PDA

View Full Version : Question for those in the know

Bob Cochran
09-27-2007, 10:04 AM
I haven't been following Ron Paul news as much as I should, so I have what might seem like a dumb question to many of you.

If someone other than Ron Paul receives the Republican nomination for President, and that person is smart enough to ask Ron Paul to be his VP running mate, would Ron Paul accept?

I believe having Dr. Paul as our VP might be a waste of this remarkable man. On the other hand, maybe he could do a great deal of good in that position.

Thoughts?

nullvalu
09-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I think it would be a good way to get his ideas more widely spread and would set him up for an unbeatable presidential run in '12. But we don't have to wait that long, he'll be president in '09.

ghemminger
09-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Ron Paul would probably not except - considering the platform of the other Rep. Candidate

Bob Cochran
09-27-2007, 10:19 AM
If he does get elected, one of the things I'm gonna do is, every day, replay the video of that smug little turd George Stephanopoulos saying, "That's not gonna happen" in reference to Ron Paul winning the election.

And I'm gonna find choice Hannity quotes, and quotes of others who have tried so hard to stop Ron Paul, and I'm gonna document how so many magazines and TV "news" shows have omitted Ron Paul from their reporting, and have a web site that immortalizes all of these creeps.

That's what I'm gonna do.:rolleyes:

CodeMonkey
09-27-2007, 10:20 AM
He has said he wouldn't endorse any candidate who was Pro-Iraq War, so that makes me think he would refuse to serve in a Pro-Iraq War administration.

Bob Cochran
09-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Yeah, that's right. Rudy McRomney are all pro-war, etc. Neocon toadies.

I don't think he'd accept an invitation to be the running mate of any of those twits.

noxagol
09-27-2007, 10:23 AM
If he were vp, I know what I would do....

Zydeco
09-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Paul is going to win the nomination and become president, it's our only way of avoiding becoming a techno-police state.

If he doesn't win, we're screwed. He would not get a VP slot in that case, since what he proposes is radically different from what the CFR trash candidates intend.

micahnelson
09-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Paul is going to win the nomination and become president, it's our only way of avoiding becoming a techno-police state.

Heck no, i'll never listen to techno, especially from the Police. (I didn't even know they were back together)

FrankRep
09-27-2007, 10:38 AM
He has said he wouldn't endorse any candidate who was Pro-Iraq War, so that makes me think he would refuse to serve in a Pro-Iraq War administration.

Yeah, that just eliminated every other candidate in the Republican party.

constituent
09-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Hell no! he can't abandon the good folks of district 14...

i'm hearing rumors of a big money fella potentially entering
the race and we need a genuine heavy like Ron Paul to
send the smug S.O.B. back to the spaghetti western
his mustache rode in on.

brumans
09-27-2007, 11:29 AM

lol

runderwo
09-27-2007, 11:30 AM
I think Ron Paul would best serve liberty in Congress, not in a figurehead sidekick position in the White House.

And yes, I also heard that a neocon will be trying to unseat him in his district, based on Paul's scandalous recommendations that our foreign policy follow the recommendations of our most knowledgeable intelligence officials rather than some vice president's hearsay.

Syren123
09-27-2007, 11:30 AM
If he does get elected, one of the things I'm gonna do is, every day, replay the video of that smug little turd George Stephanopoulos saying, "That's not gonna happen" in reference to Ron Paul winning the election.

And I'm gonna find choice Hannity quotes, and quotes of others who have tried so hard to stop Ron Paul, and I'm gonna document how so many magazines and TV "news" shows have omitted Ron Paul from their reporting, and have a web site that immortalizes all of these creeps.

That's what I'm gonna do.:rolleyes:

I was HOPING someone would do that - collect all the media clips of the negative, smug, know-it-all journalists and talking heads have made against Dr P and edit them all together into one well produced video to be played at the Inauguration Ball I'm going to throw (to which you are all invited). And played on ALL the MSM stations over and over and over....and flood the internet with it.

Syren123
09-27-2007, 11:32 AM

LOL

constituent
09-27-2007, 11:33 AM
if the neo-con you're thinking of happens to be a vengeful
neo-con... we're thinking of different moustaches...

JoshLowry
09-27-2007, 11:37 AM
I'd buy a truckload of pretzels and send them to the President every day if he became the VP.

austin356
09-27-2007, 11:38 AM
lol

some fanatic (most likely a NWO hater; LOL) would surely do so.

Anyone asking Ron Paul to be their running mate is just asking for "it".

brumans
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I'd buy a truckload of pretzels and send them to the President every day if he became the VP.

That had potential to be funny but the wording wasn't well executed. Nice try, though.

specsaregood
09-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I would sooner expect:
1. Ron Paul endorses a 3rd party candidate.
2. 3rd party candidate pick him as a running mate.
3. Ron Paul wins his congressional seat.
4. 3rd party candidate gets MORE votes than any other 3rd party candidate in recent history and gets access to debates, etc.

But I'm working my ass off to get him the Republican nomination so let's keep focused here.