PDA

View Full Version : Protester seen with gun outside Obama town hall

..PAUL4PRES..
08-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Protester seen with gun outside Obama town hall

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/08/11/pro...
MSNBC’s Ron Allen is reporting that cameras filmed a protester with a handgun strapped to his leg outside President Barack Obama’s town hall meeting in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The man was seen carrying a sign saying “It’s time to water the tree of liberty.”
http://current.com/items/90661781_protester-seen-with-gun-outside-obama-town-hall.htm

pinkmandy
08-11-2009, 11:47 AM
They have open carry in NH. Probably part of the reason they chose NH for the town hall, they knew some protesters would actually have their guns, just like they always do.

DapperDan
08-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Good for him exercising his rights to both free speech and 2nd amendment :)

Cowlesy
08-11-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm suspicious of this. Open Carry okay, but such a provocative sign???

hmmmm.....

DapperDan
08-11-2009, 11:51 AM

hmmmm.....

That too.

Uriel999
08-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Omg MSNBC is a flaming liberal channel. For christs sake do you honestly think the man open carrying is going to kill the president?! Hell they were talking about how the place could end up with violence from the protesters on both sides. So then does that not validate the man being armed so that he could protect himself?

DapperDan
08-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Possible. I still stand that he's exercising his rights amazingly :)

..PAUL4PRES..
Omg MSNBC is a flaming liberal channel. For christs sake do you honestly think the man open carrying is going to kill the president?! Hell they were talking about how the place could end up with violence from the protesters on both sides. So then does that not validate the man being armed so that he could protect himself?

No. I dont. Im just posting the story. New Hamsphire has open carry. I actually expected there to be many more doing the same thing.

Cowlesy
his sign at the bottom says "brought to you by restoretherepublic.com" --- is that Gary Franchi's group?

Uriel999
08-11-2009, 11:57 AM
No. I dont. Im just posting the story. New Hamsphire has open carry. I actually expected there to be many more doing the same thing.

My comment was not aimed at you, it was rhetorical in nature and aimed at the fools that in that video.

Speaking of more open carrying folks, where were the open carrying free staters!?

UnReconstructed
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM
o dear... o dear... a man with a gun. someone call the police.

..PAUL4PRES..
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM
My comment was not aimed at you, it was rhetorical in nature and aimed at the fools that in that video.

Speaking of more open carrying folks, where were the open carrying free staters!?

Sorry man. I been on Yahoo Answers for a couple of minutes. Im used to people adressing me when I post. We are on the same team. No hard feelings.

tangent4ronpaul
08-11-2009, 12:13 PM
hmmm... well, his VP isn't nearly as dangerous....

so would that make Peloski VP? Would that be a good or bad thing... VP's are not supposed to be actively involved in Congress unless there is a tie vote....

-t

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 12:19 PM
re-posted, from the other thread.

God bless him.
He is going to face hell,

For doing nothing wrong
For exercising his rights.
For being a free citizen
For being Law abiding
For being alone.

There should be a thousand rifles there.

fedup100
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM
his sign at the bottom says "brought to you by restoretherepublic.com" --- is that Gary Franchi's group?

It sure is.

FSP-Rebel
08-11-2009, 01:37 PM

This is so cool that one of my friends was on MSNBC today. Most freestaters conceal their heaters at protest events, but my dude William is a badass. He told me the other day that he hoped to create some waves.:cool:

gls
08-11-2009, 01:43 PM
lol at how appalled the talking heads are by the guy open carrying. the one in the studio said something about getting an "emergency injunction" to stop him. Yeah, it doesn't work like that :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 01:54 PM
More media bullshit.

First, NH has no registration policy, so there is no way the firearm could possibly be "registered".

I'll bet dollars to donuts that there were many more people carrying concealed.

I know I was.

I'll also bet, since I think I know who this man is, that he, in fact, has a CCW.

Just the reaction to the media "talking heads" pissing their panties was worth it.

LibertyEagle
08-11-2009, 01:56 PM
lol at how appalled the talking heads are by the guy open carrying. the one in the studio said something about getting an "emergency injunction" to stop him. Yeah, it doesn't work like that :rolleyes:

Yeah, but the sad point is that it will freak out a lot of people in other parts of the country, who don't understand the law in New Hampshire. I think that was the goal. You know, evil gun owners and all that.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, but the sad point is that it will freak out a lot of people in other parts of the country, who don't understand the law in New Hampshire. I think that was the goal. You know, evil gun owners and all that.

NH's law is not much different than most other states.

The only people it will freak out are castrated urbanites in places like NY, LA, Chicago and DC.

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 02:55 PM

hmmmm.....

Crazy wild thread at PP forum on this:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=125624.0

He's (William) is on Matthews right now.

fletcher
08-11-2009, 02:57 PM
He was just on Hardball and did a pretty good job. Matthews tried to attack him, call him a birther, ask him why he brought a 'god damned gun', and he kept his cool.

Razmear
08-11-2009, 04:07 PM
YouTube link to the hardball interview:

YouTube - Hardball With Chris Matthews - 8/11/2009: Protester brings gun to town hall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YenmmIDmRo0)

He handled himself very well.

eb

edit: note to self: check the forum index first :P

eb

tangent4ronpaul
08-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Wish he hadn't kept shifting his eyes away and been more sure of himself...

but overall, what he said was spot on!

-t

RideTheDirt
08-11-2009, 05:06 PM
I think he did very well. They tried to paint him as some nut, but he calmly informed them that he had the firearm for defensive purposes only.

An armed society is a polite society.

JAlli41
08-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I bet anything this actually will encourage more people to do what he did. I do worry about what the government reaction will be to all this is this becomes a trend... All in all the gentleman did nothing wrong.

pcosmar
08-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I bet anything this actually will encourage more people to do what he did. I do worry about what the government reaction will be to all this is this becomes a trend... All in all the gentleman did nothing wrong.

All Open Carry proponents, Take a bow. This is the best way to educate on 2nd amendment issues.
People don't ask questions about the guns they DON"T see.

RM918
08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
He was a bit shifty, but hell he's on national television dealing with Chris Matthews of all things, a frightening visage if ever there were. Can't blame him for being nervous. He performed very admirably given the circumstances.

Umbro2914
08-11-2009, 08:47 PM
he handled himself very well in the interview, i mean hes just a regular chap off the street, not some polished up orator

FSP-Rebel
08-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Leave it up to a Freestater to be the 1st person in the country to open carry at an Obama event. See, we are about business? Join us, you'll never have a dull moment.

angelatc
08-11-2009, 09:07 PM
John Lott checks in, hat tip @ me - woot!

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2009/08/chris-matthews-interviewing-citizen-who.html

Anti Federalist
08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
John Lott checks in, hat tip @ me - woot!

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/2009/08/chris-matthews-interviewing-citizen-who.html

Good for you!

:D