PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Health Care Town Hall at OSU Tomorrow 8/12!!

TheState
08-11-2009, 03:28 PM
We just got news that Sen. Sherrod Brown will most likely be holding a health care town hall meeting at OSU tomorrow morning. Apparently, an email went out to supporters, but his office will neither confirm or deny when we called. It sounds like they are trying to avoid opposition.

The details are below. If anyone is in Columbus, we would love to have a presence at this event. Don't let them shut out our voices!!

WHEN: Tomorrow, Wednesday, August 12th at 9:00 AM (event starts at 10, but it’s important to get there early!)

WHERE: OSU Biomedical Research Tower, 460 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210-2210

Sen. Brown’s event inside is entitled “What Does Health Care Reform Mean to Me?

angelatc
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
I will spread this around the net, while Kraig and Sandman fret in another thread about how unclean my oven might be, and how making it sparkle should excite me to no end.

(It's actually self-cleaning as I type!)

TheState
08-11-2009, 03:45 PM
I will spread this around the net, while Kraig and Sandman fret in another thread about how unclean my oven might be, and how making it sparkle should excite me to no end.

(It's actually self-cleaning as I type!)

Thanks!!

TheState
08-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Obama sent out an email to "Organizing for America", but we can't even get confirmation from Brown's office? Crazy!

Friend --

I wanted to send you an urgent invitation to an important forum with Sen. Sherrod Brown this Wednesday, August 12th. He'll be talking to constituents and gathering feedback -- this is an ideal opportunity to make sure your support for health insurance reform is seen and heard at exactly the right time.

Our congressional representatives are back home this month, and they're facing more and more pressure from special interests on health insurance reform. It's critical that we get out there and show them where we stand.

I hope you can join us.

What: Health Reform Forum with
Sen. Sherrod Brown

Where: OSU Biomedical Research Tower
460 West 12th Avenue
Columbus , OH 43210

When: Wednesday, August 12th
Arrival Time: 9:00 a.m.
Start Time: 10:15 a.m.

RSVP

Our representatives are under attack by Washington insiders, insurance companies, and well-financed special interests who don't go a day without spreading lies and stirring up fear. We need to show that we're sick and tired of it, and that we're ready for real change, this year.

Please come to the forum, and make sure that the most powerful voices in this debate are those calling for real reform, not angrily clamoring for the status quo.

RSVP here:

http://oh.barackobama.com/ColumbusTH

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Schultz
Ohio State Director
Organizing for America

P.S. -- Before the event, please print off a flyer to display and make sure that your support is visible.

TheState
08-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Just got back from the town hall meeting. It was painful. An extremely pro-health care crowd (probably bc they are the only ones who were invited). Union guys were allowed to walk the crowd handing out pro-health care reform stickers (even inside the town hall during the meeting). Lots of people complaining how the free market has failed and only government can solve these problems. :mad: