PDA

View Full Version : Is this a nutty idea? RE: Myspace

libertarian4321
09-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Okay, I'm over 40, so I'm not really up on "myspace", but I do have a myspace page with Ron Paul information on it.

I noticed that whenever someone requests to be my "friend", I tend to look at their page first. Do most people do that?

If they do, wouldn't it make sense to send out a lot of friend requests? Then, when they check out my page, it would be sort of the cyber equivalent of handing out a slim jim. Most probably won't pay much attention, but some might be intrigued and try to learn more about Ron Paul.

Of course, I'm not just going to spam random people- I'm looking for people who have interests similar to mine (e.g. NY Giants fans) OR people who might be receptive to Ron's message (e.g. peace activists).

Its pretty tedious to search for these folks and make the request, so does anyone think its worthwhile?

manuel
09-27-2007, 12:07 PM
That's what I do. My page has a bunch of stuff on Ron. I send out friend requests to my friends, therefore they're forced to look at it. Ha!

Right now, I'm trying to get my very negative libertarian friend to join us and donate.

JoshLowry
09-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Not nutty, it's actually a pretty solid idea. :)

paulitics
09-27-2007, 12:20 PM
whatever works. Not nutty.

Marceline88
09-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Great idea......just don't do too many requests at a time. There is only a certain number you can do at a time before they lock you out as a spam bot I believe. I am not sure what that number is however.

reduen
09-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Good idea here, nothing nutty at all..

[HAF]Foxtrot
09-27-2007, 12:28 PM
For younger guys like me thats 18, we just accept anyone with out looking unless its a hot chick. So for the younger generation, have a Hot Chick as your Picture, and you can pull more of the 18-25 people in like that.