PDA

View Full Version : Simple Grassroots Campaign Idea

KanTuck22
08-11-2009, 12:06 PM
This is probably not a new idea to anyone here but I will go ahead and tell it anyway just in case someone hasn't thought of it yet.

I attend the University of Kentucky and I have recently aquired some Rand Paul campaign material. I park in a huge parking structure and I keep the material in my backpack. When I see a car that has a McCain sticker, Friends of Coal sticker, Military sticker, or some other sticker that may give me a hint that they are a Republican voter, I will stick a Bernanke buck and a Ron Paul brochure card underneath their windshield wiper.

Just thought this would be a quick and easy way to reach Republican voters in Kentucky.

RyanRSheets
08-11-2009, 12:09 PM
I was going to start doing this around where I live, but I wanted to make a flyer tuned toward Democrats as well because I have had a lot of them mention that they like Rand and would love to vote for him if he wins the primary. I always tell them they should register Republican because Conway and Mongiardo aren't going to be much different.

IPSecure
08-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Will anyone be providing a booth at the Kentucky State Fair, which starts on the 20th?

Anyone going to pass out literature at the fair?

What about county fairs?

KanTuck22
08-11-2009, 12:17 PM
The county fairs are being targeted aggresively by the grassroots campaign.

Jeremy Tyler
08-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Will anyone be providing a booth at the Kentucky State Fair, which starts on the 20th?

Anyone going to pass out literature at the fair?

What about county fairs?

There will be a C4L booth there, I'll be attending it sometimes, I plan on passing out some rand stuff, don't worry;)

Eric21ND
09-04-2009, 05:01 AM
This is probably not a new idea to anyone here but I will go ahead and tell it anyway just in case someone hasn't thought of it yet.

I attend the University of Kentucky and I have recently aquired some Rand Paul campaign material. I park in a huge parking structure and I keep the material in my backpack. When I see a car that has a McCain sticker, Friends of Coal sticker, Military sticker, or some other sticker that may give me a hint that they are a Republican voter, I will stick a Bernanke buck and a Ron Paul brochure card underneath their windshield wiper.

Just thought this would be a quick and easy way to reach Republican voters in Kentucky.
Yup great idea! I usually leave Rand Paul info and a bumper sticker. If you see any left leaning stickers then leave information highlighting Rand's anti-war credentials or ending the drug war.

Matt Collins
09-04-2009, 08:30 PM
REGARDING THE KY STATE FAIR:

Get a hold of Christi Gillespie on Facebook or the Rand Paul Meetup - she is the Volunteer Coordinator. Wes Collins is also fairly involved in that sort of coordination.

slothman
09-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Yup great idea! I usually leave Rand Paul info and a bumper sticker. If you see any left leaning stickers then leave information highlighting Rand's anti-war credentials or ending the drug war.

Why do they have to be left-leaning?
Republicans are pro-war and pro drug war as well.

centure7
09-04-2009, 10:47 PM
I get pissed off when someone puts something under my windshield wipers. Why not use the driver-side window instead?

One thing that is easy to do in urban areas is to slide letters under each apartment door. It may also work to wedge fliers into mailbox flags.

slothman
09-04-2009, 11:47 PM
I get pissed off when someone puts something under my windshield wipers. Why not use the driver-side window instead?

One thing that is easy to do in urban areas is to slide letters under each apartment door. It may also work to wedge fliers into mailbox flags.

Offtopic:
Someone put a sticky thing on my window.
I have to get it off the same way as I do for the registration.
If I have to choose between the two I would easily say the windshield.