PDA

View Full Version : Online FCC complaint form, for Chris Mathews/Hardball/MSNBC

MsDoodahs
08-11-2009, 10:36 PM
If you were offended by Mathew's "God damned gun" comment in the interview with the NH guy, here's a link to the FCC complaint form.

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

:)

Matt Collins
08-11-2009, 10:37 PM
The cable networks are not regulated by the FCC; only broadcast networks (ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox)

mport1
08-11-2009, 10:41 PM
I think it is best to avoid using the violence of government whenever possible.

Dr.3D
08-11-2009, 10:41 PM
The cable networks are not regulated by the FCC; only broadcast networks (ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox)

Then why is it when there is the 'accidental' showing of a breast the FCC gets involved?

rajibo
08-11-2009, 10:43 PM
If you were offended by Mathew's "God damned gun" comment in the interview with the NH guy, here's a link to the FCC complaint form.

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

:)

This is an awful idea.

Alawn
08-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Then why is it when there is the 'accidental' showing of a breast the FCC gets involved?

It doesn't for cable channels. It only does for over the air broadcast channels that you can pick up with an antenna. The Superbowl breast thing was on a broadcast channel. Cable channels like fx or comedy central say shit all the time and have butts showing. The only thing stopping most of them is the fear of losing their sponsors.

Dr.3D
08-11-2009, 11:00 PM
it doesn't for cable channels. It only does for over the air broadcast channels that you can pick up with an antenna. The superbowl breast thing was on a broadcast channel. Cable channels like fx or comedy central say shit all the time and have butts showing. The only thing stopping most of them is the fear of losing their sponsors.
oic

Flash
08-11-2009, 11:04 PM
We could write to the sponsors of Olbermann's show for his recent hit-peice implying protestors were Anti-semitic racist Nazis.

Matt Collins
08-12-2009, 12:09 AM
The best way to do it is to write MSNBC themselves and complain. And to also write the sponsors of the show about it.

BarryDonegan
08-12-2009, 04:11 AM
I think it is best to avoid using the violence of government whenever possible.

agreed. There shouldn't be an FCC, and if there has to be one, we shouldn't be bogging them down with complaints. the only complaint to the FCC that we should be filing is that there is one.

MsDoodahs
08-12-2009, 05:29 AM
Make the enemy play by his own rules.

Guerilla warfare tactic.

I'm all for swamping any and every gov't agency with massive amounts of paperwork whenever possible. :D

This is the same idea behind sending mass numbers of letters to the critters.

It is the same idea behind calling critters on specific days in order to flood their offices with calls.

Granted, if the FCC does not have any role here, then swamping them wouldn't necessarily be the most appropriate thing over this particular incident.

Does that even matter?

mport1
08-12-2009, 08:09 AM
I agree in figuring out ways to overwhelm government agencies and hopefully help run them into the ground. However, I do not think it is good to overwhelm them by having them use their violence against other peaceful people that have not initiated force on others.