PDA

View Full Version : Politico article: They're scared of US!

ScotTX
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
I haven't seen this posted.

Looks like the other guys are shakin' in their shoes!

"Still, the dominant Republican candidate on the Web remains an unheralded player in the offline world: libertarian-leaning Texas Congressman Ron Paul. The GOP aides declined to talk about Paul — in part for fear of his supporters’ online vitriol."

www.politico.com/news/stories/0907/6040.html

hard@work
09-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Actually, it's massive support. Massive support leads to massive responses. There is more "vitriol" comming from the neoconservative supporters. The Paul supporters are rambunctious, and in that I mean they have fun and jab at their opponents. The real venom comes from those who are aware of Paul's message but vehemently disagree.

;-)

Time to start pointing this out.

Zydeco
09-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Pretty fun that they held a web seminar with the Romney, Giuliani, and Thompson campaigns. Combined meetup members: less than 250!

Bob Cochran
09-27-2007, 10:39 AM
The real venom comes from those who are aware of Paul's message but vehemently disagree.

Or, they may agree privately but know that saying so will jeopardize their jobs.

Cindy
09-27-2007, 10:47 AM
And Maria Comella, the deputy communications director for Giuliani, said that her candidate had, in a sense, cracked the code when he picked a fight with MoveOn.org over its advertisement in The New York Times labeling Army Gen. David Petraeus “General Betray Us.”

“Traffic was up dramatically” to Giuliani’s website that day, she said.

This is laughable. They think they "cracked the code" for gaining internet supporters.

They think the code is, "Attack the Democrats to get the sort of internet support Paul has."

The brilliance of these politico campaign analysts leaves one speechless.:rolleyes:

That last sentence about how the FEC will count imaginary gold boulions donations was a poor dig at Paul supporters. I can't wait unti his Q3 earnings come out higher then Q2

mavtek
09-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Sweet!

Johnnybags
09-27-2007, 10:54 AM
This is laughable. They think they "cracked the code" for gaining internet supporters.

They think the code is, "Attack the Democrats to get the sort of internet support Paul has."

The brilliance of these politico campaign analysts leaves one speechless.:rolleyes:

That last sentence about how the FEC will count imaginary gold boulions donations was a poor dig at Paul supporters. I can't wait unti his Q3 earnings come out higher then Q2

and love it for those Chimpanzees?I mean if you paid me 100 bucks I might come on and 80 degree day holding a sign but sure would not be happy about it. I'll do it for free dancing in the streets in hail storm for the good DR! How is any web strategy going to change that?

AcidReign
09-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Be afraid, be very afraid.

First the presidency, then the rest of these joker's jobs.

Cowlesy
09-27-2007, 10:59 AM
I posted a fodder-comment on there :)

constituent
09-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Hah! Vitriol... you ain't seen nothin' yet baby.

keep pushin'

runderwo
09-27-2007, 11:28 AM

Have you ever thought about a career in professional trolling? It's a highly-paid field these days, with many opportunities at companies like FOX.

hard@work
09-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Or, they may agree privately but know that saying so will jeopardize their jobs.

Yeah as far as the punditry goes that's a given. We've already seen a bit of it. As we gain support we'll see more which is exciting, but we need to push them a bit too.

jj111
09-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Register, log in and post your pro-Ron Paul comment underneath the article.

Syren123
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
COWLEY! Way to bait them!! LOL

Dustancostine
09-27-2007, 11:53 AM
BTW Who is RP's senior e-web strategist? LOL

Dustancostine
09-27-2007, 11:57 AM
The panelists also doubted the usefulness, for now, of campaigning in the online universe Second Life, in which some candidates have virtual campaign offices. They also wondered how the convertibility of online currency into real cash would translate into politics. How, Henke wondered, will campaign finance regulations handle a contribution in the form of imaginary gold doubloons?

Has RP or any RP supporters put up a RP HQ in 2nd life? And Revolutions banners on 2nd ilife yet?

When is RP going to start taking Linden dollars? :)

Cowlesy
09-27-2007, 12:01 PM
COWLEY! Way to bait them!! LOL

:)

saku39
09-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I haven't seen this posted.

Looks like the other guys are shakin' in their shoes!

"Still, the dominant Republican candidate on the Web remains an unheralded player in the offline world: libertarian-leaning Texas Congressman Ron Paul. The GOP aides declined to talk about Paul — in part for fear of his supporters’ online vitriol."

www.politico.com/news/stories/0907/6040.html

Vitriol? Most of the vitriol is directed at Ron Paul and it comes from Hannity and people like him. They're just suprised that people are actually calling them on it now.

SewrRatt
09-27-2007, 12:21 PM

ALL supporters of the other candidates, and perhaps the other candidates themselves, are just Ron Paul supporters thinking they're infiltrating the other team, but the other team is all double agents.