PDA

View Full Version : Obama Job Approval: Highest in D.C., Hawaii, Vermont

Bradley in DC
08-11-2009, 04:04 AM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/122165/Obama-Approval-Highest-D.C.-Hawaii-Vermont.aspx?version=print

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/ozk-tbq4reall-qj_eza9a.jpg

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/gccbvrcwekkvgky7gvyfmq.gif

tangent4ronpaul
08-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Some of the sample sizes are a joke!

147 people polled in DC??? - get real!

-t

pinkmandy
08-11-2009, 10:49 AM

-t

Agreed. 2091 in VA and the claim that it is 'solid dem'? VA is interesting- some regions ARE solid blue, others solid red. It's pretty much half and half with national level races hotly contested. We were a 'battleground' state and went blue for the first time in a very long time this last election. But not overwhelmingly so by any means.

I live near Page County, VA. When Obama was elected, the local paper refused to carry any stories about him. They didn't cover any of the events. Nothing. They just pretended like it didn't happen. Michelle and the girls took a trip 'to the country' to visit Luray Caverns. The press office called the mayor (someone I know quite well as he's a relative ;) ) and he told them he was 'too busy' for the photo op. :D

Bradley in DC
08-11-2009, 07:03 PM

-t

Fair enough, but I'm not sure DC would poll any differently with a greater sample. :(

malkusm
08-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Fair enough, but I'm not sure DC would poll any differently with a greater sample. :(

Still, I really hope Maryland isn't at 73% - considering he got 60% of the vote in the election, and his actions don't seem to warrant a 13% bump....

It seems that other polls have had Obama's overall (national) approval rating below 50% - this poll seems to have it quite a large margin higher. :confused:

max
08-11-2009, 07:15 PM
This poll is only as of June and measures the cumulative from the January pro-Obama hysteria through June.

Obama's free fall didnt start until July...Henry Louis gates controversy...cap n trade...health care...townhall protests etc.

The July - December numbers will show the magnitude of his crash

NYgs23
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Remember Washington DC is a very liberal city. The states actually have some non-urban areas.

bunklocoempire
08-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Nobody asked me. (Hawaii)

F*** You Frank!

Bunkloco

Bradley in DC
08-11-2009, 08:07 PM
It seems that other polls have had Obama's overall (national) approval rating below 50% - this poll seems to have it quite a large margin higher. :confused:

As another pointed out, sampling dates and difference between registered and likely voters.

ord33
08-11-2009, 10:31 PM
How in the world can they say that Tennessee "leans democrat"??? It is pretty solid republican if you ask me (other than the Western portion). It went easy to McCain in the Presidential election...