PDA

View Full Version : Joe Farah seriously misquotes Ron Paul

Original_Intent
09-27-2007, 12:06 PM
This is in his current "betweent he lines" article:

Who is the third most homosexual-friendly GOP candidate?

This might surprise some people. According to Salon, it's Ron Paul. And that makes sense given his view of the institution of marriage. Paul said, at the debate I moderated last week, "Marriage only came about, and getting license only came about, in recent history for health reasons."

Actually, those of us who read and believe the Bible see it a little differently. The first marriage was between Adam and Eve. It was God-ordained. It's an institution created in heaven, not on earth.

Ron Paul is not on my list of possibilities for other reasons. But I'm finding new reasons to oppose him all the time.

end quote

The bolded section is a serious twisting of what Ron Paul said and needs to be addressed. I was watching the Values Voter debate and Ron Paul said that marriage was a religious institution and that government involvement was a fairly recent development and needing a license (permission) from the government was a recent development.

In my opinion, Joseph Farah just became an out an out liar and propagandist with this statement. I have no problem with Ron Paul being characterised as "gay friendly" I think his view that all people have the same rights is AWESOME.

MsDoodahs
09-27-2007, 12:16 PM
"just became an out and out liar" ???

;)

Original_Intent
09-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I have read WND for quite a few years and while I don't always agree with Farah, he has always struck me as principled and one of the most decent journalists out there.

I have seen him say things that I disagree with, I have never seen him twist the facts like this.

Sematary
09-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I have read WND for quite a few years and while I don't always agree with Farah, he has always struck me as principled and one of the most decent journalists out there.

I have seen him say things that I disagree with, I have never seen him twist the facts like this.

I've always considered him to be full of shit.

reduen
09-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Set him straight on this guys... :)

Sematary
09-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Does ANYBODY seriously listen to what Farah has to say? Really?

jb4ronpaul
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
by his logic Adam and Eve were never married because there was no government around to call it a marriage.

Zarxrax
09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
When someone does something like this we must try very hard to make them see the truth and make a retraction. It does matter what this person thinks, as long as other people are reading what he says!

Elwar
09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Ron Paul may have said those words exactly, but you know how sometimes he talks so fast that he has to re-say it if he misspeaks...that's what happened in this instance, I recall that part of the debate. He was talking about marriage certificates (as though we need a certificate to be married).

btw, I was always under the impression that the certificate was created in the south in order to keep whites from marrying blacks.

Though I'm sure Ron Paul's version is also true...the whole blood test was not for reasons of checking to see if the couple was somehow related. My priest said they don't do the blood tests anymore and that it was mainly so that they could test millions of people's blood for various things without there being any sort of uproar.

JMann
09-27-2007, 01:15 PM
The first marriage was between Adam and Eve. It was God-ordained. It's an institution created in heaven, not on earth.

They had two son that must of had sex with mother or later not mentioned sisters. And these folks think gay sex is twisted.

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 01:19 PM
by his logic Adam and Eve were never married because there was no government around to call it a marriage.

Bingo. If he's such a Christian, then he should realize that God does not need the government to ordain a marriage. Yet, Farah seems to be saying just the opposite.

LibertyEagle
09-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Does ANYBODY seriously listen to what Farah has to say? Really?

Yes, they do. That is why WND exists. If would not, if no one read it.

reduen
09-27-2007, 01:29 PM
The first marriage was between Adam and Eve. It was God-ordained. It's an institution created in heaven, not on earth.

They had two son that must of had sex with mother or later not mentioned sisters. And these folks think gay sex is twisted.

Yes we do you! Sex is meant as an act of reproducing, not just for gratification.. The fact that it is so gratifying is the main reason why a species does not go extinct!

Being gay has nothing to do with reproducing!

I am sooo tired of you idiots attacking Christianity! Can't you find anything better to do?

Sematary
09-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Yes, they do. That is why WND exists. If would not, if no one read it.

I've watched "conservatives" use his bs for years to back up their arguments and never once did I ever seem him put forth a cogent argument backed up by fact.

JPFromTally
09-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Anybody who calls for a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage either has no respect for the Constitution or knowledge of how difficult amendments are to be ratified.

The only reason there is a homosexual "agenda" is because they have a lot to gain from sucking up to the power of the government teet.

erowe1
09-27-2007, 01:52 PM

JMann, you'd have been better off keeping quiet because you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I can't make you believe in the Genesis account, but at least represent it accurately. It says Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters.

mavtek
09-27-2007, 02:02 PM

So true!!

That's hilarious!

1000-points-of-fright
09-27-2007, 02:07 PM
JMann, you'd have been better off keeping quiet because you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I can't make you believe in the Genesis account, but at least represent it accurately. It says Adam and Eve had many sons and daughters.

Either way, it's incest.

Original_Intent
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Could we please get back OT regarding correcting Joe Farah's lies and quit lobbing flame bait at each other?

kk thx! :)

JMann
09-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Yes we do you! Sex is meant as an act of reproducing, not just for gratification.. The fact that it is so gratifying is the main reason why a species does not go extinct!

Being gay has nothing to do with reproducing!

I am sooo tired of you idiots attacking Christianity! Can't you find anything better to do?

I'm not attacking Christianity, if you feel the need to believe in something in the fantasy world that is fine with me. It is when people try and bring their sci-fi into government.

Humans are the only animals to have sex for the purpose of reproduction. All other animals do it by instinct or enjoyment. Unless you want to argue that an cat has any idea that 5 months after having sex kittens arrive have anything to do with one another.

JMann
09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Either way, it's incest.

I should of said unnamed. Regardless they would of been involved in incestual relationships if brother and sister where banging one another.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-27-2007, 02:31 PM
jfarah@worldnetdaily.com

Demand a retraction and an apology.

devil21
09-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Fortunately, not everyone supporting RP is religious nor believes in creationism. I imagine his statememt will fall on a good portion of deaf ears.

Original_Intent
09-27-2007, 02:36 PM
jfarah@worldnetdaily.com

Demand a retraction and an apology.

done. I sent a letter to the editor to WND as well.

letters@worldnetdaily.com

Kregener
09-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Marriage is indeed a biblical concept.

It is between a man and woman before God, not because you obtained some piece of paper from a government bureaucracy. and since God is VERY clear on homosexuality, there is no "marriage" between them, only a civil union, which IS a piece of paper from a bureaucracy.

The bureaucracy of civil unions was developed to assist in divorces, not marriages.

The government has no business meddling in marriage, any more than it does the plethora of other things it meddles in.

ThePieSwindler
09-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Ron Paul may have said those words exactly, but you know how sometimes he talks so fast that he has to re-say it if he misspeaks...that's what happened in this instance, I recall that part of the debate. He was talking about marriage certificates (as though we need a certificate to be married).

btw, I was always under the impression that the certificate was created in the south in order to keep whites from marrying blacks.

Though I'm sure Ron Paul's version is also true...the whole blood test was not for reasons of checking to see if the couple was somehow related. My priest said they don't do the blood tests anymore and that it was mainly so that they could test millions of people's blood for various things without there being any sort of uproar.

Except ron didnt say those words, thats why is a MISQUOTE. He said that marriage is a religious institution and has been around since before government. You are arguing from the wrong standpoint here and defending Ron for something he didnt even say - Farah fucking misquoted him. Ron was actually DEFENDING MARRIAGE AS A RELIGIOUS/BIBLICAL INSTITUTION, INCLUDING ADAM AND EVE. Basically, Farah either 1) has the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader or 2) intentially misquoted Ron so more neocons over at WND will "find new ways" to hate him. What a piece of shit.

ctb619
09-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Except ron didnt say those words, thats why is a MISQUOTE. He said that marriage is a religious institution and has been around since before government. You are arguing from the wrong standpoint here and defending Ron for something he didnt even say - Farah fucking misquoted him. Ron was actually DEFENDING MARRIAGE AS A RELIGIOUS/BIBLICAL INSTITUTION, INCLUDING ADAM AND EVE. Basically, Farah either 1) has the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader or 2) intentially misquoted Ron so more neocons over at WND will "find new ways" to hate him. What a piece of shit.

do you have the correct quote readily available so we can send this asshat a demand for a retraction?

JMann
09-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Marriage is indeed a biblical concept.

It is between a man and woman before God, not because you obtained some piece of paper from a government bureaucracy. and since God is VERY clear on homosexuality, there is no "marriage" between them, only a civil union, which IS a piece of paper from a bureaucracy.

The bureaucracy of civil unions was developed to assist in divorces, not marriages.

The government has no business meddling in marriage, any more than it does the plethora of other things it meddles in.

Yawn, once again- Just because you have held on to your childhood imaginary friends stop pushing those views on those of us that have moved on.

"God is VERY clear" When has God told you this? Please youtube it next time he speaks to you on the subject.

ctb619
09-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Yawn, once again- Just because you have held on to your childhood imaginary friends stop pushing those views on those of us that have moved on.

Those are Ron Paul's childhood imaginary friends too.

ThePieSwindler
09-27-2007, 03:30 PM
do you have the correct quote readily available so we can send this asshat a demand for a retraction?

listen to the values voters debate, also, the OP said this very thing in his first post. I dont have time to get a transcript of it right now but im 100% sure the OP is right and that is what Ron said, and joseph farah is a fat piece of shit.

Original_Intent
09-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Yes and Farah doesn't have the fig leaf of that he just lifted the quote out of a transcript - he was MODERATING the debate and he knows damn well that at the very least he lifted a mis-statement by Ron Paul and is taking it out of context. I do not have the transcript either, but I listended to the debate and it was VERY clear that Ron Paul was saying that government licensing of marriage was a recent development, not that the institution of marriage was a new thing.

Farah needs to be called on the carpet for this.

ctb619
09-27-2007, 03:34 PM
listen to the values voters debate, also, the OP said this very thing in his first post. I dont have time to get a transcript of it right now but im 100% sure the OP is right and that is what Ron said, and joseph farah is a fat piece of shit.

word...I'll look it up

Original_Intent
09-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Here:

http://www.afa.net/debate/

his response is between 31:00 and 33:00 into the video.

jj111
09-27-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm listening to the audio file from Ron Paul Audio.

"...Marriage only came about, in getting licenses, only came about in recent history for health reasons. It has nothing to do with it. True Christians, I believe, believe it is a church function. It is not a state function. I don't think you need a state license to get married, and we should(n't?) define it."

Although Ron theoretically could have stated this a little bit more eloquently, it is pretty clear from the context that he meant that *licensure* of marriage only came about in recent history for health reasons. (Although my understanding of history is that marriage licensures came about in recent history in this country originally as a racist way for government to control racial intermarriages, and that later the pretext was changed to public health reasons).

To twist what Ron Paul said in the way Farah has done either proves that Farah is purposely taking things out of context and misrepresenting Paul's position, or that Farah did not listen accurately, or else Farah has made a gross and stupid error. I can only guess which is correct.

But it is obvious to me what Ron Paul meant, and it is not what Farah says.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-27-2007, 04:36 PM
what a fool.. there was no government around in the story of Adam and Eve LOL