
08-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I would be darn proud of my son if he came home telling me this. The indoctrination of the shoocls need to stop now, we are paying for them we should at least get some say about something. I am proud of this boy and I see great things for his future! It is a shame that his mother and Steph told him to fly under the radar...More schools need kids like this!

I don't think it is that bad, there is merit to not casting your pearls before swine IMO. At least they didn't tell him he was wrong and needed to change his mind. I don't see how it will do this kid any good to fight with the school system for the next 6 years. The best option would probably be to send the kid to a quality private school that is open to free thinking but if that's not an option it may be better for him to just hold his nose and bear it. The school system is not going to change from the inside out due to the students, it needs to be abolished.

I mean he showed up with logic and reason and their response was to accuse him of doing drugs, really what can you do with people like that? They are just thugs/bullies/cretins.

Mrs.Joe
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
They are, and too many kids are having to deal with it.

Kraig
08-12-2009, 11:39 AM
They are, and too many kids are having to deal with it.

Yep, it would be extremely rude to treat an adult like that because you disagreed with him, they just do it because they're kids.

CCTelander
08-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Ah, the memories!

Having been basically raised in the liberty movement, I remember dealing with this kind of crap a lot during my school years. It wasn't quite as bad, being that I was out of high school by the late 70s, and zero tolerance was still in the future, but there were still tons of issues that came up.

Lots of issues came up with my own kids when they were still in school too.

Personally, I think Stef is right, at least in part. You definitely have to pick your battles. You don't necessarily have to keep your mouth shut all the time, but you're almost never going to win in that environment, so conserve your resources for the battles you actually can win, and hold your nose and deal with it the rest of the time.

No sense being suspended half your school career for shit you haven't even done. Which is what happened to one of my sons. We spent so much time fighting with the assholes at his school that we considered the principle's office a second home! It took the threat of legal action to actually get them to back down long enough for him to finish high school.

In the end, nothing changed.