PDA

View Full Version : YouTube-Chris Matthews/William Kostric - Man at Portsmouth Town Hall with sidearm

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 03:39 PM
YouTube - Hardball With Chris Matthews - 8/11/2009: Protester brings gun to town hall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YenmmIDmRo0)

fletcher
08-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Good job William. Thanks for standing up for our rights. Fark you Matthews.

max
08-11-2009, 03:57 PM
That was good.

He held his own against that piece of shit Matthews...I loved that line about "the people from Massachsuetts can keep their socialized medicine."

max
08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Why limit this to Congressional summer recess?

Imagine if "angry mobs" of Americans started showing up at local liberal newspapers and TV stations week after week.

Enemy #1 is not the state...it's the media!....Because without media bias, the statists could never get away with their bullshit.

muh_roads
08-11-2009, 04:07 PM
After seeing Lawrence O' Donnell be the prick that he was to Schiff, anything by comparison looks civil...lol Matthews, as clueless as he is, still gave this guy adequate time to speak.

He did an excellent job. Very good stuff.

Cowlesy
08-11-2009, 04:08 PM
He did pretty well, you could tell he was nervous (and I would be too versus Pizza The Hut)

ravedown
08-11-2009, 04:12 PM
wow- that wasn't hostile at all! you hear mathews lose it for a second there? well done mr. kostric...mathews was clearly trying to marginalize him as a wacko-those were the most loaded questions and kostric came off more courteous and levelheaded than the damn host-
-mathews you phony d-bag

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Excellent.
He did good, and handled it well, no matter which way the scumbag tried t twist it.

And yes there should have been a thousand rifles standing with him.

t0rnado
08-11-2009, 04:20 PM
This is all over mainstream media and he's wearing a FSP shirt!

catdd
08-11-2009, 04:26 PM
He did a good job of keeping his head and avoiding the traps.

muh_roads
08-11-2009, 04:28 PM
He did a good job of keeping his head and avoiding the traps.

Indeed I was totally impressed. Maybe not the best sound bites but he still held his composure a hell of a lot better than I could.

So this is everywhere on the media? Awesome. Ron Paul mentioned everywhere! :D

max
08-11-2009, 04:30 PM
gotta love the Ron Paul plug!

I think Matthews was expecting a simple man who would blunder into his traps.....He did good not falling for it...

I think this guy came off as an ordinary Joe that people can identify

catdd
08-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I liked when he said "Well today is the beginning of a NEW history when no one was killed".
Mathews sank like a ship.
And isn't "goddamned" one of the words you are not allowed to say on the air? Next the liberals will be saying MF gun.

Kords21
08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I thought it was a good interview and Matthews gave him time to talk for the most part. I bet Matthews thought as soon as he heard "Ron Paul" "Oh no, someone who is informed!" I think as more and more people who get fed up with the games the Republicans and the Democrats play the Ron Paul R3voluton will start to gain momentum. Could be the rise of a pseudo-third party with Rand Paul, Peter Schiff and others.

Cowlesy
08-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Matthews deftly tried to link him to the birther people, but failed.

Kords21
08-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Matthes not only failed to link him to the birther movement, but epically failed. It was almost sad to watch.

iddo
08-11-2009, 04:48 PM
he was awesome :)
how i wish that libertarians would get this publicity on tv every day, and use it effectively like this guy did...

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Matthes not only failed to link him to the birther movement, but epically failed. It was almost sad to watch.

Ii was the only "broad brush" smear bucket he had handy.

Epic FAIL
:D

catdd
08-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I guess Mathews is allowed to say "goddamned gun" on the air.

low preference guy
08-11-2009, 05:08 PM

brandon
08-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Nice. The guy spoke very well given the situation.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Now, here's a bombshell for you.

If, (I am making that very clear, IF) this is the man I think he is, we met briefly during the primary campaign, (He was part of OLFOD) at a canvass function and again at a sign wave.

If it's the same fellow...

...he's a "truther".

I now officially invite every "anti-truther" who: thinks that we can't hold our tongues, address the issue at hand without screaming "9/11 was an inside job", are a detriment to the freedom cause, and cannot present a clear, rational and sane argument, to kiss my ass.

dannno
08-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Now, here's a bombshell for you.

If, (I am making that very clear, IF) this is the man I think he is, we met briefly during the primary campaign, (He was part of OLFOD) at a canvass function and again at a sign wave.

If it's the same fellow...

...he's a "truther".

I now officially invite every "anti-truther" who: thinks that we can't hold our tongues, address the issue at hand without screaming "9/11 was an inside job", are a detriment to the freedom cause, and cannot present a clear, rational and sane argument, to kiss my ass.

Hear, hear.

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 05:18 PM

:D:D:D

And I will offer to hold their hat and coats. ;)
Just to watch.

DapperDan
08-11-2009, 05:23 PM
anyone read some of those YT comments on that video?

People are scared of liberty. Boo-hoo guns are evil.

surf
08-11-2009, 05:24 PM
"Truther?" at least he's not a goddamn "birther."

kudos to this man for not linking 9/11 truther to the story and linking the fed. guess that'll be the subject of one of his next few interviews after what AF wrote....

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 05:26 PM

kudos to this man for not linking 9/11 truther to the story and linking the fed. guess that'll be the subject of one of his next few interviews after what AF wrote....

No doubt they are looking for something they can twist to smear him.
He made Mathews look like an ass.

max
08-11-2009, 05:31 PM

The best part is that although he couldnt link him to the "birther" movement....Matthews gave the birth certificate controversy more publicity.

He will inadvertantly caused many viewers to start researching the birther issue on their own without linking town hall attendees to the issue.

The more that scumbags like Matthews scream about "birthers"....the more people will evetually become birthers....lol

specsaregood
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
No doubt they are looking for something they can twist to smear him.

And when the msnbc staff troll this forum, anti-federalist just gave them something to ask him. Will he "hold his tongue" if they ask him about it directly?

He did a great job!

Razmear
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
fyi: RawStory.com just changed the headline to say the armed man was a Ron Paul supporter, just in case you want to use their comment system to show them some lov3

eb

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
And when the msnbc staff troll this forum, anti-federalist just gave them something to ask him. Will he "hold his tongue" if they ask him about it directly?

He did a great job!

Perhaps,
He will say that he just wants to know the TRUTH.

The media is stupid, A battle of wits with them is unfair.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM

Damn right I did.

Let it come up, let all of it come up, this whole thing is getting ready to bust wide open.

Which is why another "false flag" event is in the works.

If you don't want another decade of increased state power because "10/27 Changed everything" then the word better get out, so that option, based on an event whether real or contrived, is forever closed off to the powers that be.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 05:47 PM

He did a great job!

Maybe they will.

I could very well have the wrong guy.

He could say, "no, I don't think that at all".

Bman
08-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Anyone who knows this guy tell him great job repeatedly for the coming months.

specsaregood
08-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Maybe they will.
I could very well have the wrong guy.
He could say, "no, I don't think that at all".

And just like the birther question, it will force the media to bring up the subject. :D
I'll consider it a win.

inibo
08-11-2009, 05:50 PM

Not to take away anything from William Kostric for a valiant defense in the face of massive ignorance and bile, but Chris Matthews doesn't need any help looking like an ass.

sratiug
08-11-2009, 05:51 PM
He should ask the next interviewer if the secret service is armed.

max
08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
i wish he would have called Matthews out on the fact that he was former press secratary for legendary leftist Speaker of the House Tip O'neal.

Matthews is a democrat party hack masquerading as a journalist

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Not to take away anything from William Kostric for a valiant defense in the face of massive ignorance and bile, but Chris Matthews doesn't need any help looking like an ass.

True
But it was fun to watch. :D

mport1
08-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I hope a lot of people start peacefully open carrying at every Obama event from now on.

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
I hope a lot of people start peacefully open carrying at every Obama event from now on.

I hope people will start OCing at every event, everyday.
Till a gun on the hip is as common as a hat.

mport1
08-11-2009, 06:28 PM
YouTube - Obama gun carrier reflects on publicity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Tas00WZ0Q)

William on the Ridley Report.

StayTrue
08-11-2009, 07:09 PM
great job by william

torchbearer
08-11-2009, 07:23 PM
greek orthodox FTW!

RM918
08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
Wonderful. Found this along the news vine:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/walsh/politics/2009/08/12/william_kostric/

torchbearer
08-11-2009, 08:04 PM

the comments are crazy stupid.
the only nuts I see are the ones posting comments about getting someone else to threaten the guy.

Mr. Kostric

William, my brother-in-law Jerry is retired military intelligence and subsequently Secret Service, from which he has also retired. But. I'm sure his hooks back in and up remain just fine, and I will be passing along everything I can glean about your dipshit ass. (Not that they're not already on your case.)

Just to give you something rational be worry about. Sleep tight.

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 08:06 PM

http://www.salon.com//walsh/politics/2009/08/12/william_kostric/

Wow, There is some hard left spin on that knuckle ball.

To be expected I suppose.
leaves little hope for the future.

Don't Tread on Mike
08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
That was great, Chris Matthews realized that he couldnt make that guy look like an insane criminal and gave up.

Scofield
08-11-2009, 08:10 PM

Very little.

This country is doomed.

MsDoodahs
08-11-2009, 08:20 PM
When Mathews asked him to talk about presidential appearances and guns, I wish he would have said something along the lines of, "yes, at every presidential appearance there are MANY MANY loaded guns - in the hands of the SS."

JeNNiF00F00
08-11-2009, 08:21 PM
Chris Matthews said "god damn" lol

Overall I think the guy handled himself quite well. The comments however are scary.

Dianne
08-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Guysssssssssssssss, Galllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllls.... forget msnbc... forget nbc.......forget cnbc.... this is federal government "tokyo rose" media. If you were given 140 billion dollars by the Obama administration via GE bailouts..... would you bite the hand that feeds you? This is a government owned station..... turn it off... ask your cable provider to treat it as the plague. Do not support these stations and please tell everyone you know to never tune into them again. They are non players... they are the scourge... they are dishonest... corrupt and certainly not a true news media.

catdd
08-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Chris Matthews said "god damn" lol

Overall I think the guy handled himself quite well. The comments however are scary.

Yeah, I brought that up too. Evidently it isn't such a big deal these days.

muzzled dogg
08-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Oh shit i met this dude in minnesota

thrillhouse
08-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Good for him, job well done.

Dianne
08-11-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm furious reading this article.... none of us or anyone we know should be watching Chris Matthews... These guys are government owned.... stop it... let the station die a slow death... they are not news reporters... they are white house minions... never...... please never.......give them one second of credibility by posting anything their government owned propaganda has to say.

Chris Matthews... if you want to discuss the taxpayer 140 billion bailout package your company received, and wish to discuss (with a serious face, lol) your impartiality in news reporting....... bring it on baby..... bring it on.

Jason T
08-11-2009, 08:39 PM
He needs to go on Freedom watch.

muzzled dogg
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=William+Kostric&init=quick#/group.php?gid=116741511750

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM

Here's one that sums it up:

numfarvera
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 06:47 PM

This guy has no idea what he just asked for
His paranoia will be justified really soon.

Frikin' nut...................

This is getting better by the second, two sides, (Mr. Krostic belonging to neither side, like most of us here) are eyeing each other up, talking trash and trying to work themselves up to a fight.

One side is scared and the other is glad of it.

Mandrik
08-11-2009, 08:49 PM
greek orthodox FTW!

There are A TON of Greek Orthodox, myself included, that are awake and aware. The most spiritual Greek Orthodox man I know is an RP supporter, and the godfather of one of my daughters (he isn't a priest). I'm happy to hear a GO priest did this for William. I'm going to try to find info on the church and write him a thank you letter.

Edit-here is the church info:

http://www.stnickportsmouth.org/

angelatc
08-11-2009, 08:51 PM
the guy's a genius!!

p.s. also cowlesy, nice moderator, i made a mistake when i signed up. could you change my user name to "low time preference guy". thanks!

If you press the white triangle with an exclamation point, you'll get their attention faster.

FSP-Rebel
08-11-2009, 08:52 PM
I know William and saw him tonight in Manchester at the Freestater's weekly Taproom hangout. He walked in just as the Hardball interview (that we were all watching) ended, he received a standing ovation by all of us and even some of the random locals that were in the pub. He even signed a few autographs as well. We are very pleased with how he handled himself. And, now the liberals know what kind of state NH really is, thx to the interview. Gun-toting is like the main cultural concept up here. It's great activists like William that give the FSP a good name in the liberty-loving realm. If you like this type of thing, consider joining the Free State Project. We have more liberty activists (lb. for lb.) than any other place in the world, and we grow every week.

angelatc
08-11-2009, 08:54 PM
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=William+Kostric&init=quick#/group.php?gid=116741511750

LOL! I joined. Friend me dammit

angelatc
08-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I brought that up too. Evidently it isn't such a big deal these days.

I think it is a big deal. I never hear it.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 09:02 PM
You guys are doing great down south.

I'm up north in the woods, don't have chance to get down to Manchester much.

Keep up the great work.

I know William and saw him tonight in Manchester at the Freestater's weekly Taproom hangout. He walked in just as the Hardball interview (that we were all watching) ended, he received a standing ovation by all of us and even some of the random locals that were in the pub. He even signed a few autographs as well. We are very pleased with how he handled himself. And, now the liberals know what kind of state NH really is, thx to the interview. Gun-toting is like the main cultural concept up here. It's great activists like William that give the FSP a good name in the liberty-loving realm. If you like this type of thing, consider joining the Free State Project. We have more liberty activists (lb. for lb.) than any other place in the world, and we grow every week.

AdamT
08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Mathews doesn't deserve to converse with that patriot.

FSP-Rebel
08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
You guys are doing great down south.

I'm up north in the woods, don't have chance to get down to Manchester much.

Keep up the great work.
My bro was in town last weekend and we cruised through the notch up to Bretton Woods. Beautiful scenery, simply breath-taking.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 09:20 PM
My bro was in town last weekend and we cruised through the notch up to Bretton Woods. Beautiful scenery, simply breath-taking.

Gorgeous.

Make the trip in high winter sometime.

You will not be disappointed.

Dreepa
08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Just picked up by CBS news:
http://digg.com/politics/Gun_Toting_Man_Draws_Scrutiny_Outside_Obama_Town_H all

BenIsForRon
08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
This guy is awesome, he totally knew how Matthews was going to attack him coming in.

Anyways, we should all be inspired by this guy, but at the same time, remember, we need a multi-tiered message, if you know what I mean.

BenIsForRon
08-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Guysssssssssssssss, Galllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllls.... forget msnbc... forget nbc.......forget cnbc.... this is federal government "tokyo rose" media. If you were given 140 billion dollars by the Obama administration via GE bailouts..... would you bite the hand that feeds you? This is a government owned station..... turn it off... ask your cable provider to treat it as the plague. Do not support these stations and please tell everyone you know to never tune into them again. They are non players... they are the scourge... they are dishonest... corrupt and certainly not a true news media.

I think Rachel Maddow is more independent than anyone on any other 24 hour news station. Not saying you should agree with everything she says, but she's held Obama's feet to the fire on a few things, and she has been really nice to Dr. Paul.

Keith and stuff
08-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Wow, William did a great job! I like his shirt, Dont Tread on Me indeed.

Live Free or Die folks like William does. Guess what, tons of people carry weapons in New Hampshire. Even though NH has the second lowest rate of cops in the nation, it is the safest state in the nation. That's because of people like William.
Join William, http://www.freestateproject.org/101Reasons

Keith and stuff
08-11-2009, 10:55 PM
And, now the liberals know what kind of state NH really is, thx to the interview. Gun-toting is like the main cultural concept up here. It's great activists like William that give the FSP a good name in the liberty-loving realm. If you like this type of thing, consider joining the Free State Project. We have more liberty activists (lb. for lb.) than any other place in the world, and we grow every week.

That's a real good point. Lots of statists (and others) from all of the Northeast move to NH because it has the strongest economy in the area and lots of high tech and technical jobs.

Maybe this will discourage some of the statists and encourage a few more small government folks.

Of course, NH is by far the best state and is the freest state already. Let's make it even better.

Live Free or Die!

FSP-Rebel
08-11-2009, 11:10 PM
That's a real good point.

Maybe this will discourage some of the statists and encourage a few more small government folks.

Of course, NH is by far the best state and is the freest state already. Let's make it even better.

Live Free or Die!
It's already getting better. We've stopped the dems on the crucial issues and we're going to clean the state house in 2010. We already own the GOP up here and have been making things happen. You might not know this being out in civil disobedience land... the demo stronghold.

ghengis86
08-11-2009, 11:31 PM
well done indeed.

i immediately thought about the armed SS (isn't that ironic? SS?) at a presidential event. also, steering clear of the 'birther' label was smart, regardless of what williams thinks (even if he does believe the investigation into 9/11 was the crap-pile it was). in an interview set-up, where a grade A douche nozzle shouts and won't let you speak, there's no way it would turn out beneficial to the release of a true, long form birth cert. I just think it was nice that F-tard Matthew's gave birthers more play!

i could feel my heart rate and blood pressure rise as the interview wore on and i can only imagine the self restraint it took for william to not react emotionally to such stupidity. the best was when dickface asked if his gun was loaded!

Matthews=Epic fail (can we get a picard/bernanke facepalm overlaid on the nuke mushroom cloud with no lips chris superimposed in the background?)

RedStripe
08-11-2009, 11:48 PM

LOL Randy Weaver is a white supremacist... what a loaded pile of bullshit.

Reason
08-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Of all the possibilities of who could have been open carrying, I don't think we could have picked a better person if we tried.

So happy it wasn't one of the neocon douche-bags from the town hall the other day ranting about how we need to get rid of all the Muslims.

StayTrue
08-11-2009, 11:57 PM
matthews asked the birther questions 7 different times and received 7 no's

StayTrue
08-12-2009, 12:06 AM
the first time i looked at the video there was 340 views, now theres 333 views. and theres 139 comments... doesnt add up

RM918
08-12-2009, 12:06 AM
LOL Randy Weaver is a white supremacist... what a loaded pile of bullshit.

The most disgusting thing is the comments on that thread, nothing but 'nutjob this nutjob that and anyone who'd defend him is clearly a nutjob' with absolutely no basis. They have nothing but an unbridled, malicious hate dripping from their words that I've only heard from sociopaths and these people consider themselves the top of the moral pedestal! It literally sickens me.

FSP-Rebel
08-12-2009, 12:18 AM
the first time i looked at the video there was 340 views, now theres 333 views. and theres 139 comments... doesnt add up
The media loves us..

Libertarian Ideals
08-12-2009, 12:19 AM
William K. has good reason to be concerned over the loss of freedom and good reason to make sure he keeps his freedom by using it, what with the big deal made over his open carrying Tuesday.

Keith and stuff
08-12-2009, 10:16 AM
matthews asked the birther questions 7 different times and received 7 no's

Yeah, I'd heard the conspiracy before but I didn't know it was a widely held one. I had no idea what birther was. I looked it up on Urban Dictionary. The first definition was about not thinking Obama's BC was valid or something. The second was about racists white people. So, Chris M. on Hardball was clearly trying to go down that road with William.

Since I know William, I can see that I've never seen him say or anything that is racist.

Adrian.Bisson
08-12-2009, 11:20 AM
There are A TON of Greek Orthodox, myself included, that are awake and aware. The most spiritual Greek Orthodox man I know is an RP supporter, and the godfather of one of my daughters (he isn't a priest). I'm happy to hear a GO priest did this for William. I'm going to try to find info on the church and write him a thank you letter.

Edit-here is the church info:

http://www.stnickportsmouth.org/

revangelopappas@yahoo.com

is the priest who gave sanctuary to Mr. Kostric so that he could stay and continue to exercise his rights. I wrote him a thank you note, and I think other people should too! I really appreciate when someone goes out of their way to stand up to the authorities in defense of liberty.

Romulus
08-12-2009, 11:42 AM
William Kostric is real American Hero.

Reason
08-12-2009, 11:46 AM
YouTube - Obama gun carrier reflects on publicity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Tas00WZ0Q)

revolutionisnow
08-12-2009, 11:48 AM
What is the secret service style earpiece for? I've seen a lot of people asking that question

pcosmar
08-12-2009, 11:53 AM
What is the secret service style earpiece for? I've seen a lot of people asking that question

Radio?
Telephone?
Mp3 player?

Saw it, but it could be any of several common devices.

Porcupine 411 comes to mind.

Mandrik
08-12-2009, 11:56 AM
revangelopappas@yahoo.com

is the priest who gave sanctuary to Mr. Kostric so that he could stay and continue to exercise his rights. I wrote him a thank you note, and I think other people should too! I really appreciate when someone goes out of their way to stand up to the authorities in defense of liberty.

I e-mailed Father Pappas last night to say thanks. He may not respond for a while as this is a very holy week on the Greek Orthodox calendar.

Anti Federalist
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Radio?
Telephone?
Mp3 player?

Saw it, but it could be any of several common devices.

Porcupine 411 comes to mind.

That's exactly what it was.

BenIsForRon
08-12-2009, 02:15 PM
"the sign was... semi appropriate." haha

He's right though, sometimes the more extreme viewpoint needs to be presented to wake some people up. Reminds them of what is at stake ultimately.

xd9fan
08-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Chris needs this quote slammed down his throat:

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy, In a speech at the White House, 1962
35th president of US 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Chris loves the Kennedy's right?

angelatc
08-12-2009, 03:01 PM
the comments are crazy stupid.
the only nuts I see are the ones posting comments about getting someone else to threaten the guy.

But it goes to show you how much homework Chris Matthews does before an interview. :)

moostraks
08-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Glad to see some good Orthodox folks out there, but from what I am reading liberals are frothing at the church. Seems they want to play the tax exempt card with them. Irregardless of this particular parishes stance on 501c , this should be another indicator for why this should be avoided at all costs by churches.

Keith and stuff
08-12-2009, 05:29 PM
William is on Free Talk Live live!
Tune in or check the archives.
http://freetalklive.com/

maqsur
08-12-2009, 05:41 PM
He did a decent job with the interview; didn't get flustered or anything. Matthews even had to tone down his shouting at the end because William was 'killing' him with kindness.

Keith and stuff
08-12-2009, 05:54 PM
He did a decent job with the interview; didn't get flustered or anything. Matthews even had to tone down his shouting at the end because William was 'killing' him with kindness.

Yes he did. He did even better on the Free Talk Live interview, though.

Bruno
08-12-2009, 05:55 PM

Yeah, after being a total ass for seven minutes, he says, "I want to be nice to you"

amy31416
08-12-2009, 07:05 PM
I read some of the left's responses to this guy, funny how they're suddenly in favor of guns when it comes to killing a man who had the audacity to exercise his first and second amendment rights when the president is in the vicinity.

How much more warped can things get?

Peace&Freedom
08-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Excellent performance by a free man standing up to a 'full Monty' attack interview psychop treatment by Matthews. What I don't get are the posters earlier on who thought the most important thing was that Kostric didn't speak to birther or truther issues. That is the umpteenth demonstration of how thin-skinned they are towards the mere mention of truth issues, on either of those fronts.

What are they afraid of, liberty people being marginalized? The entire mode of Matthews' barrage was to paint Kostric as a loony, on the gun-carrying issue alone. How are people still carrying on as if only 'some' issues are being used to demonize us, when the fact is clearly all our stances are treated as politically toxic?

FSP-Rebel
08-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Yes he did. He did even better on the Free Talk Live interview, though.
Yep, I just listened to the podcast now @ http://freetalklive.com.

Michigan11
08-12-2009, 11:31 PM
why limit this to congressional summer recess?

Imagine if "angry mobs" of americans started showing up at local liberal newspapers and tv stations week after week.

Enemy #1 is not the state...it's the media!....because without media bias, the statists could never get away with their bullshit.

this.

+1,000,000,000000000000000000000000000000

d_goddard
08-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Free Staters have been doing "open carry litter pickups" for over a year now. In many of the major cities -- Manchester, etc -- it's no big deal anymore to see half-a-dozen armed men & women cleaning up the local parks & sidewalks.

I will never forget the time when, at a public hearing on a gun control bill (which was of course killed), one of "our" people pointed out that lots of the citizens in the room were armed, and yet, all were peaceful.

You have to see for yourself what one of the Senators said in reply :)
Don Gorman Testifies Against NH SB44 (2007) (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8047016128665007678&hl=en)

"What would your gun rights be like in a free state?"
http://www.freestateproject.org/intro/gun_rights

Keith and stuff
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Free Staters have been doing "open carry litter pickups" for over a year now. In many of the major cities -- Manchester, etc -- it's no big deal anymore to see half-a-dozen armed men & women cleaning up the local parks & sidewalks.

It's not just free staters, though. I know a guy towards the middle of the state that didn't move to New Hampshire as part of the FSP who organizes open carry litter pickups. Sometimes free staters join him, sometimes they don't. I know he sometimes does them without any free staters being there.

But yeah, I agree with your major point :)

Keith and stuff
08-13-2009, 11:21 AM
William was covered on the Daily Show at 2:45-3:45 and 7:31-7:54.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/89575/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-wed-aug-12-2009#s-p1-so-i0

Vessol
08-13-2009, 11:30 AM
William was covered on the Daily Show at 2:45-3:45 and 7:31-7:54.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/89575/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-wed-aug-12-2009#s-p1-so-i0

Always using those soundbytes well, that Jon Stewart :rolleyes:

Krugerrand
08-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Always using those soundbytes well, that Jon Stewart :rolleyes:

Fair response to ask why anybody would carry an unloaded firearm. I'd bet Jon Stewart has never carried an unloaded firearm with him.

FSP-Rebel
08-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I have participated in the open carry activism and the police have yet to bother me. Nor has any residents been scared off me when seeing me armed. Although, I get a lot of people asking me if I'm in law enforcement or the military.

Vessol
08-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Fair response to ask why anybody would carry an unloaded firearm. I'd bet Jon Stewart has never carried an unloaded firearm with him.

I wouldn't believe the partisan hack he is would even know anything about how to even use again, let alone carry it.

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I have participated in the open carry activism and the police have yet to bother me. Nor has any residents been scared off me when seeing me armed. Although, I get a lot of people asking me if I'm in law enforcement or the military.

I used to get that question,,,a lot.
Then I sewed a police dept patch upside down on my colors.
They stopped asking.

Keith and stuff
08-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Ok, here is the direct link to the Daily Show coverage,
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-12-2009/pr

pcosmar
08-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Ok, here is the direct link to the Daily Show coverage,
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-12-2009/pr

The Daily Show is not coverage, It is comedy at best. Propaganda for the brain dead as a rule.

FSP-Rebel
08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
The Daily Show is not coverage, It is comedy at best. Propaganda for the brain dead as a rule.
Every little bit helps, I think.

Keith and stuff
08-13-2009, 04:47 PM
William was talked about on Morning Joe where Pat Buchanan also explained that carrying guns is normal in NH on the MSNBC show Morning Joe.

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&vid=25f3b93e-c602-43dd-beeb-9e700ca36fee

Keith and stuff
08-14-2009, 02:53 PM
He is a Disney video about by the Sons of Liberty about the Liberty Tree :)
YouTube - Sons of Liberty - The Liberty Tree (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOUzQ9Di6jQ)

xd9fan
08-14-2009, 05:30 PM
great video!!!
hollywood would do well if they did stuff like this......and I dont want spoonfeed nationalism......but patriotism.....there is a big difference.....I still think the revolution and the hundreds of sidestories it created...are the greatest stories never told.

america is starving for liberty.
Even WashingtonDC fireworks at the 4th of July ring hollow for me.

I guess thats why these tea parties work for me.......they are real people, real americans....wanting real liberty.....

satchelmcqueen
08-14-2009, 07:31 PM
now if everyone carried that was able too, well, that would be just great. i need to get my license to do so, which imo is just asking for permission...but i guess you have to follow the law to some extent.

Anti Federalist
08-14-2009, 08:00 PM
now if everyone carried that was able too, well, that would be just great. i need to get my license to do so, which imo is just asking for permission...but i guess you have to follow the law to some extent.

If your state is "open carry", then it probably the same as most others.

You need no license to carry openly.

In NH, as an example, you can "open carry" with this exception, you cannot carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle, open or concealed, without a CCW "permit".

Good resource here:

http://opencarry.org/maps.html

FSP-Rebel
08-14-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm so glad I moved to NH from that oppressive state of Mich. Granted, not a tough choice by any means... I carry most everywhere I go which I couldn't do back in the cesspool I mentioned. The fact that guns are cool here and no state income or sales taxes plus I don't have to wear my seatbelt, sold. And I forgot to mention that we aren't forced to have mandatory car insurance either. Plus the scenery is to die for.

Keith and stuff
08-17-2009, 06:21 PM
William is inspiring others!

http://thefastertimes.com/nonsensenews/2009/08/17/the-william-kostric-interview-part-one/

A quote from the article, "Breaking update, 3:05 pm — The following video and links were sent to me by… William Kostric (of all people). Two men were seen carrying AR-15 assault rifles (as well as a single pistol) outside an Obama event in Phoenix, Arizona. Here’s the first video that we have available—"

Mandrik
08-17-2009, 06:26 PM
William Kostric Effect in action! I have a strong feeling we're going to be seeing a lot more of this in the immediate future, hopefully to the point where it's happening so much the news won't feel the need to report on it. In reality, it's about the same as reporting on a car driving the speed limit on the proper side of the road.

"A man was filmed peacefully walking down the street earlier this afternoon. Find out what he had to say, TONIGHT AT 10!"

Keith and stuff
08-17-2009, 09:32 PM
CNN covers the William event in NH again and now the effect folks in AZ :)
YouTube - People Bring Assault Weapons/Pistols To Obama Event (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3L2mxTmTe8)

Dianne
08-17-2009, 09:41 PM
OMG Chris Matthews looks sick.... he's a loser... desperate individual trying to make news. He is a "non player"... MSNBC that the best you can do?? Olbermann your chosen one? Say goodbye to MSNBC... about time.

And by the way GE... the stove I have of yours doesn't work either... Hope the 140billion we the taxpayers gave you will help you blossom into something worth while..

Keith and stuff
08-17-2009, 11:23 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090817/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_protesters_guns

Fred Solop, a Northern Arizona University political scientist, said "When you start to bring guns to political rallies, it does layer on another level of concern and significance," Solop said. "It actually becomes quite scary for many people. It creates a chilling effect in the ability of our society to carry on honest communication."

Well, Fred, I'm sorry that you don't like the normal political culture of NH. This isn't some new trend. It's been the norm in NH for years. NH is the safest state in the nation and is known as the most important (at least of a per capita basis) state politically in the nation. So clearly, it doesn't mean much for crime or ending the debate.