PDA

View Full Version : We Must Make An Effort To Not Be Misunderstood

TortoiseDream
08-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Here's a comment I found on youtube.

You "Free Staters" are the biggest joke ever! I take it you think it's a good idea to let those working-class people in Nashua and Manchester (as well as north of Concord) suffer since they can't afford health care, yes?

We have to make it clear that no one is opposed to a reformed health-care system, but that the reform we want is different and why we think our way is better and Obama's way is counterproductive. I think too many people misunderstand us and think that we simply don't want to take care of poor people. What do you guys think?

Epic
08-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Why would people think that free staters, who support freedom and free markets, would support the current government-controlled system?

Working Poor
08-11-2009, 06:39 PM
even Ron Paul says you couldn't just up and cut off welfare without having some bad blow back.

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 06:44 PM
We Must Make An Effort To Not Be Misunderstood

Oh come on man,
The ignorant F**ks out there misunderstand pie.

max
08-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Here's a comment I found on youtube.

We have to make it clear that no one is opposed to a reformed health-care system, but that the reform we want is different and why we think our way is better and Obama's way is counterproductive. I think too many people misunderstand us and think that we simply don't want to take care of poor people. What do you guys think?

I always start with the skyhigh cost of malpractice insurance and unecessary cost of "defensive medicine" due to scumbag ambulance chasers.

"Why don't we address the trial lawyer problem first." I always ask.

People always agree with that point.

apropos
08-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Your average Internet health care reform supporter doesn't rely on facts to support his argument, per se. Rather, it's a combination of emotion and economic illiteracy along the lines of: "How could you be against him? He's trying to fix health care." That's the argument I prepare to answer, at least. Apparently, 'trying' is equivalent to improvement, so if left alone they can blame someone else if these attempts fail.

TinCanToNA
08-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I always start with the skyhigh cost of malpractice insurance and unecessary cost of "defensive medicine" due to scumbag ambulance chasers.

"Why don't we address the trial lawyer problem first." I always ask.

People always agree with that point.

That's a cost additive, not a cost multiplier. Addressing tort reform will trade freedom for money, a negative liberty transaction, and will only address a small portion of the cost issue.

The two primary causes of cost creep (much faster than inflation) are health "insurance" which is not insurance and subsidies to the uninsured consumer paid to the hospital by the insured consumer. Underfunded Medicare and Medicaid programs contribute, as the added cost is passed onto normal insured customers, but the major contributor is the aforementioned "insurance" itself. It's smart to hedge against risk, but an annual check-up is not a risk, so it and all similar matters have no business being covered by insurance.