PDA

View Full Version : $500,000!!! Spread the word here!

Elwar
09-27-2007, 11:50 AM
We need to get the word out as soon as possible, every one of us needs to send out a letter telling the world how Ron Paul's support is huge. He set a 7 day goal of raising a half million dollars and achieved it in 4 days. (this needs to hit the news for those Friday paychecks to boost that dollar amount even more!)

Fred Thompson has done us a favor by creating this nice little widgit that makes it easy to send your LTE out to all the newspapers in your area:

http://fred08.com/SpreadTheWord/SpreadTheWord.aspx

Let them know that our online presence translates to more than just winning online polls and huge web traffic, it translates into large amounts of people giving with their online donations. All in the name of Freedom!

Stealth4
09-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Dont forget to add, that people should keep donating and make it $1 million

ghemminger
09-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm editing and getting the Mass email comming!!!

hopeforamerica
09-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Will it have FT all over it if we use the widget? Cause it's really cool, but I don't want my stuff contaminated with FT garbage!!

libertarian4321
09-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Ok, so he hasn't hit 500,000 yet (edit to come later).

We need to get the word out as soon as possible, every one of us needs to send out a letter telling the world how Ron Paul's support is huge. He set a 7 day goal of raising a half million dollars and achieved it in 4 days. (this needs to hit the news for those Friday paychecks to boost that dollar amount even more!)

Fred Thompson has done us a favor by creating this nice little widgit that makes it easy to send your LTE out to all the newspapers in your area:

Let them know that our online presence translates to more than just winning online polls and huge web traffic, it translates into large amounts of people giving with their online donations. All in the name of Freedom!

If this works, we should thank Fred for making it easier to get out the word about Ron Paul!

I wonder if Fred was smart enough to realize that most online savvy folks support Ron Paul. If so, he may have some sort of filter to keep out pro-Ron Paul letters. However, I doubt that he is this astute...

ghemminger
09-27-2007, 12:07 PM
It's still a great resource tool - it lists all Papers and CIRCULATION! that is hot!

libertarian4321
09-27-2007, 12:18 PM
DONE!

I sent a brief letter explaining how Texan Ron Paul is the real conservative choice for President, not "big government" Republicans like Giuliani and the other "viable" candidates. It should play well here in Texas.

Lets see if it gets through Thompson's censors :).

RP4ME
09-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Ok, so he hasn't hit 500,000 yet (edit to come later).

Thsi siawesome Ill post my ltters later!!!

ghemminger
09-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Do it VERY quick because once FT HQ gets wind o this they will shut it down - fo sho

Delaware
09-27-2007, 12:26 PM
It is going sooo slow, i have work at 4:30 hopefully i can see it break before then.

Elwar
09-27-2007, 12:27 PM
The Internet phenomenon, Ron Paul, turns his online presence into real world numbers this week by gaining $500,000 in online donations in just 4 days. With the end of the fundraising quarter coming on September 30th, all candidates are trying to put in their last push for that ever powerful reflection of support, the donation. On Monday afternoon Ron Paul's campaign put together an online fundraiser with the goal of reaching $500,000 by the end of the quarter. His web site ronpaul2008.com has a thermometer showing the dollar amount of the donations updated live along with the name and city of donaters who have recently donated. Not only did Ron Paul reach his goal, the numbers continue to rise by the hour.

Ron Paul's presidential candidacy is widely known on the Internet. His website has the most web traffic of all other presidential candidates, Republican or Democrat, according to google trends and alexa.com. He consistently wins the majority of online polls that include him, and he has almost 50,000 volunteers on meetup.com.

The question has often been asked whether or not Ron Paul's online presence would translate into real world numbers. It appears as though that question has been answered.

Eli
09-27-2007, 12:52 PM
The Internet phenomenon, Ron Paul, turns his online presence into real world numbers this week by gaining $500,000 in online donations in just 4 days. With the end of the fundraising quarter coming on September 30th, all candidates are trying to put in their last push for that ever powerful reflection of support, the donation. On Monday afternoon Ron Paul's campaign put together an online fundraiser with the goal of reaching $500,000 by the end of the quarter. His web site ronpaul2008.com has a thermometer showing the dollar amount of the donations updated live along with the name and city of donaters who have recently donated. Not only did Ron Paul reach his goal, the numbers continue to rise by the hour.

Ron Paul's presidential candidacy is widely known on the Internet. His website has the most web traffic of all other presidential candidates, Republican or Democrat, according to google trends and alexa.com. He consistently wins the majority of online polls that include him, and he has almost 50,000 volunteers on meetup.com.

The question has often been asked whether or not Ron Paul's online presence would translate into real world numbers. It appears as though that question has been answered.

Add in a quick speel about how he's winning nearly every straw poll and i think we have a winner!

ghemminger
09-27-2007, 12:54 PM

Awesome Elwar!!! This is it!

ghemminger
09-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the ARTICLE ElWAR - took me 5 minutes -hit up 25 publications in SoCAL...lol

Elwar
09-27-2007, 01:02 PM
I already sent it in...I figure the newsrooms will take a while to get their articles out and they can watch the thermometer in anticipation like the rest of us :)

Elwar
09-27-2007, 05:31 PM
woo hoo

torchbearer
09-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Looks like the word is getting out!
http://lawfuel.com/show-release.asp?ID=15366

Posted on Thursday, September 27, 2007

LAWFUEL - The Legal Newswire - Frankly, I'm floored. And very, very grateful. Our $500,000 online fundraising goal for the end of the quarter was reached so fast it took my breath away. But we can't stop now. So I am raising the bar to $1 million by midnight, September 30th. I am so grateful for all you have done. Would you help me with this?

Whenever I face a hit piece on tv, or a smear in a newspaper column, I remember my secret weapon: you. In establishment politics, people make campaign contributions because they want something: a contract, a subsidy, a special-interest deal. But the thousands of people who contribute to this campaign want no favors from big government -- which must come at the expense of their fellow citizens, and sometimes our soldiers' lives. They want only what is their God-given, natural, and constitutional right: their freedom.

What a difference from the other campaigns. What a refreshing change from politics as usual. What a sign of the reborn American freedom that can be ours, and our children's, and our grandchildren's.

Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more.

And the next step to not taking it is that $1 million goal. Please give www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/ as much as you can, before midnight on Sunday, September 30th.

There are two reasons: 1) We need the money. As we move into the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary, then South Carolina, California, Texas, and all the rest, we need your support. We can't duplicate the spending of the big boys, and we don't have to, thanks to the internet and our magnificent army of volunteers.

But we need constant website improvements, phone banks, voter registration and get out the vote efforts, mailings, travel, printings, many small offices, targeted TV and radio ads, legal and accounting help, and 101 other things. And without donors like you, we can't do a darn thing.

2) I want to make the mainstream media sit up and take notice. They did when we beat John McCain for cash-on-hand in the last quarter. This quarter, we can really shock them -- if you help. Our total can show the sort of enthusiasm, organization, and grassroots support that will chill every big-government backer, and warm the heart of every lover of freedom -- and open the eyes of the media.

Please, help me win a victory for liberty with your most generous gift. You and I are engaged in an historic enterprise. It is growing in power and influence by the day and by the hour. But it will stutter to a stop without people like you. I need your help. Our cause needs your help. We can make $1 million. We can win this thing. Please help me do it. See our progress and donate today: www.ronpaul2008.com .